Author Topic: Hackintosh Anyone?  (Read 456 times)

November 29, 2018, 09:06 PM
Reply #10
  • Global Moderator
When it comes to Linux distros, Mint is my favorite. It's got pretty much everything, it's easy to configure and fully supports 4K screens.

Of course I agree with the wiki article Scarface mentioned. Apple makes every attempt to monopolize everything and have full and total control. You are stuck in their world and paying for it. I would never get an Apple product, not even for free.

December 01, 2018, 09:11 AM
Reply #11
Anyway, I'm done with mac os on laptop. Now I am trying to install w7 on my kaby lake cpu which will be a struggle for me.
PC: H81, 8GB, 500GB
LAPTOP: LENOVO IDEAPAD 320, 8GB, 128GB SSD, 500GB HDD

December 01, 2018, 06:41 PM
Reply #12
When it comes to Linux distros, Mint is my favorite. It's got pretty much everything, it's easy to configure and fully supports 4K screens.

Of course I agree with the wiki article Scarface mentioned. Apple makes every attempt to monopolize everything and have full and total control. You are stuck in their world and paying for it. I would never get an Apple product, not even for free.

I suggest trying Debian with cinnamon desktop. It's my personal favorite for desktop usage.
Unless if we count for gaming.

I use it without almost any additional configuration on my laptop.

December 02, 2018, 09:48 AM
Reply #13
  • Global Moderator

I suggest trying Debian with cinnamon desktop. It's my personal favorite for desktop usage.
Unless if we count for gaming.

I use it without almost any additional configuration on my laptop.
Alienware?