• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Introduce yourself

Started by Maher, January 28, 2011, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakumei

Yes, i have two PC's and one laptop, but i use only this one.

salaah

This is my 1st hour here,
I am Salaah from Iraq, the center of problems in planet earth -maybe other planets also-, I feel optimistic about finding the source of few best windows copies that I used for educational purposes in the past, I hope i can find more useful stuff here, and more chances to help people get free and independent from big companies.

Daniil

Welcome, respectable comrade Salaah. :D
Enjoy your stay. :)
I think here you can find almost best source of free, pirated soft on the net! ;D

salaah

Hi Daniil,
I do not like the U$ companies, but still I am not a "comrade", this word carry more meanings than I really believe in, anyway, I do not know any one who like to bay for software!!, if this is "comradism" then it is OK to me :), I am in your party ;)

Daniil

@ salaah
In that phrase "comrade" means friendly and respectfull relationship to the person.   :)
I know, that for many people "comrade" sounds like something about kommunizm. But look, the communism is in the past and it leaves only a knowledge about its failures and some strange but beautiful words and therms. ;D
I use that word because it is more friendly than cold english "sir", but more careful and correct than "friend" ("friend" may sounds as familiarity and may be improper, for example, to the elders).
And - he-he  :D -  also because word "komяade" sounds very "Яussian".  ;D ;D ;D

And - tell me please, what is correct, polite and friendly appeal to stranger in Iraq?

Ahmad

Ahlan Ya Salaah. (Welcome)  :)
I wish you and the whole Iraq all the best. May Allah be with you.
Have a nice stay with us.  :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

salaah

Hi, Ahmad, Daniil and everybody

Daniil, I totally agree with your principle in choosing the words, especially for this forum use, If I would find the sience fiction "time machine" then I'll go back to the time when languages where invented and add a word that mean "remote friend" since it will help the humanity when they will invent the networks later.

Also, since  it is all about introducing people in this thread, I want to tell you something that might look strange to you, in most Arab countries, they say to a stranger "brother" which is more friendly than just "friend", a more strange also is that in countries like Egypt you can expect very personal subjects to speak about with someone whom you knew just an hour ago. But, be careful  in Baghdad .. they will give you even more emotions in the first meeting and they will call you "brother" or even "hey, my eyes" or "my soul", but you might get hanged or shot for nothing if you say "comrade", believe me, this word here is a crime by itself, this is because the old regime of Saddam used its Arabic translation "Rafeeq" to say this person is a "member" in the party, but now, because the Shia are ruling, if you accuse someone of being a "comrade", then he might get killed without a question, alot of people used this word to get rid of their opponents, most Arabs that lived in Iraq before where terminated by this word, especially the Palestinians, even if they are innocent.

and Yes Ahmad: Ahalan Beek (Your also welcome), where do you live?

Ahmad

I live in Egypt, dear brother.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

salaah

Hi Ahmad,

I was just watching the youtube, I felt interested to see the new president explaining a phrase from the quran, I remembered the old explanations of Mubarak and Sadaat when they reached the damn chair, they where speaking even better -since they had only needed to speak-, "Bin Mursi" was speaking in a way that made me think he is just another one who speaks better than doing, and he does really bad, he reminded me with an Syrian song that translates: "chairs sit on chairs, a corrupted goes then a cruel comes". I wish I am wrong, I wish all the best to the simple, sweet heart, best laughing, and most "alive" Arab people; the Egyptians, I hope you will do better than us in this fight for justice.

If I will squeeze the Iraqi experience and give it in few words to the people who have just came out from revolutions, I tell you: Just kick the Americans and their allies out and you will be fine, even the devil personally cannot hurt worse than someone who follow the Black house.

Daniil

@ salaah
Things which you were told are very impressive. They raise a bunch of questions.

Let's go to General Talk theme, dear friends! (For prevent "Introduce" theme from "flood".)