shhnedo

Official Website: ToolsLib
Official Download: Here
Official Changelog: Here
Author: Xplode
License: Free

Description: AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for:
- Adware (ads softwares)
- PUP/LPI (Potentially Undesirable Program)
- Toolbars
- Hijacker (Hijack of the browser's homepage)

It works with a Search and Delete mode. It can be easily uninstalled using the mode "Uninstall".

Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 in 32 & 64 bits. (Latest XP compatible version: 6.047)

Screenshot:

How to use:

• Download the tool, no installation required.
  • Launch the tool(Run as Administrator recommended).
  • Click Scan and wait for it to finish.
  • Click Cleaning and follow the prompts.
  • Restart the computer when asked to.

CPP_GEEK

a.a View my forum: cgeeks.smfnew2.com

shhnedo

Except CCleaner doesn't focus on adware. :)

NobodysPerfect

Is there a version for Android? My kids downloaded minecraft mods installer that also installed a malitious add ware installer combo

shhnedo

humbert

@shhnedo - In your tests with AdwCleaner, would you say it's as good or better than similar programs such as Spybot and Malwarebytes Antimalware? For example, did you notice it picked up some malware the other programs missed?

As for Ccleaner not focusing on adware - well... just right now I installed the latest version and it tried to install Google Chrome and some other nasty toolbars behind my back. Companies and developers who do this sort of thing should be put to the rack, burned at the stake, and beheaded - all three!

shhnedo

Sorry for being absent for so long. Real life can be quite the handful at times.
About AdwCleaner, it's not something that fights malicious code, it's mostly intended for cleaning unneeded/unwanted ad software(as the name suggests). It does a great job if I may say so. It searches very thoroughly and cleans up very well. I can't compare it to anti-malware software since that puts it out of its category.
Before AdwCleaner I used Junware Removal Tool, also a good piece of anti-adware software, but there was one time when I made the mistake of letting a girl use my laptop and I ended up with quite a few ad programs running on it, and when I ran JRT it didn't remove all of them, there were still leftovers and one StartUp folder just sitting there. It was then I decided to give AdwCleaner a go and it worked wonders. It managed to impress me on multiple occasions so I ditched JRT and now I just keep an updated version of AC on a flash stick in case I need to unf*ck someones browser/registry/startup folder.

Vasudev

Quote from: shhnedo on October 30, 2015, 09:52 PM
Sorry for being absent for so long. Real life can be quite the handful at times.
About AdwCleaner, it's not something that fights malicious code, it's mostly intended for cleaning unneeded/unwanted ad software(as the name suggests). It does a great job if I may say so. It searches very thoroughly and cleans up very well. I can't compare it to anti-malware software since that puts it out of its category.
Before AdwCleaner I used Junware Removal Tool, also a good piece of anti-adware software, but there was one time when I made the mistake of letting a girl use my laptop and I ended up with quite a few ad programs running on it, and when I ran JRT it didn't remove all of them, there were still leftovers and one StartUp folder just sitting there. It was then I decided to give AdwCleaner a go and it worked wonders. It managed to impress me on multiple occasions so I ditched JRT and now I just keep an updated version of AC on a flash stick in case I need to unf*ck someones browser/registry/startup folder.
You could give Roguekiller a try though, because it includes features of AC & JRT, but know that JRT is tool specifically targeted to remove Adwares whilst AC works a step further.

humbert

When it comes to cleaners I've yet to see anything better than Ccleaner with winapp2.ini installed. Do any of you guys believe there's something better? I'm always on the lookout for better stuff.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 02, 2015, 01:24 AM
When it comes to cleaners I've yet to see anything better than Ccleaner with winapp2.ini installed. Do any of you guys believe there's something better? I'm always on the lookout for better stuff.
You missed one, BB with winapp2.ini is a head-head competitor to CCleaner.