• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Internet Download Manager 6.28 Build 16

Started by Maher, May 26, 2013, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

I have yet to experience any kind of boosts using this tool.
I did a quick benchmark comparing FF's own download tool, and the IDM.
IDM had a mixing 17-22MBytes/ps and FF had a stable 21-22MBytes/ps, then when the file was done by IDM it had to be put together..(?)

For what kinds of files is IDM faster? I did the benchmark with a .zip file (5gb)

humbert

An important reason I'm using IDM is that it picks up any sound or video media that's playing an a green dot pops up, prompting you to download it. On Youtube you have your choice of available resolutions. The downloader included in the browser doesn't do this. If everything you downloaded nowadays were just plain data files, then I agree no download manager would be needed.

iih

My respect to Mr.Maher, your IDM "Number one" has been tested for several days. No serial Issue..
Thanks so much.. for your work.
eqso.orari-digital.org:8888 YBØIX

shinbi

I am looking forward the new version 6.23 Build 14. Thanks Maher

wallofasgard

According to the news,Mr.Maher will be having a break for a couple of months.Don't worry,im sure that he will update the program when time is available. :)   I am still using his last IDM release (version 6.23 build 12) with no problem at all.

humbert

@wallofasgard - You have the â™, under your name. I thought you were a girl. ♀

LeeYongWoo

how can i download software from this web?

Vasudev

Quote from: Fuj on May 21, 2015, 08:34 PM

Download managers were must-have back in the dial-up days, mainly because they could resume broken downloads and browsers couldn't, which was a big deal because everything took a long time to download at 6 KB/s and failures happened a lot. They also utilized the connection quite better than browsers and downloaded faster; 1 KB/s increase made a big difference back then. Nowadays they are hardly indispensable software and they're nowhere nearly as popular but they can still be useful. I occasionally use FDM when I want to queue up downloads and start them later, or when downloading a large file that will take some time to complete so I can close FF if I need to free up resources.
Why didn't try DTA for FF?

scarface

to Leeyongwoo: check the first message for the links provided by Maher. Either download the piece of software with a free or a premium account. Be aware that downloading with a premium account will reward the uploader for his work.

Maher

Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/