• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Introduce yourself

Started by Maher, January 28, 2011, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on December 05, 2013, 12:30 PM
So the mystery will persist. aa1234779 is not only exceptional, he knows how to find the right words. As Edgar Allan Poe said, “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”

I'm flattered my friend.. In the virtual world where our minds meet, it's our thoughts & manners that matter more than our ethnic or religious backgrounds, especially when there is no claim of representation to anything other than myself.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

humbert

aa1234779 - I'm curious as to why you're reluctant to reveal your nationality. Are you a citizen of one (or more) of the ±20 Arab countries, or are you a person or Arab descent living outside the Middle East? Or are you Palestinian like our leader Maher?

My nationality parallels that of the Arab people. Those of us who are citizens of one of the ±20 Spanish speaking countries have been labeled 'Hispanic'. In my case I am Hispanic, Cuban to be more specific. See? 

aa1234779

Your curiosity is welcomed.
QuoteA citizen of one (or more) of the ±20 Arab countries.
Very true..
An Arab from the land that was united at a time not long ago and is now divided & torn apart like never before.
Borders & nationalities are variables that were not known before colonialism. The people of North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, the Persian (or Arabian) Gulf, Iraq, the Levant, the Horn of Africa are all considered Arabs whether they are descendents of Semite Arabs (Qahtan, Adnan, and Ghassan tribes) or not. The diverse & tolerant culture of Islam seamlessly melted all the differences of separate cultures into one that is not based upon color, ethnicity, genealogy, nationality (!!!) or any other factor than this..
The language (or lingua franca) and the core values/principles that formulate an Arab. These have not changed in the majority of the people that have withstood 'much' since the beginnings. That is a constant for no less than 1400 years up to this day.

Check these out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOHQAZjkGOQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktt0Nvx5IhE

QuoteMy nationality parallels that of the Arab people. Those of us who are citizens of one of the ±20 Spanish speaking countries have been labeled 'Hispanic'. In my case I am Hispanic, Cuban to be more specific. See? 
I agree with you. Thoughts or a 'spirit' of unity also exists within Latin America & Cuba that is somewhat similar to ours.
It's a matter of personal preference & comfort what to disclose. My choice is to be myself & represent what I believe in, as do you & all others out there.
This is me not being contradictory to myself.  :)
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)

humbert

aa1234779 - thanks for the 2 links. I downloaded the videos so I can view them calmly later.

Just like the Arabs, we too come from all sorts of different backgrounds, colors, cultures, etc.. We have Europeans, Africans, Asians, native indigenous people, etc. I guess the only difference is that our mindset isn't as rigid (or fixed) as in the Arab world, although we too have our set of values.

Not only do I fully respect your personal preference regarding your nationality, but in a way I understand it. I say this because there are some things that I also hide for no other reason than preference. I hate giving out my date of birth and get angry if someone wishes me greeting on that day. Why? Personal preference.  :)

aa1234779

@humbert
That's cool..
If you happen to one day tour at least two countries in the Arab world (Egypt & Morocco per say) you will see how similar we are.
Let's hope for peace in my country & yours.. :)

Hud (11)

akaubee

Hi, I am from Australlia  but now in Mauritius. Next month I will be in India (New Delhi and Benaras)

humbert

Quote from: akaubee on December 14, 2013, 07:27 PM
Hi, I am from Australlia  but now in Mauritius. Next month I will be in India (New Delhi and Benaras)

You're an Aussie? I thought you were from the Middle East. Are you an Aborigine? Also, what are you doing in Mauritius or India? On business?

RonaldVex

My name is Ronald. Am new here. Am getting a lot of help from this forum.

humbert

How did you post that moving smiley? Did you get it from one of those sites Daniil talked about?

humbert

OK, I see what you're doing. The option to choose is "forum code", then just paste it directly without inserting a picture.

I'm also seeing that the URL option works too, but you have to click "Insert Image" first.

These 2 guys are posted using the 2 different methods, and both work.