Latest Java Runtime Environment - Jre 21.0.0 x64 silent installer <--°>

Started by scarface, March 08, 2013, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Jre 21.0.0 x64
Link : Jre

This is a silent installer.
Only x64 version is installed.
For windows 8.1/10/11 x64, not compatible with windows xp and 7.

humbert

When a newer copy of Java comes up, what I do is go to the java web site and click around a little until I see both the 32bit and 64bit runtime environments (usually jre*). I know I could do with only the 32bit version which is the one Firefox uses, but I'm just picky.

humbert

When I replaced Firefox with Waterfox, I didn't install Java at all. Firefox's configuration kept saying it was unsafe and disabled it by default. With all the web sites I've visited in the past few months, I've yet to encounter one that insists on Java to run something. I'm thinking Oracle's test site is the only one around.

Bottom line: don't even bother with Java

humbert

Last time I had Java on my system, Firefox disables it by default deeming it unsafe. It's been quite a while since I've run into a site that uses Java. The most recent is http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php -- it's a good site, it tells you if your ISP is throttling or interfering with torrents. As I see it, for just one site installing Java is just not worth it.

scarface

To humbert: I tested this version and Firefox also disabled it (v28.0). If you have time perhaps you can find which registry key is changed or what to do to enable it automatically. I can insert that in my installer.
Java is not mandatory as you say except when you want to display a graphic or something which has contents requiring java.
For example the following graphic needed java to be displayed:

I didnt choose this graphic randomly and I'm going to explain it to you.
This is the exchange of the Eur/Yen.
in August 2012 for 1Euro you had 95 Yen.
Now for 1Euro you have 141 Yen.
So there has been a big devaluation of the yen (losing in 1 year about 40% of its value) and it is due to the japan government printing a lot of money, because Japan is an ageing, ruined, terribly indebted country, and it needs to import a lot of commodities, like oil to produce electricity, since most nuclear plants have been shut down after the accident of Fukushima. And it's interesting to see that the US are following the same way by printing tons of dollars, not in the same proportion  that Japan though, but the dollar is being devalued anyway, impoverishing the vast majority of the population which is not very rich and which can't buy real assets like gold, lands, or even stocks...to be protected against the loss of value of the money.
I hope You have understood until now...
When There Is a devaluation, There Is an increase in the price of every asset, like food, commodities (for example the japanese are paying their oil 70% more in yen, as it Is priced in $). Its also true for Financial stocks. And if we look at the Nikkei, it Just soared from 8500 before the printing of money to 14000 now. If we "reprocess" the 14000 in a not devalued yen, we have to remove 40% to the index and then we are Just above 8500. So a well avised investor who has bought japanese shares, if these ones have followed, in average the Nikkei, didnt lose money, he's even more rich, in devalued yen. But for the huge majority of people who dont invest in anything There Is a big loss, their purchasing power Is weakened. And its the same thing with the current bubble at wall Street. A few bankers are making money while the population Is impoverished, all That with the assent of central bankers like Ben Bernanke  who dont want to take strong measures to reimburse an enormous debt and prefer to keep the economy afloat a few more weeks or months.

iih

Quote from: scarface on March 08, 2013, 10:00 PM
http://tinyurl.com/cco4ky6
Jre 8.0
both version x86 x64 are installed.
For windows7/8 x86/x64.
I got failed through auto java updates, i remember you've update Java silent installer,
tried to download. wow your link is very fast average 800KB/s.
After installed, now back to normal state with java auto updates, Thanks alot.

eqso.orari-digital.org:8888 YBØIX

humbert

Do you visit enough Java-based web sites that it becomes necessary to install it? I'd love, for example, not to have to install Flash, but unfortunately too many web sites use it, and I don't mean Youtube. They have HTML5 available with which you can skip Flash, but sadly that's the not case with so many others.

scarface

To humbert: probably not, but I dont see why I wouldnt install it. Now I use essentially my phone to browse websites, And there is no java, nor flash available for win8, for me no flash is often disabling.
some updates are out but I Will update jre8 when major updates are released.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on May 01, 2014, 12:12 AM
To humbert: probably not, but I dont see why I wouldnt install it. Now I use essentially my phone to browse websites, And there is no java, nor flash available for win8, for me no flash is often disabling.
some updates are out but I Will update jre8 when major updates are released.

I use plugins only if I feel I need them. In my case I've only run into 1 Java-using site in the past year or more. Not only that, but Firefox disables Java by default and says it's unsafe. I don't like flash any more than you do, but unlike Java, many sites use it. For example, if 100% of all videos I look at were from Youtube, I'd remove Flash and just use the much safer HTML5.

humbert