Maher's Digital World

New topic Photos

Offline scarface

Re: New topic Photos
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2019, 11:15 AM »
Here are new photos for the users of the forum...

Place de l'hôtel de ville.

Place Jean Jaurès.

And another good clip of Maika.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glHVnHRekcI

Offline scarface

« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2019, 06:27 PM »
Tonight, I have a riddle for the users of the forum.

These hills are located north of a big town.

What are they called? It's probably a difficult question for the users of the forum.
Note that these hills are located within the city limits.

You have the choice between:
- Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
- Margalla Hills, Islamabad
- Oakland Hills, Oakland
- Philopappos Hill, Athens
- Montmartre Hill, Paris
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:33 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2019, 06:24 AM »
Apparently nobody found the right answer.
Of course, it was not the hill of Montmartre in Paris, this hill is densely populated.
It's not the Philopappos hill in Athens either.  We would have seen a monument called Monument Philopappos, which sits atop the hill.
Well, I guess some of you think it's Beverly hills. Actually, the vegetation would be different. The photo shows that area boasts a mild climate and lush vegetation.
Could it be the Margalla hills in Pakistan? Yes. The Margalla Hills (Urdu: مارگلہ پہاڑیاں‎) is a hill range which is part of the Himalayan foothills located within the Margalla Hills National Park, north of Islamabad, Pakistan. The Margalla range has an area of 12,605 hectares.

Offline scarface

« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2019, 03:26 PM »
Tonight, there is a terrible storm in Saint Etienne.
And tomorrow, it's probably going to hail. I'm wondering if climate change and its dramatic effects are not increasingly visible and increasingly violent.

But if it's hot, I advise you to do like me: drink a good pastis in a bar.
I guess that Pastis has no secret for humbert, aa1234779, Vasudev and Usmangujjar.
Pastis is an anise-flavoured spirit and apéritif from France, typically containing less than 100 g/l sugar and 45% alcohol by volume. Pastis is normally diluted with water before drinking, generally five volumes of water for one volume of pastis, but often neat pastis is served together with a jug of water for the drinker to blend together according to preference.

Here you can see the bar "les artistes", rue Praire, near place Jean Jaurès. And a "pastis tomate", a cocktail using pastis and grenadine syrup.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:29 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Tonight, I’m holding a conference on the forum about Saint Etienne.
Here are a few photos for the users of the forum.

These are big buildings. It looks like the skyline of New York.
This street is called Allée du Général Rullière.

A statue, place du bicentenaire.

A few photos taken near  the market of Bellevue.

An Elvis look-alike

Some cheap pictures. The image is varying in accordance with the movement of the observer.

A bird's eye view of Saint Etienne.

In 1970, they were 230 000 in Saint Etienne. They are now 170 000. Saint Etienne is the only "big" town of France that suffered such a population loss. But when you are wandering in the streets, you can still see that there was a glorious past here.

Now millions of people are crammed into a few dynamic cities while most of the country is empty.
In France ,10% of the population are on 50% of the territory, while 40% of the population are concentrated on 1% of the territory. French space is clearly polarized in urban areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY9xjJXitE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27hHLN5NZIY

You must know the best game repacks are already available on the forum.
You want them better and smaller?
I need:
- A bik 2 encoder (the sdk is not freely available, only the bik 1 encoder is available)
- an ogg encoder in a program that can trigger a batch to encode files to a % of the original files (and not a batch that encodes with a given bitrate).
I'm waiting for your suggestion. (You can send a pm to "alfredd31@hotmail.com")
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 04:33 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Here are a few more photos taken on place Anatole France in Saint Etienne. This place was presented here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg34273#msg34273
I know that aa1234779, Vasudev and usmangujjar will be delighted, they like the beautiful photos.

Here you can see the Palais Mimard. It is located at 5 place Anatole France.
This mansion house was built in 1893-1894 by the architect Léon Lamaizière in Neo-Gothic style, for André David, a ribbon manufacturer.
It was bought in 1905 by Étienne Mimard, the founder of Manufrance. he commissioned Léon Lamaizière to do a new interior.

Offline scarface

« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Here are a few more photos taken today in Saint Etienne.

Exactly one year ago, I remembered I was eating in the pizza cosy that you can see on the second photo of the previous message. At this time I was with my father but he died last December.
Their pizzas were particularly good and I decided to come back. I took the opportunity to take new photos.

Here you can see the rue du 11 Novembre. If the photo was bigger you would see the Pizza cosy shop on the left.
You can see the bar Les 3 roses and the Carrefour city. Note that the man on the bicycle is a "uber eats" deliverer. A few days ago the deliverers working for deliveroo were on strike in Paris because they are earning less and less money. (articles here: https://www.france24.com/en/20190808-deliveroo-cyclists-freelancers-strike-boycott-pay-dispute-delivery and here: https://www.thelocal.fr/20180705/paris-food-delivery-bike-riders-to-strike-over-pay
I'm wondering whether there are "uber eats" deliverers in Palestine or in Pakistan too.
But if you think about it, maybe we will all be uber something pretty soon. Uber eats, Uber plumber, uber butcher with a bicycle and a uber pay. But they do have merit. And they use an ecological delivery method.

Here you can see another photo with the palais Mimard (in the middle of the photo).

Offline scarface

« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2019, 06:32 AM »
At the current price, I think it can be interesting to buy societe generale...for a technical rebound.

I was right yesterday when I told you to avoid the car industry: bmw and Renault are among the biggest losers of the estx50.

Not that Eramet is plummeting, losing 4.2% at 36.80€. Since it broke its support at 37.50€, I will wait for the next one...at 33€.

Offline scarface

« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2019, 03:42 PM »
Tonight, new photos are available on the forum.

These pictures of frescoes were taken in Roche La Molière, a town adjoining Saint Etienne, on 15 August 2019.

This fresco comes from the 2019 edition of the SAFIR festival, and drawn by Forez Colors, an association of artists from the Forez region.
They realized this beautiful fresco with dominant Rose in the city center.
Since the building on which the fresco is drawn is to be destroyed, It is likely that this fresco (and perhaps others) is going to disappear quite quickly.

This fresco comes from the 2016 edition of SAFIR festival.
It is the work of Ador and Semor.

Impasse Louis Comté - Roche-la-Molière
This fresco comes from the 2017 edition of the SAFIR festival.
Dan23 was the headliner of this 2017 edition.
At first glance, this fresco disappoints: it is not very big and this huge skull skull is not too much in the habits of the artist - the colors, yes.
In fact, Dan23 wanted to raise a cry of alarm for the oceans. The skull is a melting iceberg, a polar bear is lost at its summit. In the sea, some rubbish, plastic bags, bobbin, and on the surface a platform of oil that oozes its blackish liquid. Oceans are in danger, and so is the planet.

These frescoes come from the 2015 edition of the SAFIR festival.
Two large walls of the parking located in the city center were invested by Kalouf and Jake.
Kalouf is of Gabonese origin and lives in Lyon. He took care of the left side of the wall here, with a fox.
As for Jake, he is an optimistic artist who likes to tell stories. His big white teddy bear may want to point out that even though life is beautiful, it can also be full of danger, especially when we live in the Arctic ...

This photo was taken in Saint Etienne, Rue Cugnot.

In 2011, Ella & Pitr had made here a giant with bare buttocks, sitting on a pile of rubble and with a bird perched on his shoulder. This fresco was controversial and the new municipality wanted to change it. Since Saint-Etienne was receiving some matches of the Euro of football, the theme of football was chosen.
Football is not really the cup of tea of ​​this couple of artists from Saint Etienne. "We were not going to lie and lie to those who know us by proposing something classic ..." After careful consideration, they chose a referee, because "it is the character who is the most important in the world of football because it represents parity, accuracy, loyalty, it is he who enforces the rules of the game... He is lying because he been refereeing too many matches and he is exhausted. To be fair is difficult, it is a real job. ".

Ella and Pitr also made the biggest fresco of Europe, in Paris.
Those who are in Mumbai, India, have probably seen this one.
Sassoon docks, Mumbai

Essalois Castle is located on the town of Chambles, in the Loire department, overlooking Lake Grangent and the Loire from its rocky outcrop. Listed site of the gorges of the Loire, it was built in the twelfth century on the remains of a Gallic oppidum.

The current castle was largely from the 16th century. Plundered at the end of the sixteenth century by the troops of Honoré d'Urfé, it was sold as a national asset following the French Revolution in the eighteenth century.

The building has been in permanent restoration since the 1980s, and can be visited freely today. Its tower offers a magnificent view of the surroundings of the town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIueqYkw7pQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuHD0ieRlkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmi60Bd4jSs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJB4pM9Jj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-apD1rZTUv0
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:56 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2019, 05:16 AM »
Today I'm going to talk about my toothache.
Yesterday , I had to go to the dental emergencies.

I had an absess and apparently it was due to a gum infection.
I was prescribed painkillers (tramadol) and some antibiotics (Amoxicilline). Yesterday I also vomitted and I suspect it was due to the Amoxicilline.
In the meantime, I look like a hamster.