• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallofasgard

Hello guys,

I just wanted to confirm if the current 32 bit version of Mr.Maher's Windows 7 works well with those who are currently using it.I understand that most of you guys are using 64 bit.

I am planning to download the Next release of Windows 7 32 bit and ofcourse try it .Thanks. ;)

humbert

Quote from: wallofasgard on October 13, 2014, 04:59 PM
I just wanted to confirm if the current 32 bit version of Mr.Maher's Windows 7 works well with those who are currently using it.I understand that most of you guys are using 64 bit.
I am planning to download the Next release of Windows 7 32 bit and ofcourse try it .Thanks. ;)

What hardware do you have that forces you to go with 32bit releases of Windows?

wallofasgard

Quote from: humbert on October 16, 2014, 05:18 AM
Quote from: wallofasgard on October 13, 2014, 04:59 PM

What hardware do you have that forces you to go with 32bit releases of Windows?

Sorry for the late reply, no internet connection in my area for several days.

Not for me exactly but for my niece...she is using her laptop and said she wants the 32bit instead of 64bit for the reasons unknown to me.I think she only needs it for her typing works or school projects.  :)

May i ask this question if you don't mind...uhhmm..is it possible for me to skip the installation of a specific windows update for Windows 7? For example, i am currently using Windows 7 updated with July 2014 only and i am planning to skip the updates for August and September.  I am planning to download the October updates only.Is it possible to do that and will it work without any impact on my system?

By the way, i am planning to download updates manually (installer) instead of using the Automatic Update of Windows.

humbert

@wallofasgard -> You can turn off Windows updates now and turn them back on in October, or whenever. There should be no impact on your system. I'm curious as to why you'd do this, given that most of these updates are security related.

wallofasgard

Quote from: humbert on October 21, 2014, 05:58 AM
@wallofasgard -> You can turn off Windows updates now and turn them back on in October, or whenever. There should be no impact on your system. I'm curious as to why you'd do this, given that most of these updates are security related.

So,its possible then. Thanks.  :)

I usually take only the critical updates given that it was not a buggy update.These days were different from times ago...i think Micro$oft didn't even test some of the updates thoroughly before they release it.

Vasudev

Quote from: wallofasgard on October 21, 2014, 06:07 AM
Quote from: humbert on October 21, 2014, 05:58 AM

So,its possible then. Thanks.  :)

I usually take only the critical updates given that it was not a buggy update.These days were different from times ago...i think Micro$oft didn't even test some of the updates thoroughly before they release it.
I update windows every 4-6 months so as to avoid buggy update.
Another problem by updating windows is there are lot of backup files created and this could lead to some conflict with older version of updated files.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 21, 2014, 05:27 PM
I update windows every 4-6 months so as to avoid buggy update.
Another problem by updating windows is there are lot of backup files created and this could lead to some conflict with older version of updated files.

How does updating every 4-6 months avoid a buggy update? Also, with your slow connection it must take you forever to download 4-6 months of updates, unless you reformat and reinstall a slipstreamed version (worse!).

As for backup files, Bleachbit does a good job of obliterating them. Now when I reinstalled Windows I brought down 114 updates, Bleachbit cleaned out 1.2GB of garbage that Ccleaner missed. Come to think of it, now that I checked there are 16 more available.

Vasudev

downloaded update files are cleared by ccleaner & bleachbit but real problem is that win7 keep old version of programs,dll,ocx etc in under winsxs\backup\.

Vasudev

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 24, 2014, 07:31 AM
downloaded update files are cleared by ccleaner & bleachbit but real problem is that win7 keep old version of programs,dll,ocx etc in under winsxs\backup\.

What if you went into Ccleaner's setup and manually added that folder for cleaning?