• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 with Integrated Updates (Maher) or Untouched Version?

Started by Zeroworld, September 01, 2014, 08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeroworld

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering...

An untouched original windows 7 SP1 (without the updates integrated) would update better, more precisely for your pc configuration through 'windows update' after the OS installed?

Or Maher's version with the integrated updates will work better in this regard?

Which one is the less cluttered, cleaner option for the end user?

Zw

scarface

Maher's version doesnt need old updates as they are integrated. A bare windows 7 sp1 wouldn't add the old updates more precisely.
the question can be good for future updates. As Maher releases some full versions, some problems are not probable too. Usually, the problem is the person in front of the computer, you know.
If you download something you can also make a donation to reward mr Maher.
I used to do my own versions tested by mr harkaz , you know, and the problems only came when I deleted the wrong files.
The only question that is useful here is: is it legal to install this version. Well it is as long as you have a legit key.

Be aware that you can still test his software on a virtualmachine.
when you type nomaher.com in google you have probably noticed that a guy is wondering on another forum if maher's uploads are trustworthy. Well I didn't test them, but nobody said they were lousy or found viruses.

humbert

I don't know why some of you make such a big deal about integrated updates or slipstreamed OS's. There is no getting away from online updating. Unless you're still on XP, online updates are constantly going on. Even if you download an un-updated OS, set it to update online. It'll happen in the background while you continue using the OS as usual. With slow connection just have a little patience, sooner or later it'll all come down.

scarface

Yesterday msft released a whole bunch of updates for windows 7.

Windows 10 is also offered...but as Fuj said, it might be better to skip it.

asgharbhatti

Quote from: Zeroworld on September 01, 2014, 08:56 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering...

An untouched original windows 7 SP1 (without the updates integrated) would update better, more precisely for your pc configuration through 'windows update' after the OS installed?

Or Maher's version with the integrated updates will work better in this regard?

Which one is the less cluttered, cleaner option for the end user?

Zw