• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Virtual Machines

Started by humbert, May 08, 2023, 06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on February 19, 2024, 05:59 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on February 18, 2024, 07:14 PMOh I remember, if you have previously applied telemetry blocking rules via firewall try disabling them and re-run hyper V setup ie remove all existing OS virtual images and allocated disks. Some components gets downloaded via MSFT domain.
Not sure why its buggy on your end with Win 11 provided you have supported hardware.

I use Windows 10 Privacy to block telemetry through the firewall and the hosts file. I can't understand why only Hyper-V would be affected. This given the fact that their other VM's (Windows system for Android and Linux) run with no issues. I'm probably doing something wrong somewhere. Even so I decided not to bother with it. VirtualBox runs great. The only thing I've been unable to do with it is install MacOS as a VM. I downloaded a copy with instructions but unfortunately I couldn't get the damn thing to work.

When you say "virtual OS images" do you include those that run under VirtualBox as well? I don't have any under Hyper-V.

Incidentally, have you guys tried Windows system for Android? This thing is truly a piece of work! You can run Android apps in separate windows as if they were native Windows apps themselves. You can sideload any apk and even talk to the subsystem using Google's platform tools. If you have an Android phone this thing is a must. BTW I use a rooted modded copy and it works great. It includes Magisk for root and Gapps with Google Play Store and anything Google.
Yep For instance there are Win 11 Development Image https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/
Android and other Linux Distros for Vbox
This is for consistent experience as per minimum system reqmts.