cha

Installed (3.3.2 Build 30488), the latest possible
try downloading torrents on tpb site, so far it's OK
I faced problems slow download speeds + / - 50 KB / s
In order to increase the download speeds, I tried to setup
many choices that have to be changed.
I am not familiar with this.

Suggest any, more than welcome. :(
Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

cha

Quote from: usmangujjar on February 16, 2014, 05:10 AM
@cha> when you downloaded the torrent file, you seen Seeds/peers?? and read the comment??
pick only high rated torrents.
I'm still not so clear for this, possible more detail please!

humbert

@Cha -> Torrent speeds are heavily dependent on the number of people in the swarm. "Swarm" means the number of people sharing the torrent(seeds and peers). Since the file comes from all of them together, the more people the faster the speed. Before we do more tweaking, do this: open another tab, go to thepiratebay.se and randomly select a torrent that has PLENTY of seeds and peers (people in swarm). After a few minutes (be patient) check your speed, it should increase tremendously. Also, since everything depends on the swarm, it's normal for speeds to vary all the time.

The great thing about BitTorrent is tbat it uses few resouces. Even with a slow computer you can leave it working in the background and do other stuff as if BitTorrent weren't there. By leaving it on you can grab huge files, slowly but surely.

Do that and report back to us.

Shadow.97

Check so that µTorrent isn't showing a triangle at the bottom right, and that it isn't limited by not allowing enough connections. I had to boost my connection to the roof to be able to max my speeds.

cha

Quote from: humbert on February 17, 2014, 04:08 AM
@Cha -> Torrent speeds are heavily dependent on the number of people in the swarm. "Swarm" means the number of people sharing the torrent(seeds and peers). Since the file comes from all of them together, the more people the faster the speed. Before we do more tweaking, do this: open another tab, go to thepiratebay.se and randomly select a torrent that has PLENTY of seeds and peers (people in swarm). After a few minutes (be patient) check your speed, it should increase tremendously. Also, since everything depends on the swarm, it's normal for speeds to vary all the time.

The great thing about BitTorrent is tbat it uses few resouces. Even with a slow computer you can leave it working in the background and do other stuff as if BitTorrent weren't there. By leaving it on you can grab huge files, slowly but surely.

Do that and report back to us.
@humbert
@gujjar
@shadow
Now I can start playing with uTorrent, more comfort, after having all suggest,
for a while not yet have question . Thanks.

humbert

I'm glad it's working. Now you can enjoy all the files, movies, and programs you'll ever want - no restrictions, no logging in, no garbage! Always keep in mind how torrents work - parts of your file are coming from everybody in pieces like a jigsaw puzzle. Your computer simply takes all those pieces and re-assembles them. This is precisely why the more people in the swarm (seeds and peers), the faster you'll get your file.

Another thing. Be a nice girl and seed your files when the download is finished. Don't close µTorrent, just leave it on for as long as you can. This allows others in the swarm to grab pieces of the file from you in the same way you just grabbed pieces from them. That way we all help each other.  :) ;)  And remember, the fact that you're seeding will in no way slow down your computer, you can keep on working on other stuff perfectly.

Vasudev

@Scarface: Why does uploading torrent taking a lot of time, hell not even a megs of data is uploaded?

scarface

Quote@Scarface: Why does uploading torrent taking a lot of time, hell not even a megs of data is uploaded.
Consider sending me some screenshots, an upload speed test, and a way to see if some downloaders (leechers) are connected.
PS: I have no connection where I am and I wanted to download a movie so I used my good old system, using a hotspot with a proxy to be able to connect to peers since hotspots are meant to blocks P2P connections. And it's working, both download and upload. Check if your network is not completely closed.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 14, 2015, 04:38 PM
@Scarface: Why does uploading torrent taking a lot of time, hell not even a megs of data is uploaded.

2 factors are involved: (1) the upload speed your ISP provides, and (2) the number of leeches who want your torrent. You don't really "upload" a torrent, what you do is make it available to whoever wants it - if nobody wants it then the torrent goes nowhere. This constrasts sharply with uploading a file to a site such as mega.co.nz, where you are directly uploading the file to that site's server.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 16, 2015, 04:23 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 14, 2015, 04:38 PM
@Scarface: Why does uploading torrent taking a lot of time, hell not even a megs of data is uploaded.

2 factors are involved: (1) the upload speed your ISP provides, and (2) the number of leeches who want your torrent. You don't really "upload" a torrent, what you do is make it available to whoever wants it - if nobody wants it then the torrent goes nowhere. This constrasts sharply with uploading a file to a site such as mega.co.nz, where you are directly uploading the file to that site's server.
At the moment I've only one seed. I'm using transmission on Xubuntu.