• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Boss Maher didn't get free time to make slipstreamed xp.

humbert

Quote from: WhiteTomcat on May 11, 2015, 11:16 AM
Hello Maherz :) ... Will you be making Windows XP future updates anymore?

Microsoft stopped XP updates about a year ago. Upgrade immediately unless you're stuck with a very old system with no possibility of upgrading it.

WhiteTomcat

Quote from: humbert on May 12, 2015, 06:12 AM
Microsoft stopped XP updates about a year ago. Upgrade immediately unless you're stuck with a very old system with no possibility of upgrading it.
I actually use Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit. I always keep updated versions of XP from Maherz but since there are no updates I thought why not ask!!

shhnedo

Sure, me too. There's just one thing. XP "officially" died on April 8 2014. The updates by microsoft after that date are just another one of their bullshit lies: "recieve critical security updates for a small fee(hence M$) and stay safe on our old *** operating system". I'm not saying XP wasn't good, it really WAS a decent operating system. This infinite "updating", however, is ABSOLUTE bullshit! If somebody wants to "hack you", he/she will simply "hack you" without giving a single flying f**k about how "updated" your XP is. These updates are POINTLESS and I'm actually glad Maher stopped integrating them into XP. Just slap the Jan2015 iso on a USB/CD and stick with that for old *** AthlonXP/Pentium 4 machines(which should've died out by now, atleast 80% of them). And, ofcourse, after installing XP on a machine, immediately disable updates. Let it run fresh! There's no point in beating a dead horse, so to speak.

shhnedo

Quote from: Fuj on May 14, 2015, 08:56 PMFear of hackers is another one of silly phobias.
Something that comes from watching too many movies and reading too little IRL information.

doomcake

I think the updates are coming from the posready thingy.

A lot of them have been netframework updates.

Zeromido

x86 or x64 or both ?
Thanks

Vasudev

shhnedo

Quote from: Zeromido on September 01, 2015, 09:05 PM
x86 or x64 or both ?
Thanks
XP SP3 DOES NOT HAVE an x64 version!

humbert

Who in their right mind would want to install Windows XP x64?