• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What I hate about usb flash drives!

Started by aa1234779, February 22, 2013, 03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motasem

if anyone needs help with booting from usb i can help :)

humbert

Quote from: Motasem on March 25, 2013, 12:37 PM
if anyone needs help with booting from usb i can help :)

You're the man! Just like I asked in the other topic, I'm wondering how it is that any burning program can make a bootable ISO easily boot from CD or DVD, yet to make it boot from USB requires a special program or arcane instructions. Can you help?

Motasem

well im using g4d "grub 4 dos" Linux loader to load the windows files under dos "setupldr.bin" and this's all the manual way

if you want an app to make it there's tow ways

1.loading the whole winXXX.iso file example "Eazy2Boot" which i advise to use it from my friend Steve ( http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/72---easyboot---a-grubdos-multiboot-drive-that-is-easy-to-maintain )

2.loading the setup based on the flat file ( windows extracted )  example "Rufus,SARDU,WinSetupFromUSB,WinToFlash,YUMI"

humbert

Quote from: Motasem on March 30, 2013, 04:05 AM
well im using g4d "grub 4 dos" Linux loader to load the windows files under dos "setupldr.bin" and this's all the manual way
if you want an app to make it there's tow ways
1.loading the whole winXXX.iso file example "Eazy2Boot" which i advise to use it from my friend Steve ( http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/72---easyboot---a-grubdos-multiboot-drive-that-is-easy-to-maintain )
2.loading the setup based on the flat file ( windows extracted )  example "Rufus,SARDU,WinSetupFromUSB,WinToFlash,YUMI"

Like I said in my other post, Xboot is pretty good and will probably do all that for you. Give it a try.

Mohammad Kamran

As Salam O Alikum,
I was trying to install Windows (any) to my Dell Latititude Netbook. So I wanted to load windows in my USB flash device, somehow my flash device become a part of Hard Disk Drive(local disk), now i just solve this issue, but there is another 1 comes up which is my USB device is not shown in any computer any more. Can you please with this issue?