Author Topic: good movies  (Read 95384 times)

December 10, 2018, 11:20 PM
Reply #150
  • Global Moderator
Maybe some of you watched the movie Swimming pool, available above.
It's not a masterpiece, I agree with you. You can probably find better movies on the forum.
But the movie is filled with symbols, and if you don't pay attention, if you don't understand the symbols that punctuate this movie, it can become dull very quickly.
If you watched it, I advise you to read my interpretation below.

Interpretation of the movie.
Sarah morton is an embittered and jaded woman who will relearn how to live through an intellectual and fantasy experience.
At the end of the movie, we are disturbed by the arrival of the publisher's daughter Julia and the mixture of the two images of Julie and Julia in the imagination of Sarah. This indicates that Julie and Julia are in fact the same person, one being the illustration of reality: a banal young girl with an ungrateful face and the other the representation of fantasy: a young woman with a dream body. This shows us that we have just looked at a story that we thought was real while we were immersed in the imagination of Sarah Morton: we observed elements and drew a false conclusion: the story that is happening is different from the reality: one of the themes is therefore the difference between what we believe to be the truth and the reality.
This difference is due to our interpretation influenced by our way of functioning and our fantasies. This theme is repeated in different moments of the film, especially when Sarah rolls the swimming pool cover, we think (like her) that she will discover a body when it is only a pneumatic mattress (which announces a future murder). Similarly, the scar of Julie is the illustration of the existence of Julie, it is the symbol of the reality of the body as a matter that can react, once again Ozon plays with us since we will learn at the end of the film that Julie is not real but imaginary.
Sexuality, death, blood are the universe in which we are immersed, in the heart of the soul of a frustrated and nostalgic novelist who says herself "she is passionate about crime sex and money. "
When sarah arrives in her room, she removes the cross from the wall: the cross represents the religion and its morality: Thus, Sarah will fantasize and sin and she removes the cross that calls her to order and we go back in her fantasies.
Sarah's absent lover becomes the absent father of Julie. The latter is looking for herself in her partners and hates him for abandoning her, leaving such a traumatism that she will even kill the waiter who rejects her and wants to leave: this revives her childhood trauma and this time she can make somebody pay for the harm done to her: she will kill this surrogate father: it is therefore a patricide that we are witnessing and not just the death of a waiter.
The death of the waiter, the death of Julie's mother announced by a person dressed in black, who ages too quickly (and thus dies too soon): All are symbols of death.
Finally the pool itself represents a place of rebirth: water symbolizes life: it is an amniotic liquor in which Julie is bathing from the beginning.

The writing of this book will allow Sarah to be reborn by the externalization of her fantasies, her frustrations, the monotony of her life, her lover who ignored her (this being symbolized by the signing of a contract at another publisher). She will discover the truth and meet the real daughter of the editor: Julia.
I was confused at first but now with your interpretation it is easier to understand.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:14 AM by scarface »

December 11, 2018, 09:55 AM
Reply #151
  • Global Moderator
I was confused at first but now with your interpretation it is easier to understand.

Yes. Sometimes banal movies have a deeper meaning. That's the case with Swimming pool. That's the case with Fight club too. The movie is violent, but if you scratch the surface, it is calling into question a society based on efficiency and individualism.

Note that I corrected my review about Swimming pool, and therefore your message. Indeed, I jotted down a note in French, and then translated it with google translate. Not because I'm not able to do it, but because it's quicker. I noted that serveur had been translated incorrectly as server, but I forgot one occurrence. Indeed, serveur means both waiter and server in French.

By the way, here is an interesting review that I found about Fight Club:
The narrator’s shifting from himself into Tyler Durden was a bit of a profundity because, when he was Tyler, he spoke with confidence and people followed. He was a bit like Jesus in the way he was charismatic.
Look at it this way, the Narrator (We’ll call him Jack since that’s who he is in the book) is always answering to someone. Jack doesn’t have any real lust for life. He seeks answers but doesn’t seem to find anything other than the superficial. It’s bothering him. Jack can’t sleep because he’s never had a truly spiritual experience. Then, when he’s Tyler, he confirms this because when he’s Tyler, he says this:
“Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. “
Juxtapose that against what he said to Jack in the bar over three pitchers of beer which means that Jack had three pitchers of beer and discussed this entire thing…with himself.
“We are consumers. We're the by-products of a lifestyle obsession. “
The problem is that Jack is lifestyle obsessed. I mean he is absolutely consumed by it. He even states that he was nearly complete. What does that even mean.

Then Tyler starts to manifest. Just look at the guy. It’s really obvious he doesn’t give two shits what you or I would think of him. He dresses how he wants when he wants and isn’t bothered by what anyone may think of him. He lives in a house that, by all rights, should be condemned. He’s on the bottom, rock bottom and he doesn’t give a ****. He’s not a consumer. He’s the kind of guy who doesn’t give a **** about the latest cologne. He’s Jack’s exact polar opposite. Jack feels ineffectual, Tyler is charismatic and takes charge. Jack doesn’t seem to have a lot of luck with the ladies, Tyler is into sport-*******. Jack is lying to police about his apartment, Tyler would be more than happy to tell the cops, “**** you guys I blew it up because I just couldn’t take the soul-rending bullshit of being almost complete anymore.”

Tyler amasses a following and Fight Club morphs into Project Mayhem because, in Tyler’s Mind, these people want to be led to Tyler’s promised land. There’s adventure and wonder there. There’s danger. There’s the ability to be shaken up the core. Tyler has found a need. People no longer want to be chained to that nine to five where they have no incentive to pursue their dreams, these people that follow Tyler want to be anarchistic in their freedom. They want to answer to no one. They want what Tyler has. They don’t want masters but they don’t know how to get there so, for now, they accept Tyler as their master, knowing that, at some point, they’ll be required to get from Point A to Point B on their own spiritually.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:38 AM by scarface »

December 11, 2018, 09:59 AM
Reply #152
  • Global Moderator
Tonight the users of the forum are very calm. Nobody is speaking on the forum. Maybe they are a bit bored, or even worse, depressed?
That's why 2 new episodes of the X-files are available on the forum.

The X-files - Wetwired
https://mega.nz/#!1BkTRLYC!SCGLmcRKVuhMT9DmsYz5rbR2iTOv4jEE1_6lbybhRjg

The X-files - miracle man
https://mega.nz/#!NJNwiIqS!FRzkNVl3zerzjBa2iJFUS0PLFO_Hkk0AHfKa0pg0yGA

December 14, 2018, 06:43 AM
Reply #153
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, the French movie Student services, released in 2010, is available on the forum.
Note that this movie might not be suitable for everyone of the forum, and I'm thinking about akaubee or usman.

After an initial stage of ambivalence and hesitation, I finally decided to upload this movie for the forum. There is no doubt humbert and aa1234779 will enjoy this film. But what about the school boys or the least fortunate of the forum, who could recognize themselves in Laura D.?
In all likelihood, this movie won't turn out to be a mirror reflecting their inner world.

My opinion: In the first 20 minutes of the movie, the predicament of the young student induces a state of queasy anticipation. The scenes with a world of lurid colors are intertwined with darker scenes. The viewers of the forum will certainly notice the stark contrast between the young student and the elderly customers.

The story:
Laura D. is a modern language student at a Paris university who desperately wants to do well in school. She works a part-time job but cannot make ends meet. One evening in which she is short of funds, she answers a personal ad online by "Joe," 57, who seeks a female student for "tender moments." The pay is 100 euros per hour. Laura pledges to do this just once, and three days later, she goes to a hotel room with Joe. And then her spiral begins.

In French with English subtitles.
Link: https://mega.nz/#!LN5SmYqB!elkB2xWfdv1tqx7gAOL_Zyib32aewT6Muz1S-xFXUDA

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:21 PM by scarface »

December 22, 2018, 03:19 AM
Reply #154
  • Global Moderator
Today, you are very lucky. Indeed, a new episode of the X-files, titled Teso dos bichos, is available on the forum.

https://mega.nz/#!EQtgyYSL!TASEVAzdZ7jZ0LISjCdvi8TmZirZc2tE3LnsqUDs4Ec

December 22, 2018, 12:49 PM
Reply #155
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, the documentary Fahrenheit 11/9 is available on the forum.
In this documentary, Michael Moore examines the current state of American politics, particularly the Donald Trump presidency and gun violence, while highlighting the power of grassroots democratic movements. But I must say I've been disappointed, the film failing to deliver something relevant.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!AcFGWS5Z!XQGxC-ee0uIYYLV4c5igKzaEFU_dxiuf5o_LNfUgG7c

December 28, 2018, 06:54 AM
Reply #156
  • Global Moderator
Note that the movie the vengeance of the winged snake might be available on the forum soon. I'm currently making some English subtitles.

I was talking about this movie here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1023.msg29461#msg29461

December 29, 2018, 12:19 AM
Reply #157
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, the French movie Student services, released in 2010, is available on the forum.
Note that this movie might not be suitable for everyone of the forum, and I'm thinking about akaubee or usman.

After an initial stage of ambivalence and hesitation, I finally decided to upload this movie for the forum. There is no doubt humbert and aa1234779 will enjoy this film. But what about the school boys or the least fortunate of the forum, who could recognize themselves in Laura D.?
In all likelihood, this movie won't turn out to be a mirror reflecting their inner world.

My opinion: In the first 20 minutes of the movie, the predicament of the young student induces a state of queasy anticipation. The scenes with a world of lurid colors are intertwined with darker scenes. The viewers of the forum will certainly notice the stark contrast between the young student and the elderly customers.

The story:
Laura D. is a modern language student at a Paris university who desperately wants to do well in school. She works a part-time job but cannot make ends meet. One evening in which she is short of funds, she answers a personal ad online by "Joe," 57, who seeks a female student for "tender moments." The pay is  per hour. Laura pledges to do this just once, and three days later, she goes to a hotel room with Joe. And then her spiral begins.

In French with English subtitles.
Link: https://mega.nz/#!LN5SmYqB!elkB2xWfdv1tqx7gAOL_Zyib32aewT6Muz1S-xFXUDA

I liked the movie very much!
I watched my X files for the first time. I thought it was a spoof like naked gun.

December 29, 2018, 04:11 AM
Reply #158
  • Global Moderator
I liked the movie very much!
I watched my X files for the first time. I thought it was a spoof like naked gun.
When I was in secondary school, I was a fan of this series. But it was a bit frightening.

December 29, 2018, 04:21 AM
Reply #159
  • Global Moderator
Today, the movie "the vengeance of the winged serpent is available on the forum".

The Vengeance of the Winged Serpent (La vengeance du serpent à plumes) is a 1984 French/Mexican adventure comedy directed by Gérard Oury and starring Coluche as Loulou Dupin, a middle-aged loser. He meets a girl who appears to be a member of a leftist terrorist organization, and this turns Loulou's life upside down.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!MU92wALI!PVjS4Fv6WyJwLwXD1TiXb7QSs9SRWWDSSUIhs1dxs9Q

Subtitles: https://mega.nz/#!IdlEnYQB!CZa7NNYD1jL28CJJ8mOn5X2JEIl1oYW9TKBv2fhfgSo
The subtitles are good for the first 40 minutes. They will be improved later.