• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shhnedo

Quote from: humbert on September 05, 2015, 04:53 AM
Who in their right mind would want to install Windows XP x64?
I share this same exact opinion but over the years since win7 came out I've encountered whole armies of tin-foil-on-the-head geeks who always say stuff like "only fools say "newer=better"" of "MS is spying on you, stay on XP or u get h4x0r3d".
In any case, as far as I've read(don't quote me on this), XP x64 is known to be kind of buggy on the compatibility side. So, crazy or not, I wouldn't install XP x64 under absolutely no circumstances when a newer OS with much better memory management and compatibility is available.

humbert

I think the simple fact that almost nobody ever used XP x64 is proof enough that this incarnation of XP is garbage. 64-bit hardware existed long before Windows 7 x64 appeared on the scene.

I believe the idea that "only fools say "newer=better" comes from the fact that when something new is released it's usually buggy. Often times the bugs are fixed, and if the OS is so bad that they can't all be fixed then it's usually discontinued (e.g., Vista & Windows ME). There's also a learning curve for new stuff. It's much easier to take the path of least resistance and say "this is garbage" as opposed to trying to learn something news and dealing with whatever bug they run into.

int24h

Windows update notified me for KB2879017 to download. Is it safe? (for this "version" IYKWIM). And  i always thought this is the last version with all updates with exception such as windows malicious software removal tool and runtime updates.
Thanks
London is the capital of...UK....united kingdom...United Kingdom.........England

shhnedo

That update addresses Internet Explorer issues and I doubt you're using IE. Just disable updates completely and enjoy XP while it's still worth something. No need to install any more updates. As I've said in the past, no windows update can protect you from what's coming to you. If someone wants to compromise your PC security, they'll just do it no matter how up-to-date your XP is. Stop being paranoid.

int24h

Quote from: shhnedo on November 14, 2015, 12:37 PM
That update addresses Internet Explorer issues and I doubt you're using IE. Just disable updates completely and enjoy XP while it's still worth something. No need to install any more updates. As I've said in the past, no windows update can protect you from what's coming to you. If someone wants to compromise your PC security, they'll just do it no matter how up-to-date your XP is. Stop being paranoid.

Oh i got that, just wondering if that update could broke my activation/genuine somehow (like KB971033 to win 7) anyhow thanks for your reply
London is the capital of...UK....united kingdom...United Kingdom.........England

cmg777

Thank you Maher I appreciate this comprehensive XP disc. Is there anyway I can take out the Maher's World from the Computer specs area under Control Panel -> System? How would I go about doing so?

spook

Hi guys, I've been digging old Maherz archive, I think best version is Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 x86 Integrated August 2013, is this version is with royal theme?

Does anybody have mirror links?

humbert

What ancient hardware do you guys have that requires you to use XP?

Kjhoh

LOL actually I still think that Win XP is best to use because it is simple and easy.....
And for standard use you wouldn't need that much of features like the new windows...
Sorry for being that old school haha

humbert

Quote from: Kjhoh on June 07, 2016, 01:13 PM
LOL actually I still think that Win XP is best to use because it is simple and easy.....
And for standard use you wouldn't need that much of features like the new windows...
Sorry for being that old school haha

It's best to use ONLY if you're stuck with an old computer with no possibility of upgrading. On newer systems XP is virtually unusable. Also,  newer versions of Windows become "simple & easy" wheh you sit down and learn them.