• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 30, 2018, 08:12 PM
Note that the site http://www.hostingpics.net/ is currently closing. It's not possible to upload photos any more on this site, and some photos are being deleted. Over the last few years I used to upload photos using it, therefore some photos of this topic were deleted. I'll try to put them back.

What site do you recommend to replace hostingpics? I assume you'd know, you're the expert on this  :)

scarface

Quote from: humbert on October 03, 2018, 05:57 AM
What site do you recommend to replace hostingpics? I assume you'd know, you're the expert on this  :)

You can try this: https://imgbb.com/
This is the site I've used to host the latest photos of the forum. I've been using it for a few months actually, when I was still in Paris, since the news of the closure of hosingpics was already known. In May 2018, I was using it.
Before this date, the photos have disappeared. http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg29124#msg29124
But I knew it and kept a copy of the messages. I'll update them later.
https://imgbb.com/

You know, I wish I was with aa1234779, Maher, humbert usman, Vasudev and some users of the forum in Palestine or in Islamabad. I'm a bit depressed actually. In Paris I used to go out at night to walk or less frequently buy a soda (since I avoid the greasy and sugary American junk food. In my neighborhoods some Indian grocery stores were open till 1am, Indians are hard working people but it's hard to understand them). In Saint Etienne I don't go out. The town gives me the creeps. By day, you see a lot of lowlifes with caps. And since most shops close at 8pm, I guess the streets must be empty in the evening.
I remember a girl named Drenica who was an interesting coworker, and she told me she knew Saint Etienne but she wouldn't go back there for anything in the world. She warned me but my decision was already taken. Maybe I made a mistake. I have the impression there are essentially school boys, unemployed people, or old people here. The others have gone.
But there are a few advantages too. I'm living in a big flat. It's calm. There is a park underneath the building. Mr baboon is not living in the old spruces and fir-trees though. I didn't see him. It's probably too cold.

Note the windows 10 redstone 5 will be released soon, probably next week.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on October 04, 2018, 12:38 AM
You can try this: https://imgbb.com/

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a look.

You know, I wish I was with aa1234779, Maher, humbert usman, Vasudev and some users of the forum in Palestine or in Islamabad.

That would be nice. Don't forgot about inviting Vasudev.

Indians are hard working people but it's hard to understand them).

They are indeed hard-working, decent people. There are quite a few here in San Antonio. What is it about them that you don't understand? Those that are Hindus mostly keep their beliefs to themselves.

But there are a few advantages too. I'm living in a big flat. It's calm. There is a park underneath the building.

You're still living in Paris? Do you have a car? I don't see why you'd need one in Paris. If anything the car is more a disturbance than anything else. I wish here in America I had the luxury of NOT having to own a car. In the last week I paid almost $700 in repair bills and the car is still acting up. I don't have $20,000 to get a new one.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on October 05, 2018, 06:43 AM
You're still living in Paris? Do you have a car? I don't see why you'd need one in Paris. If anything the car is more a disturbance than anything else. I wish here in America I had the luxury of NOT having to own a car. In the last week I paid almost $700 in repair bills and the car is still acting up. I don't have $20,000 to get a new one.
No I don't. I'm in Saint Etienne, a godforsaken place 50 km west of Lyon. And you're right, I didn't need a car in Paris. Like you I paid 400â,¬ lately to repair my car 2 times. A few weeks ago I went to Lyon and my steering wheel became hard. I could hardly do a parallel park. And a few days later, the ignition coil died. And I need this car since I don't live downtown. There are buses but it takes more time. Actually I have 20k but I keep my car. I don't know if I'll still be there in 1 year or 2.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on October 07, 2018, 01:50 AM
No I don't. I'm in Saint Etienne, a godforsaken place 50 km west of Lyon.

What's so bad about Saint Etienne? Seem to me you're better off there than in Paris, which is crowded and notoriously expensive. Did you at least manage to get yourself a better place to live? As I recall you were living in a closet or something.

You have roughly 16,000â,¬ sitting in a savings account? Congratulations! You're doing something right. I was under the impression you were having trouble at work, not to mention living in Paris which is not cheap.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on October 09, 2018, 05:46 AM
What's so bad about Saint Etienne?
When you arrive here for the 1st (from Paris), it's a shock, because the people look poor, -it's not just an impression- and because you are always wondering if you really want to stay.
Until recently I didn't want to leave Paris. And it wasn't due to financial problems. I left because I was fed up. Because Paris is noisy. And because I wanted to see something else after 10 years spent in the 16th arrondissement, in the 11th arrondissement and in the 17th arrondissement. Actually I’m earning less money here and my rent is more expensive.
In fact, the rental yield in Saint Etienne is excellent. And very bad in Paris. Because the price of the real estate is high in Paris and low in Saint Etienne (by comparison, since the prices kept decreasing in Saint Etienne till recently). It means that it's not really interesting to buy sth in Paris to rent it (by comparison with Saint Etienne), where you can obtain a 3% yield, vs a 10% yield in Saint Etienne. But there is another pb with Saint Etienne. If you are renting your flat, it's good. But you are not sure to rent it, because there is a lot of goods for sale or lease. And to sell it, it can take months. And for the tenant, it's not a bargain (for me). Compared to Paris, you can rent sth 3 or 4 times bigger for the same price (and that you can probably buy at a third of the price). Therefore if you are sure to stay it's interesting to buy. That's not my case.
But my flat is way bigger, I could welcome you, and maybe aa1234779 too. If you want to work in France, you can tell me. More money in the household, I don’t say no. And for the papers, well, I could marry you or aa1234779, one at a time (since polygamy is not allowed, a man can’t have several husbands I guess). I’m not into gay stuff, but if it can be interesting for you and me. At least financially. And I’m pretty sure that you and aa1234779 have a great potential.
Well, I’m not living in a castle, and for more users, like Vasudev, panzer24 and shadow.97 it would be more difficult, I would have to put a mattress in my car (but there is no noise at night in the park, in which I have a parking space).
But I don't know if I found here what I'm looking for.
More seriously, if I’d like to go to Palestine one day with humbert and Maher, it’s to live in a place where there is no money, where we can practice barters with villagers. Of course I’m talking about the Palestinian outback, near the dead sea. Most people are farmers over there, and they don’t need money, just a few goats. And they are happy. Nowadays, in the capitalist societies, most people are not happy anymore. Many jobs have become useless, and unproductive, there have been studies about it, because 80% work in the services sector, some transport people or goods, others are sitting in front of a computer all day like me, others are studying law, but in fine there is no more real production. It actually boils down to the meaning of the work.

scarface

In Paris I was living roughly one hundred meters from the rue de la Jonquière. It was a bustling neighborhood, with Indian groceries and Chinese restaurants open till Midnight or 1am, even if it was even more busy near the place of Clichy.
I was a bit abashed when I read this piece of news:
On September 27, at 11:00 pm, rue de la Jonquière, in the Guy Moquet district (17th arrondissement), a 26-year-old, suicidal man, under medical treatment, jumped from the 6th floor of his building. The victim did not crash down but impaled on a pole.
Two videos - his fall and the one where he died in the hospital - have leaked on social networks.

The images are violent and dramatic. They should not have illegally leave the Prefecture of Police and the hospital to be sent on social networks.
Last Wednesday, the Paris prosecutor opened an investigation, entrusted to the IGPN. "This investigation has been opened for breach of professional secrecy," said a judicial source.

scarface

Note that once again, some photos that were deleted with the closure of hostingpics.net have been re-uploaded and can be viewed on the forum. Hopefully all the photos will be back by the end of the week.

Also, note that some excellent versions of windows 7 and win10, with the October updates, will be uploaded during the week end.

Note that a report of brave Elise Lucet was released a few days ago about the scandalous conditions of work in the Italian tanneries, where only Senegalese workers want to work.
The video is available here, in French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IRtRnV92AM
Note that the journalists sustained bodily injury in Italy.
Today LVMH and Kering shares, listed in the cac40, dropped by 10%. 
I know that the users of the forum are particularly smart. I told you that you should boycott all the American products, and particularly the junk food. But if you are smarter, you should boycott all the products of the Luxury brands such as LVMH and Kering too.
And if you are a Chinese tourist maybe you can save your money instead of buying some craps. At Porte de Clignancourt you can buy a backpack for 10â,¬  instead of a Vuitton handbag that will cost 800â,¬. And with the money saved you can eat at the mcdonalds of the Champs Elysées for one year (at least you will go back to China with a big belly). Of course, the Senegale would lose their jobs, and Bernard Arnault would beg for money at the porte of Clichy, but for the former I guess they can only find sth better.

scarface

Here are a few photos for the users of the forum, taken today in the Business district of the 3rd arrondissement of Lyon.
Lyon is smaller than Marseille, but unlike Marseille, which has no suburb, its suburb is significant and therefore it is bigger in term of agglomeration, with more than 1 million.
I spent most of my time in Lyon this week. And I will work most of the time in Lyon in November. Maybe some photos of museum will be available later.
I hope aa1234779 and Vasudev are satisfied.

In the commercial center of la part dieu, one of the biggest of Europe, (a little smaller than les Quatre temps in la défense)

A new game called Starlink. For 3 years old (according to the saleswoman). Looked like starfox for n64, but it was not as good.

At the train station

If aa1234779 is looking at the vagrant and the dog, wondering which one is working, I guess it is the dog.
I hope we won't end up like that one day but after all, instead of our useless jobs, who is right, who is wrong? The vagrant or the tuxedo-clad moron?
In 30 years, without oil, the prince of oil will be like that you know.

In the train station for those who want to charge their phone, it's necessary to pedal.

scarface

Here is a photo taken in Paris a few days ago.

Maher is probably wondering if it's Mr baboon taking photos in the 8th arrondissement. it's not the case.
And aa1234779 must have noticed the predatory grin, a characteristic of humbert when he entered the mcdonalds of the Champs Elysées, looking for raw meat. But that's not him either.
Actually the photo was taken in the menagerie of the Jardin des Plantes in Paris, in the 5th arrondissement. You know this place, since the photos of the T-rex were taken here (http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg29242#msg29242).
The orangutan family of the establishment has just grown with Java, who was born eight days ago. The last birth of an orang-utan was in 2005, said Wednesday, October 24 the National Museum of Natural History (MNHN).
The orangutans from Borneo are an endangered species.