• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Tech Support idiots

Started by humbert, December 12, 2014, 04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

which OS & motherboard r u using?
reduce settings to high and see it gives more fps.
on gtx 860m you can play bf4 at high settings eventually you've to turn off computer to prevent overheating.
do u have latest gpu & cpu drivers?
try tinkering ur bios settings.
I think your system specs is overkill for any game u throw at it try thief 4.

humbert

Vasudev - remember this is a laptop. Besides, I don't play all that many games. Later when I have a chance I'll install one to see how it works. Fortunately I have a spare gaming mouse with many buttons. On a laptop with a small keyboard it's almost impossible to play a game without it.

Vasudev

I recommend not to play games on your new laptop, if you interested to play a game install a very old game say 3-4 years old & try to play that @ ultra settings note its temp, if it is hitting 70-80 degrees Celsius don't play games on ur laptop.
My old lappie had this problem used to hit 85-90 deg C while playing cricket 2007 WC edition for 12 hours straight(I was a noob at this didn't know about temp & other stuffs).

Daniil

Quote from: Vasudev on December 19, 2014, 04:12 PM
which OS & motherboard r u using?
reduce settings to high and see it gives more fps.
on gtx 860m you can play bf4 at high settings eventually you've to turn off computer to prevent overheating.
do u have latest gpu & cpu drivers?
try tinkering ur bios settings.
I think your system specs is overkill for any game u throw at it try thief 4.
I'm using Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev 2 and Win 7 with all updates. Ofcourse, comrade, all drivers are new, and I tuning BIOS settings.
On high settings I achieve 55 FPS in ArmA2 in most scenes, that's great. On Ultra in scenes with intensive changing of light sources (i.e., great night battle) FPS can slowed to 22-25 FPS.

I thought, that's not the hardware problem, that's the problem of ArmA2. All the OFp-ArmA series have a troubles with performance when a lot of units is on the scene.

humbert

@Vasudev - Like I said before, the term "gaming laptop" is simply a sales strategy. Laptops are not really for gameplay, that's what desktops are for. If I do install a game for it, it'll be something very light. Another thing - that temp reading of 70°C or higher can't possibly be right. That's hot enough to cause blisters on your hand. Sure, it got hot, but not that hot.

@Daniil - yes, AMD is very good. I've had AMD forever and never a complaint. What video card are you using to get those frame rates? I believe your board works with the FX line of processors which do not support graphics directly - a separate video card is mandatory.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on December 21, 2014, 08:10 PM
@Daniil - yes, AMD is very good. I've had AMD forever and never a complaint. What video card are you using to get those frame rates? I believe your board works with the FX line of processors which do not support graphics directly - a separate video card is mandatory.
I said about my video card up in this thread. I'm using two NVidia GeForce 770 GTX with 2Gb VRAM on each, setted up in SLI. Good for gaming, good for developing games (I am fan of Unity, C# and Blender  ;D ).

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on December 22, 2014, 03:24 PM
i have searched around, and didn't found useful info.
i have a 8GB Kingston USB stick, when i click on format, it says: write protected.
there is any way to format it? or remove write protection?

The entire stick is write protected or only some files on it?

Have you tried the USB format tools instead of native Windows?

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on December 22, 2014, 07:12 PM
entire disk is write or copy protected, i have tried various tools & cmd commands.

You mean then protected at the hardware level? I've never seen this, unless it's one of those you buy with stuff preloaded. Have you done a google search on how to format it?

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on December 22, 2014, 07:26 PM
A friend did something with it.
nothing preloaded, googled it, but nothing working.

Why not start by asking your friend what he did.

Vasudev

Quote from: usmangujjar on December 22, 2014, 03:24 PM
i have searched around, and didn't found useful info.
i have a 8GB Kingston USB stick, when i click on format, it says: write protected.
there is any way to format it? or remove write protection?
I guess flash drive has reached end of life. Buy new one. :)