Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Handbrake 1.7.1, switch-less installer - x86-x64
Link: Handbrake

7zipped and added custom icon.

Here is a discussion about the best settings for handbrake:
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1026.0

humbert

Is handbrake only for converting videos from one format to another or is there any other use?

scarface

updated to version 1.0 (major update).

QuoteIs handbrake only for converting videos from one format to another or is there any other use?
Actually, I use it to re-encode some movies...
If you read the thread with me and Ahmad, you'll see the settings I'm using. To rip some Blurray into good qualities Brrip, it's the best piece of software available. However, if you don't have a high end cpu, I guess you should choose lower settings (with a i7 6700hq, it takes up to 12 hours to encode a movie...).

humbert

I can't understand why it takes as long as 12 hours to rip a BD disk. Why not try Redfox AnyDVD combines with CloneBD. It rips the BD disk and either clones it converts it to a file with H.264 and even HEVC (H.265). AnyDVD removes the copy protection in the background and CloneBD does the actual ripping. I've never ripped a BD but I've ripped DVD's with their software. It normally took about 15 minutes. I realize BD will take longer but not as long as 12 hours.

I've converted full length movies to the H.265 format with Handbrake, and it takes about 45 minutes. I only have an i7-4770K.

scarface

updated to v1.2.0

scarface

Note that Handbrake was updated to 1.3.3.