• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

"We will bury you!!!" Elbrus4 - new russian CPU for desktops.

Started by Daniil, April 30, 2014, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 12, 2022, 04:04 AMOn the topic of Laptop. I'm looking to get a new one. My ideal budget is around 700 for a semi-business laptop. 16gb of ram, 500gb ssd and 6c12t or more. Makes it a squeeze. Especially if you want one with an OK touchpad, screen and keyboard. Wouldnt mind going used. But most of them are years old. And the batteries are usually not so fun after a few years.
The problem today is that few laptops are available on the market due to chip shortage. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and it's already out-of-stock. But I could get a i5 11400 instead of a i7 10870h for a similar price. For 719 € I found this:  ASUS P1701CEA-BX378R - Intel Core i3-1115G4 8 Go SSD 256 Go 17.3". It might be good for you. But you could get something better if you buy a second hand laptop.

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 12, 2022, 04:04 AMOn the topic of Laptop. I'm looking to get a new one. My ideal budget is around 700 for a semi-business laptop. 16gb of ram, 500gb ssd and 6c12t or more. Makes it a squeeze. Especially if you want one with an OK touchpad, screen and keyboard. Wouldnt mind going used. But most of them are years old. And the batteries are usually not so fun after a few years.
Note that I can sell you my former computer if you are near Lyon or Grenoble (in France) this winter for some business trip (if you spend Christmas with me and some friends you won't be disappointed by the wine). It is a HP with a i5 9300h/16gb (I added 8 G or Ram)/a Nvidia Geforce 1050. I sell it for 300€ if you are ok to come and buy it...

humbert

Quote from: scarface on November 12, 2022, 02:42 PMThe problem today is that few laptops are available on the market due to chip shortage. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and it's already out-of-stock. But I could get a i5 11400 instead of a i7 10870h for a similar price. For 719 € I found this:  ASUS P1701CEA-BX378R - Intel Core i3-1115G4 8 Go SSD 256 Go 17.3". It might be good for you. But you could get something better if you buy a second hand laptop.

Really? Every time I receive Newegg's newsletter with offers there are always several laptops available for sale. The price is pretty much what you'd expect for "gamers" laptop. If there's a chip shortage going on, here we're not being affected.

humbert

Daniil started this topic with a appropriate subject. So I was wondering about him.

From what I been hearing, Russia is going from bad to worse. Putin is not only a dictator, he has become essentially a Stalinist (an admirer of Stalin who follows in his footsteps). His "special military operation" has become a war of attrition with over 100,000 Russian casualties and counting - and no end in sight. I only hope Daniil is doing well and that he hasn't been conscripted and (at best) found his way out of Russia.