• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Virtual Clonedrive silent installer

Started by scarface, July 06, 2013, 04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Here is Virtual Clone drive v5.5.2.0 silent installer made by me.
Link: https://mega.nz/file/QF80RJYS#AeI7Ha9e3FAkwkSbhZsr0woQrBAUyqv7Mibaoxjjabo
for xp/7/8/10 x86/x64
includes virtual clonedrive & certificate

Virtual clonedrive does the same things as daemon tools, but I find it easier to use. What's more, the installer is totally clean.

Vasudev

I use DT w/o the bloat. Just uncheck SPTD driver while installing.

Vasudev

Quote from: Fuj on May 30, 2015, 08:04 PM
I was mainly referring to emulation features (SecuRom etc; I don't know if they're available in DT Lite). VCD is 'bare bones', which is exactly what I want from this type of software.
Yes they're available. There's a new update called DT10 looks like win 10 with strict MS signatures and no kernel patching I guess.

humbert

I'm curious about something. Not being totally sure what you meant by "Virtual Clonedrive", I did a search and discovered it's basically taking an ISO (or similar) and mounting it as a virtual drive. That being the case, why do you guys bother to look for software that does this? If you wanted to do that with Windows 8.1 , simply right click the ISO and select "Mount". I've done it a few times before and it works great.

Then again you could simply extract the ISO's files and run the setup program.

Vasudev

With Win8.1 and above there is an option for mounting ISO w/o third party apps. Will you reserve your Windows 10 upgrade?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 08, 2015, 10:12 AM
With Win8.1 and above there is an option for mounting ISO w/o third party apps. Will you reserve your Windows 10 upgrade?

I already did. In fact in one of the other topics I mentioned that MS' upgrade prompt won't go away when you reserve your upgrade.

Vasudev

Installed the update with no registration window appear.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 10, 2015, 10:09 AM
Installed the update with no registration window appear.

It's on the taskbar at the bottom right.

scarface

Virtual clone drive was updated to version 5.5
Note that the switchless install is not a rar archive anymore but a 7zip sfx executable.
Indeed, the rar achive was detected as a trojan by some antivirus. It shouldn’t be the case anymore.

Here is the script used:
;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
MiscFlags="4"
InstallPath="%SystemDrive%\\VCD"
ExtractPathText="%systemdrive%\\VCD"
OverwriteMode="8"
RunProgram="%systemdrive%\\VCD\\certmgr.exe -add -c %systemdrive%\\VCD\\EB.cer -s -r localMachine TrustedPublisher"
RunProgram="%systemdrive%\\VCD\\vcd.exe /S /noreboot"
;!@InstallEnd@!

scarface

updated to Virtual Clone drive v5.5.2.0