• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Kjhoh on June 15, 2016, 11:49 AM
Is it enough for this?

Wait a second. You're trying to put XP on this thing? Are you out of your mind? Listen and listen well -- XP is ancient and is not equipped to handle today's hardware. Even writing XP drivers for this thing is a waste of time. Just for starters, look at your RAM and see that almost all of it is wasted - XP can't see it.

If you MUST run XP, then my suggestion is to download VMWare or Virtual Box and run it as a virtual machine. Your primary OS should be Windows 7 at the very least, although I personally recommend 10. Believe me, you have plenty of horsepower to run several copies of XP or anything else.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 20, 2016, 03:54 AM
Is it enough for this?

Wait a second. You're trying to put XP on this thing? Are you out of your mind? Listen and listen well -- XP is ancient and is not equipped to handle today's hardware. Even writing XP drivers for this thing is a waste of time. Just for starters, look at your RAM and see that almost all of it is wasted - XP can't see it.

If you MUST run XP, then my suggestion is to download VMWare or Virtual Box and run it as a virtual machine. Your primary OS should be Windows 7 at the very least, although I personally recommend 10. Believe me, you have plenty of horsepower to run several copies of XP or anything else.
+1

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on June 21, 2016, 08:30 PM
Quote from: humbert on June 20, 2016, 03:54 AM
Is it enough for this?

+1

You also need an 64bit OS.. you're running 32bit os.. limiting your ram drastically.

nomaher

Thanks Prof
Plase Update Windows For 2016

humbert

Quote from: nomaher on July 26, 2016, 05:57 PM
Thanks Prof
Plase Update Windows For 2016

Download a copy, install it and use Windows update. No need to wait for a slipstreamed copy.

nomaher

Veddyn

Hello everyone! I've been a long time lurker of this forum but I only registered today to say good job to the OP and all who contributed for this fine project. And I also have a question, will it ever be updated? Microsoft released some security patches for WannaCry a while back and I think they should be added to this release.

humbert

Quote from: Veddyn on July 24, 2017, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone! I've been a long time lurker of this forum but I only registered today to say good job to the OP and all who contributed for this fine project. And I also have a question, will it ever be updated? Microsoft released some security patches for WannaCry a while back and I think they should be added to this release.

As far as I know MS, after intense pressure, did indeed release an XP patch for WannaCry. I don't think they'll be releasing any more patches, let alone upgrades. XP is an ancient operating system whose time is gone. The only people who should be using it are those who are stuck with an ancient computer (15 years or older) that can't run Windows 7 or higher, and it is financially impossible for them to upgrade. Other than that there is no reason to keep running XP.

scarface

For those who need xp, here is the latest version of Maher with the patch for wannacry integrated...
I deleted a few things though. Oh, and you have to uncompress it and rebuild an iso file too.

Link: https://ufile.io/cesv9

Spo0cky ^^

Hello Maher,

1. This is nice Work from u, but the Support of XP is noct down... he end than 2019.

Look that link... http://www.zdnet.de/88194135/windows-xp-registry-hack-ermoeglicht-updates-bis-2019-update/?inf_by=59833189671db829108b4847

Can u update ure Version.

Greetz Spo0cky ^^