• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Forum attacked and invaded by bots.

Started by scarface, December 15, 2014, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

I called Humbert and he told me that Maher had been warned but he's probably busy.
Hopefully, he will do something when he's back.
It's probably the work of an angry Russian guy since there are some Russian spams. You probably know that the rts index crashed and has lost 10% today, and that the ruble has lost 70% of its value against Euro in 3 months. Due to that, some Russian brats have suicidal tendencies and they come here to show they want to break a forum. Maybe Maher had better do a harder registration and an efficient antispam to make those script kiddies harmless, though.

Vasudev

Maher should add another step for user verification like solving a simple mathematical problem.

humbert

Maher got back to me today. He said these was automatic bots who managed to get on. He activated ReCAPCHA to make it a little more difficult for them to get in, and also deleted all posts and accounts from the bots. I will continue reporting to him if they crop up again.

Vasudev

humbert

I sent Maher a text message about this problem, so I'm assuming he'll be getting on pretty soon. I'm thinking these bots have figured out a way to get around CAPTCHA.

Vasudev

maybe maher can introduce two step captcha one being symbols another would be arithmetic problem.

scarface

Does Maher care any longer or does he have enough time? The forum needs a savior, otherwise its members are going to leave because they are fed up, at least those who are lucid, and we have already noticed that Ahmad left. Humbert is the last savior on the forum, but to accomplish his duty, I think it would be good that he could become an administrator too.

Daniil

Ð'ориску - на царсÑ,во?!!! Не бываÑ,ÑŒ эÑ,ому! (Boris - as Tsar?!!! No way!) ((c) Ivan 4-th the Terrible)
I mean, our respectable Scarface isn't best candidate as administrator (not because his skill, but because he is very impulsive, especially after a bottle of good wine  :) ).

scarface

QuoteÐ'ориску - на царсÑ,во?!!! Не бываÑ,ÑŒ эÑ,ому! (Boris - as Tsar?!!! No way!) ((c) Ivan 4-th the Terrible)
I mean, our respectable Scarface isn't best candidate as administrator (not because his skill, but because he is very impulsive, especially after a bottle of good wine

Maybe you should learn to read. But I'm afraid Maher might not look for any candidate at all, should it get worse on the forum.

Maher

Thank you guys for all the effort you put in the forums to stay together and united as a family! I really appreciate it.
I'm sorry I don't have time to read everything and reply to you..
But be sure that I always check from time to time and read your posts, and I will reply when I have time ;)

Regarding the bots, I tweaked the registration page a little bit. Hope this might help..
reCAPTCHA isn't helping anymore! I think bots bypass it easily now..
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/