• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU)-Alternative to Driver Sweeper

Started by Vasudev, July 19, 2014, 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

For all those people who felt sluggish performance after display driver update or black screen issue after installing new drivers on top of old ones. Here's a program to fix above issues.Users will feel like installing driver after fresh install of windows.

More Info about this tool:
Q:What is Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU) ?
A: Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely remove AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, and the driver store).
The AMD/NVIDIA video drivers can normally be uninstalled from the Windows Control panel, this driver uninstaller program was designed to be used in cases where the standard driver uninstall fails, or whenever you need to thoroughly delete NVIDIA and ATI video card drivers.
click here to download version from Author's site Download

NOTE:
1.Create a system Restore Point before starting DDU. Newer version support this function in normal mode.
2.For additional protection use tweaking.com's registry backup tool Download
3.Use this tool in safe mode.

Vasudev

This tool also support removal of intel gpu drivers.Use this tool directly.

humbert

I don't recall a time where I've had a problem because new drivers were installed over old one. I even remember one time I updated my AMD (ATI) graphics card drivers and started having problems. I wrote AMD's tech support and they told me the new drivers were buggy. They told me to just go to Device Manager, select the card and click "roll back driver". That worked.

I'm assuming this tool would be ideal if you switched your video card from NVidia to AMD, or vice versa.

Vasudev

No, amd recommends using amd uninstall tool before installing new driver or even updating old ones.
Removing all remnants of old drivers ensures better stability of gpu like OC'ing etc.
No need to uninstall via control panel run this tool in safe mode & it silently carries out uninstall process.
uninstall via control panel then reboot & run ddu in safe mode.

Vasudev

In this section, you'll find Display drivers and similar SW.