Maher's Digital World

Windows XP Support

Offline scarface

Re: Windows XP Support
« Reply #1860 on: October 04, 2019, 02:24 PM »
Hi Janet.
Maybe you can try to send a pm to shhnedo, we haven't seen him for a while (last active on September 11 2018).
Or you can try to do it yourself: If I remember well, you have to tinker with sfc_os.dll for this kind of message. You'll find here how to do that: https://msfn.org/board/topic/110834-disable-xp-sfcwfp-works-with-sp3/

If it's too difficult, you can do it with nlite on shhnedo's OS by patching sfc_os.dll. But you'll have to reinstall it then.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:30 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #1861 on: October 05, 2019, 11:31 AM »
To Janet:
Here is a patched sfc_os.dll for xp sp3: https://ufile.io/burh8n3d
You can take it and replace your own file to solve the problem.

« Reply #1862 on: October 07, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Many Thanks for your support. I am a little worried about this message, whether windows system files have actually been changed. If that is so, shouldn't those files be replaced with genuine windows system files? I have no idea how this can be done. What does the patch you have very kindly sent me actually do, when it is installed or run?

Offline scarface

« Reply #1863 on: October 08, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Many Thanks for your support. I am a little worried about this message, whether windows system files have actually been changed. If that is so, shouldn't those files be replaced with genuine windows system files? I have no idea how this can be done. What does the patch you have very kindly sent me actually do, when it is installed or run?
The DLL sfc_os.dll is partially responsible for Windows File Protection, a series of threads running within winlogon.exe.
If you replace the original dll with this one, you will disable Windows file protection. You can't execute it since it's not an executable file.
You will find more information here: http://showcase.netins.net/web/giftitems/ADVANCED/10_Windows%20File%20Protection_66.htm
And I don't know why you have unsigned files. For this you can ask shhnedo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:02 PM by scarface »

« Reply #1864 on: October 13, 2019, 09:21 AM »
Hi scarface,

I downloaded the patch file. The OS is working fine so I will go ahead and replace the current file with the patched one. I will in any case send a PM to shhnedo and ask him about this. Thank you for solving my problem  :)

Offline scarface

« Reply #1865 on: October 13, 2019, 04:29 PM »
Well, good for you if it's working. I guess your computer is pretty old to run windows xp.
This error was quite common formerly. As far as Shhnedo is concerned, I don't know what became of him.
The forum lost many experienced users and the registrations have been closed for months. In this context, only a few regular users are still writing on the forum. At least there are no spammers.
Some users blamed me for deleting a few messages. I'm sure they wouldn't have deleted some obsolete messages themselves, it's too tedious. They must be resting on their laurels, but I'm sure some of them are still reading the forum.