• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Today, I took 2 new photos, here they are.

The first one was taken from my balcony, you can glimpse the town of Saint Etienne between the trees.

Here you can see Momo and Koko. My father used to take care of them but they seem a bit ill now. Since my apartment is orientated toward the North, they can hardly catch the sun rays.
You can make out a little can of 1664. Despite the Ramadan I'm drinking a beer you see. I tried to do it 2 days ago and it was difficult. Today, I decided to leave Allah alone and please Jesus again.

scarface

Tonight, I shot new photos in St Etienne. I know that aa1234779 and usman are looking at them carefully.

Near place Anatole France, in St Etienne. If you want to buy a flat, there is a phone number. It's probably one of the most beautiful places of St Etienne, with its park.
In front of the little supermarket, there are several tramps... Don't worry: they are not users of the forum, they don't speak English, let alone French.
To put it bluntly, if I was staying in St Etienne, I would buy a flat, probably in the residence with park, in the outskirts of St Etienne, where I'm currently living. The streets are calm, there are few cars in the center of the town (in comparison, the trafic noise makes it unbearable to live near the main boulevards in Paris).

The pizza Cosy of St Etienne. The last time I ate at the restaurant with my father, it was here, in August 2018. Well, at this time, it was my first day in St Etienne, and even though I was pleasantly surprised by the architecture of the town, it was already bustling with poor people in the streets. I know that some of you are living in countries where there is no poverty, and I'm thinking of India, Pakistan, Palestine or the US. These photos show a shocking scale of poverty, I hope shadow.97 and usman will not be depressed.

Place Anatole France, located on the main street, was named "Badouillère" until 1925.
From the 1840s, the district of Badouillère became the showcase of the elites of St Etienne. And soon after its creation, from 1860, the square was surrounded by opulent buildings, like the Mimard Palace. In 1867, the place is re-developed, with the installation of a basin, a fountain and a rose garden; and in 1882, there were 71 trees.

It also hosted a time, from 1915, a replica of the statue of Liberty Bartholdi (see photo below), which is now visible instead Jules Ferry (Center two).

Rue du 11 Novembre.

Rue Elise Gervais

Place Jean Moulin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17StqQhhtAc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvwZsHR4jE0

scarface

Today, some photos of the buildings of Le corbusier in Firminy are available on the forum.

Charles-Edouard Jeanneret, known as Le Corbusier, was born in 1887 in Switzerland. He studied classical architecture during several voyages. He discovered the solid bases of classical architecture, but was also curious to explore other cultures. Throughout his career, he continually mixed heritage and modernity.
His buildings are found in twelve countries and four continents.
After a career lasting sixty years, he died accidentally on 27 August 1965.

The cultural center of Firminy. The architecture looks interesting, but there is not a lot to see inside this "cultural center". They should relocate the main works of the Louvre here, such as the Mona Lisa.

There were very few visitors. That's an understatement: I was alone with the ticket vendor. I did not have to wait long to buy tickets. No Chinese, no tourist, no Parisian in sight. It was a tremendous relief.

Built between 1961 and 1965, the cultural centre is the only building completed in Firminy during the architect lifetime. Its concept was derived from the programme created by the Culture Minister André Malraux (1960s) and is based on making "structures conveying human genius" and accessible to all. 
The church is behind the tree.

A desk

Some  weird stuff in the "cultural center"

In 1960, Eugène Claudius Petit and the Parish Committee ordered a church from Le Corbusier. He worked on drawing up the plans until 1965, assisted by José Oubrerie and José Luis Miquel. After the architect's death, the association "Le Corbusier pour l'église de Firminy-Vert" was created to raise the funds needed to finish the building.

A rainwater recovery system is deployed all around the building, covering horizontal loopholes positioned to match the spiral floor layout inside the nave. The three "light cannons"  installed on the ridgepiece and on the western façade are a specific feature of Le Corbusier's architecture.

The Church of Saint Pierre
Le Corbusier designed the lower part to house parish activities (meetings, catechesis, etc.) and related parish facilities. It is today home to the Interpretation Centre dedicated to Le Corbusier's work.

A few photos taken in the Church of Saint Pierre

The upper section is entirely occupied by the nave, with two chapels: one for the weekdays with a secondary altar, and the other for Sunday worship with the high altar. The latter is connected to the ground by means of a white pillar, which is independent from the main framework of the building.
The nave

Monsieur baboon

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to post a few photos for the users of the forum.
These photos were taken last week in Saint Etienne, place Bellevue.

During a sunny day.

On the right you can see the restaurant La raclette.

Some booths at the Sunday marketplace.

This is where I can buy some wonderful melons.

We can also see many beggars here.
With me, aa1234779, Maher and Vasudev, no doubt this place would look like the court of miracles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AykvzpSjMPA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwU0H_w1ns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IQL8hcGe2Q

scarface

Here are some photos, taken in Saint Etienne, for the users of the forum.

The square jovin bouchard in Saint Etienne

Rue Emile Littré. you can see some Egyptian relics.

Rue Gambetta

Still in the Rue Gambetta. And it's exceptional because you can see king Saint Louis. I'm sure that some users recognized him immediately.

Rue du General Leclerc

Place Jules Ferry

The Commercial centre Center Deux, a regional shopping center located in the district of Bellevue-Bizillon, in Saint-Étienne.

On The Boulevard Daguerre.
Here you can see  one of the building wihout stairs. Their architecture is unique in France.The buildings without stairs are two identical housing buildings, built by the architect Auguste Bossu at numbers 54 and 56 of Boulevard Daguerre, in Saint-Etienne, one in 1933 and the other in 1939.

On the place du peuple. It's very crowded because the photo was taken on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

scarface

Tonight, I'm holding another conference to share a few photos. I'm pretty sure that Vasudev, usmangujjar and the users of the forum will appreciate these photos.

These ones were taken yesterday near place Bellevue. On Sunday, there is a famous market here.
This photo is pretty exceptional, since you can see the slopes of the "Mont Pilat". aa1234779 and Maher probably know that the "col de la république" crosses Mount Pilat and links Saint Etienne to the Rhone valley.

Here you can see the best dairy of Saint Etienne.

This is the main artery of Saint Etienne. This long, straight avenue is named rue des Docteurs Charcot, then rue du 11 Novembre, rue Gambetta and finally rue du General Foy. It crosses the place Anatole France, the place du peuple and the place of Hotel de ville.

Place Saint Roch, a popular area. On the right you can see my car (the grey sedan). Actually, I wish I could live without a car, that makes me a polluter. if I was rich and if I didn't need to work I would get rid of it.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to hold an exceptional conference about the museum of Modern art of Saint Etienne.

Some of you are probably art lovers. No doubt you will appreciate this conference.
First and foremost, here is a little video with an interview of a well-known painter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yKay8HDjPU

Here are a few photos of the museum.

3 exhibitions were available: Pierre Buraglio, coup de pub and 24h dans la vie d'une femme.

The exhibition Bas Voltage / 1960-2019, the first retrospective devoted to Pierre Buraglio, brings together roughly two hundred works of art. It reveals the artistic and social context on which the artist based his work, while returning to sixty years of career.
This selection of paintings, collages, reliefs and drawings dating from 1965 to 2019 provided an excellent overview of the work of the 80-year-old French artist Pierre Buraglio. Buraglio has shown with Daniel Buren and Olivier Mosset as well as the Supports/Surfaces group. But as this exhibition made clear, Buraglio's individualistic approach to abstraction and his restless material exploration resist to art historical categorization.

Agrafages - 1966.

Buraglio seems to relish quickly executed juxtapositions of jagged colorful shapes and varied textures. Some works from the ’60s have an off-the-cuff charm and simple beauty, though they are no more than simple arrangements of broad strokes in bright-hued gouache on paper and cardboard. In his collages, the artist sets up compositional rules yet achieves happenstance effects.

Gauloises bleues patchwork - 1978

Socially committed, Buraglio participated in the Red Hall for Vietnam at the Museum of Modern Art, and the popular workshop of Fine Arts in Paris, during the events of May 1968. The following year, he interrupted his activities of painter to turn exclusively towards the political militancy. The visual artist quickly returned to the creation, during the 1970s, with obsolete objects and rubbish, such as window frames or packs of Gauloises.

In/Out - 2006

45 (2011)

From 1986, Pierre Buraglio returns to drawings, faces and landscapes.
With 45, a work dedicated to his father, mobilized during the war, the artist also highlights the absence, the shadow of a man and a fuzzy memory, almost struck out.

Mon bunker II (2008)

The exhibition 24 hours in the life of a woman.
Over 300 works to tell an intimate, yet universal story! Somewhere between poetry and reality fiction, discover the life of a woman with a thousand faces: those of a factory worker, a secretary, a bourgeoise.
A highly original exhibition Vingt-quatre heures de la vie d'une femme (Twenty-four hours in a woman's life) tells the story of an imaginary, multi-faceted life. Paintings, sculptures, drawings, photographs and design objects illustrate this fictionalised daily life, from awakening to sleeping.
In a deliberately narrative form, the works in the exhibition depict recurrent actions where the unexpected can happen, with moments such as "Bathing", "Work", "Reading" or "The Stroll". Others such as "Rest", "The Encounter", nightlife and "Celebrations" inspire eccentricities, dreams and other strange thoughts.
The works are presented in an original way, close to everyday life in an attempt to reconnect art to the present. The aim is to tell another history of art: a history focused on emotion and real life.

André Fougeron - Woman peeling vegetables. 1948-1949.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUXPg--yeFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPnk1H1m7Cs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYLvuJBS3kk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu3xpNw8U-g

scarface

Here are new photos for the users of the forum...

Place de l'hôtel de ville.

Place Jean Jaurès.

And another good clip of Maika.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glHVnHRekcI

scarface

Tonight, there is a terrible storm in Saint Etienne.
And tomorrow, it's probably going to hail. I'm wondering if climate change and its dramatic effects are not increasingly visible and increasingly violent.

But if it's hot, I advise you to do like me: drink a good pastis in a bar.
I guess that Pastis has no secret for humbert, aa1234779, Vasudev and Usmangujjar.
Pastis is an anise-flavoured spirit and apéritif from France, typically containing less than 100 g/l sugar and 45% alcohol by volume. Pastis is normally diluted with water before drinking, generally five volumes of water for one volume of pastis, but often neat pastis is served together with a jug of water for the drinker to blend together according to preference.

Here you can see the bar "les artistes", rue Praire, near place Jean Jaurès. And a "pastis tomate", a cocktail using pastis and grenadine syrup.

scarface

Tonight, I’m holding a conference on the forum about Saint Etienne.
Here are a few photos for the users of the forum.

These are big buildings. It looks like the skyline of New York.
This street is called Allée du Général Rullière.

A statue, place du bicentenaire.

A few photos taken near  the market of Bellevue.

An Elvis look-alike

Some cheap pictures. The image is varying in accordance with the movement of the observer.

A bird's eye view of Saint Etienne.

In 1970, they were 230 000 in Saint Etienne. They are now 170 000. Saint Etienne is the only "big" town of France that suffered such a population loss. But when you are wandering in the streets, you can still see that there was a glorious past here.

Now millions of people are crammed into a few dynamic cities while most of the country is empty.
In France ,10% of the population are on 50% of the territory, while 40% of the population are concentrated on 1% of the territory. French space is clearly polarized in urban areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY9xjJXitE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27hHLN5NZIY

You must know the best game repacks are already available on the forum.
You want them better and smaller?
I need:
- A bik 2 encoder (the sdk is not freely available, only the bik 1 encoder is available)
- an ogg encoder in a program that can trigger a batch to encode files to a % of the original files (and not a batch that encodes with a given bitrate).
I'm waiting for your suggestion. (You can send a pm to "[email protected]")