• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Quote from: scarface on December 13, 2019, 09:38 PM
I was watching this clip, and I remembered Janet was desperately looking for help. Have you been able to talk to Maher? Or did you simply download the latest version of xp available in the first message?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7RasQMqqeE
I have not talked to Mr. Maher yet. For the moment, I will send him a PM as you suggested instead of calling.
Quote from: scarface on December 08, 2019, 08:56 PM
I don't see the point in asking him a old version of windows xp since a new one is available on the forum.
Are you referring to the one you posted in your 1st message?

Thank you for the you tube clip!

scarface

Quote from: Janet on December 14, 2019, 01:25 AM
Quote from: scarface on December 13, 2019, 09:38 PM
I was watching this clip, and I remembered Janet was desperately looking for help. Have you been able to talk to Maher? Or did you simply download the latest version of xp available in the first message?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7RasQMqqeE
I have not talked to Mr. Maher yet. For the moment, I will send him a PM as you suggested instead of calling.
I don't see the point in asking him a old version of windows xp since a new one is available on the forum.

I have no time this morning but I will reply later. Hopefully you will have the instructions of Maher too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lweuy1X9Tcg

scarface

Quote from: Janet on December 14, 2019, 01:25 AM

Yes. I was referring to this link: http://uploaded.net/file/eoe25jxz/X32.040215.rar
I think Maher's edition of xp is very clean. Therefore, it's not needed to use an untouched version (and in this case, I don't know if it's useful to ask him the "June 2011 edition").

Note that this year, I'll be probably alone for Christmas. If you are a vip of the forum, and if you want to come to Clermont Ferrand for some time between 12/23 and 01/05, I can give you shelter and food (I can go to the airport of Lyon to take you). And if you are inviting me somewhere, I will think about it.

scarface

I hope that humbert, aa1234779, shadow.97, and Maher are fine. We have not seen them for a long time now.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 15, 2019, 09:25 PM
I hope that humbert, aa1234779, shadow.97, and Maher are fine. We have not seen them for a long time now.

I'm still here and hopefully so is everyone else.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on December 17, 2019, 05:35 AM

Yeah, I do come here on weekly basis.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on December 17, 2019, 11:45 AM
Quote from: humbert on December 17, 2019, 05:35 AM

Yeah, I do come here on weekly basis.
Same with me I'm here quite a bit. I just don't really show my presence.
I've got no intention to stop coming here

user

XP on my laptop thinks the touchpad is a mouse: the touchpad works nevertheless :)!
How to disable "tap to click"?

user

Has everybody succumbed to the covid virus?

humbert

user -> You're still on XP at this day and age? Are you stuck with an ancient laptop that won't run at least Windows 7 or what? With respect to the touchpad, I don't use it at all so I disabled it in the BIOS. Have you checked to see if that's possible on your laptop?

Regarding Covid19, I asked Scarface about it a while ago in another forum. I got vaccinated a month ago. Since nobody else said anything regarding this topic, I'm under the assumption nobody else here is either sick or vaccinated.