Author Topic: good movies  (Read 92550 times)

December 29, 2018, 07:25 AM
Reply #160
  • Global Moderator
I liked the movie very much!
I watched my X files for the first time. I thought it was a spoof like naked gun.
When I was in secondary school, I was a fan of this series. But it was a bit frightening.
I jump forward sometimes to avoid those scenes.

January 01, 2019, 06:03 AM
Reply #161
  • Global Moderator
Today, the movie Cypher is available on the forum.

The story:
An unsuspecting, disenchanted man finds himself working as a spy in the dangerous, high-stakes world of corporate espionage. Quickly getting way over-his-head, he teams up with a mysterious femme fatale.

https://mega.nz/#!PcQllSBB!g8aVDNTEWBxMkAV9k2-MPDDYGW4F1HsEGt0wyWrzOzM

January 10, 2019, 05:18 PM
Reply #162
  • Global Moderator
For those who want to watch the movie "Matrix", here is a link:
https://www8.putlockers.co/movie/the-matrix/?watching=DkKTLHLknT

The pill scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1_IbFFbzA

January 12, 2019, 09:49 AM
Reply #163
  • Global Moderator
Tonight a new movie is available on the forum, titled Murder on the Orient express.
It is a 2017 mystery thriller film directed by Kenneth Branagh, based on the 1934 novel of the same name by Agatha Christie. For the lovers of Egypt like aa1234779 or Maher, it is a must-see.
And maybe some of you know the world's best-selling mystery book, "And Then There Were None", also known as "Ten little niggers" when it was published in 1939. I read it roughly 15 years ago, and I advise you to read it if you haven't done it yet, it's a masterpiece.

Streaming link: https://www8.putlockers.co/movie/murder-on-the-orient-express-2-free102/?watching=zmGmzrmzIf

January 17, 2019, 12:27 PM
Reply #164
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, the movie Unseen enemy is available on the forum.

Unseen Enemy is an essential exploration of reasons 21st-century populations are experiencing a rash of diseases that were once only outbreaks, but have now become full-blown epidemics. This increased risk that we face, and the ways society and individuals can work together to reduce that risk, are explained to the public through the case studies of three epidemics: Ebola, influenza and Zika. Moving across the globe, we meet doctors, disease detectives and everyday people who have stepped into the horror of an epidemic and emerged deeply changed. Epidemics bring out the best and worst of human behavior, with effects reaching far beyond the tolls of sickness and death.

https://mega.nz/#!xdsymAoI!s47cRVSSOrGyVXThM3sX0hFdHUkvVSxjUPFC4frLEHg

January 19, 2019, 12:46 AM
Reply #165
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, the movie Unseen enemy is available on the forum.

Unseen Enemy is an essential exploration of reasons 21st-century populations are experiencing a rash of diseases that were once only outbreaks, but have now become full-blown epidemics. This increased risk that we face, and the ways society and individuals can work together to reduce that risk, are explained to the public through the case studies of three epidemics: Ebola, influenza and Zika. Moving across the globe, we meet doctors, disease detectives and everyday people who have stepped into the horror of an epidemic and emerged deeply changed. Epidemics bring out the best and worst of human behavior, with effects reaching far beyond the tolls of sickness and death.

https://mega.nz/#!xdsymAoI!s47cRVSSOrGyVXThM3sX0hFdHUkvVSxjUPFC4frLEHg

I just grabbed of copy of Johnny English Strikes again from tpb 720p version.
I've lot of movies to esp. Fahrenheit,cypher,deadpool 2 and few others as well.

January 19, 2019, 10:33 PM
Reply #166
  • Global Moderator
This increased risk that we face, and the ways society and individuals can work together to reduce that risk, are explained to the public through the case studies of three epidemics: Ebola, influenza and Zika. Moving across the globe, we meet doctors, disease detectives and everyday people who have stepped into the horror of an epidemic and emerged deeply changed. Epidemics bring out the best and worst of human behavior, with effects reaching far beyond the tolls of sickness and death.

I haven't seen the movie but I do know the situation with epidemics is not as bad as it seems, and improving. Back in the 1980's HIV was a death sentence. Today that's no longer the case. A few years ago we were helpless against ebola. There are now vaccines and better methods of treatment. Cases or ebola are down, survivorship is up. Despite the fact that both your father and mine died of cancer, even there survivorship is much higher than it used to be, and slowly increasing as time passes. Some 12 years ago I survived cancer. If it had been 20 years earlier I would not be posting this message today.

January 20, 2019, 02:49 AM
Reply #167
  • Global Moderator
There are now vaccines and better methods of treatment. Cases or ebola are down, survivorship is up. Despite the fact that both your father and mine died of cancer, even there survivorship is much higher than it used to be, and slowly increasing as time passes. Some 12 years ago I survived cancer. If it had been 20 years earlier I would not be posting this message today.
What cancer did you have?
Concerning diseases spread by mosquitoes, I'm a bit pessimistic, because the effects of climate change will allow some species to go where they were not able to go before. Before 2008 there was no tiger mosquito in France.
For example, I was in the South of France this summer (actually somewhere between Lyon and Marseille), and I stumbled upon a tiger mosquito (I killed him so I was able to check that). I had never seen one before. some users of the forum like you, Maher or Vasudev probably know it already. They need warm climates but they are unable to live in the desert. With warmer Winters, they are rapidly spreading to Northern Europe and Northern America.
https://www.climatecentral.org/gallery/maps/heres-where-winters-are-warming-the-most
The tiger mosquito range
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 02:57 AM by scarface »

January 20, 2019, 07:29 AM
Reply #168
  • Global Moderator
Today, a new movie is available on the forum, titled Suspiria, and released in 2018.

Review: A young American woman moves to Germany to attend a prestigious dance academy run by witches, including choreographer Madame Blanc; mysterious disappearances and schizophrenic behavior haunt its halls. The similaritieswith the first Suspiria largely end there, though. The new Suspiria isn't so much a giallo wannabe as it is a deep psychological mindfuck about the horror of knowing that the evils of days gone by never really leave us. It’s also a beautiful film with some deeply unsettling sound design and a truly twisted ending.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!sIdlmK5R!ut9JkJOQNy3cMUYdwdU0AEfTib_lWdBXsOipfaNjriE

Note that most copies found on the internet have no subtitles for the German parts an this is pretty confusing. I did a Brrip of the original version, so this one has.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 06:49 PM by scarface »

Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Reply #169
  • Global Moderator
What cancer did you have?

Esophageal. I felt some mild difficulty swallowing and at first thought nothing of it. Deciding to err on the side of caution, I went to the gastroenterologist where an endoscopy confirmed the results. I got 6 months of punishing chemotherapy followed by a month of intense radiation. The treatment was so severe I was hospitalized twice. In the end the tumor was eradicated and hasn't returned in 12 years. 20 years ago PET scans didn't exist. This meant the surgeon would have to cut me open and attempt to remove the tumor. This would not have worked in my case since the cancer was inoperable.

Concerning diseases spread by mosquitoes, I'm a bit pessimistic, because the effects of climate change will allow some species to go where they were not able to go before. Before 2008 there was no tiger mosquito in France.

The Tiger mosquito (Aedes albopictus) is native to southeast Asia and is an invasive specie everywhere else. We all know what happens when a specie is inadvertently introduced to a place where it doesn't belong. History is rife with examples. Either way, I wouldn't be as pessimistic as you are. You know what happened to Ferdinand de Lesseps when he attempted to build the Panama Canal. Eventually the problem was solved and yellow fever eradicated. I've been to Panama twice and haven't seen a single mosquito. An even better example is South Florida. The Everglades are arguably the most mosquito-infested area in the world. It can't be sprayed because it would have an negative effect on the delicate environment. Despite this, the human population continues to grow and thrive.