• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Introduce yourself

Started by Maher, January 28, 2011, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

Hello Humbert,  :)
I'll explain something regarding law,
If every individual in the government is trying to impose Sharia in law <This isn't happening now>, he can't impose it as it was during the time of our prophet Muhammad <Peace be upon him and all prophets>.
He must take graduation as a rule, because he can't change people's life suddenly.
Until everyone here takes all his rights and until every Muslim here becomes a true Muslim, only when that happens, all people here will impose Sharia in law by themselves without any forcing.

Quote from: humb25 on February 12, 2012, 01:16 AM
I still believe what Allah meant when He told Muslims to <for example> avoid alcohol, is mostly to avoid that horrendous drunkenness which does nothing more than cause harm to society, family and oneself. I don't think he's be upset if a Muslim had an occasional beer or glass of wine, at all time avoiding negative or damaging behavior.
No no man.
In our religion, Alcohol is totally forbidden <much or little> and this is so clear in our religion.
If one drinks just one glass and doesn't cause harm to others, he now causes harm to himself.
And also, we are ordered not to cause harm to ourselves <It's one purpose of our religion>.
Another thing, Allah is the one who has created us and he is the only one who knows what is good for us. However, everything we do is just arguing and saying why and why not. And since he created us perfectly, we are not free to cause harm to our body <saying we are free>. No, we are not free in this because we didn't buy or create our body, so it belongs to Allah and we must protect it.
This is what we believe and I was just explaining to make it more clear.

Be safe.  :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on February 12, 2012, 03:09 PM
I'll explain something regarding law,
If every individual in the government is trying to impose Sharia in law <This isn't happening now>, he can't impose it as it was during the time of our prophet Muhammad <Peace be upon him and all prophets>.
He must take graduation as a rule, because he can't change people's life suddenly.
Until everyone here takes all his rights and until every Muslim here becomes a true Muslim, only when that happens, all people here will impose Sharia in law by themselves without any forcing.

That terrific! It's great that there is and probably won't be some sort of "Islamic Republic" in Egypt where forced Sharia law reigns supreme (like Iran or Saudi Arabia). If someone wants to impose Sharia law upon himself, that's entirely his business and no one has the right to tell him he can't. In all countries, the government's only role is to prevent harm that one person might do to another. After all, the swing of my fist must stop where the point of your nose begins.

Quote from: Ahmad on February 12, 2012, 03:09 PM
In our religion, Alcohol is totally forbidden <much or little> and this is so clear in our religion.
If one drinks just one glass and doesn't cause harm to others, he now causes harm to himself.
And also, we are ordered not to cause harm to ourselves <It's one purpose of our religion>.
Another thing, Allah is the one who has created us and he is the only one who knows what is good for us. However, everything we do is just arguing and saying why and why not. And since he created us perfectly, we are not free to cause harm to our body <saying we are free>. No, we are not free in this because we didn't buy or create our body, so it belongs to Allah and we must protect it.
This is what we believe and I was just explaining to make it more clear.

You're correct. I was "misled", curiously by an Islamic friend (he is Libyan) who used to visit me on business when I worked. I also like to question him, as I do with you  :). In any case, one night I was bored and decided to visit a night club, just to have a drink or two and maybe talk to someone. By pure chance I found my friend there, and he even invited me to have a drink. I told him "doesn't your religion prohibit that?" -- he just shrugged his shoulders as if saying "so what" or "not a problem". To make matters worse, it was a Friday night and he even told me he had visited a mosque a few hours earlier. I had no idea there were even mosques in Miami, and he explained there were 4 of them.

I should have also remembered an episode I saw of the TV show "Muslims in America". In it, there was going to be a wedding -- he was Muslim, she wasn't, or maybe the other way around. In any case, when the 2 families got together to make the arrangements, the Muslims insisted that there be no alcohol at the reception. The Christian family, in respect to their beliefs, agreed.

danielstand

Hi Im Daniel Christian A. Estrella From The Philippines
Nice To meet you. ;D ;D ;D

topdog

Greetings, I'm topdog. New here and to internet. Am old and slow but please don't put me down yet, I still have dreams.
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

Ahmad

Hello Daniel & Topdog,  :)
Welcome to our world.
Enjoy.  :) :D

BLADESHARK

@topdog 8)
What/Which dreams????? :P
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

topdog

Thank you, both Ahmad and BLADESHARK for your welcome. I am very bad at writing and need MSWord and much time, so will respond more fully to your query later BLADESHARK. For now my first hope is to  get a computer system up and running that does what I need and I can maintain (have not used computers since I had a 286 running windows 2.03 many years ago and didn't know anything then).  That is, until 4 months ago. Thank you again.

Ahmad

@topdog

Take your time, man.
But for now, at least, let us know where are you from?
I'm Ahmad from Egypt.
Be well and safe.  :) :D

topdog

@ Ahmad. Apologies for my rudeness.                                                                                                                   I am coming to you from Paraparaumu, Kapiti, Aotearoa (English name is New Zealand).                                          Have updated my profile.                                                                                                                                    Haere rā (Goodbye) for now.   

Ahmad

Nice to know you .
Be always well and safe.
:) :D