• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Have you guys upgraded your copy of Windows 10 to Creators? It seems OK. As always with Micro$haft, they reinstall all their bloat and telemetry, so I have to go in and remove it.

Have you guys checked out Ubuntu on the Windows store? This is different from the bash shell, it's apparently the distro itself. Interesting thing: all over the net it says how to get and install it, there is NO mention of exactly what you can do with it. I've searched and I haven't even found a simple example. Any ideas?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 21, 2017, 03:55 AM
Have you guys upgraded your copy of Windows 10 to Creators? It seems OK. As always with Micro$haft, they reinstall all their bloat and telemetry, so I have to go in and remove it.
I'm not upgrading to Fall Creators Update but sticking with Creators update for a long time before upgrading. O&O SP 10, Winaero tweaker are your friends for removing bloatware. Alternatively, you can check NBR forums for W10 Bloatware Free ISO that removes most garbage from Win 10 including Windows Defender.

PANZER24

About windows 10, my sister bought a new laptop and itis running windows 10x64!!!!I noticed some flickering font like it is the cause of resolutions, I checked it, the resolution was the highest one!!!I enabled all the visual options in advanced system options but nothing works!!!it looks like a damaged textures or a damaged internet browser

scarface

Quote from: PANZER24 on November 12, 2017, 07:10 PM
About windows 10, my sister bought a new laptop and itis running windows 10x64!!!!I noticed some flickering font like it is the cause of resolutions, I checked it, the resolution was the highest one!!!I enabled all the visual options in advanced system options but nothing works!!!it looks like a damaged textures or a damaged internet browser

Well, try 1080x1024 1920x1080.
As for me, the computer I bought was sold with freedos... a free os. Of course I uninstalled it and put something better on it. I bought it last year. It was a high-end configuration.  With a 10% promotion and without microfock, I saved 250 euros.
Actually, this year is a bit dramatic for me, financially speaking. I won't buy a computer for the moment. And this one is really good anyway. The i9 is really expensive. Well lately I bought a hdd (wanted to buy a ssd and I finally bought a 1To hd, less than a quarter of a ssd price, I guess it's enough for storage).
And I learnt 2 days ago that I have to spend 700â,¬ for my cars (the tailpipe is dead, the engine is making the noise of a porsche, but with 120 horsepower I can get fined). Plus the brakes and a shock absorber which are dead too...

humbert

Panzer -> I have never seen a computer with flickering fonts. In fact, even when booting from Strelec which uses 1024x768 as default, there is no flickering of any kind. I'm under the impression the graphics card driver might be bad or the card's software might be misconfigured. I'm thinking it might not be set at 60Hz or, even worse, might be set to interlaced. Check this first, if that doesn't work then can you swap the computer out?

Scarface -> Honestly, do you really need a car is Paris? When I visited the City of Lights, almost always rode the Métro and it's excellent. You can go from one place to another without the slightest problem. In fact, the streets are narrow, the traffic is congested, and finding a place to park is next to impossible. All this plus the high cost of fuel and maintenance. Seems to me cars are more a disturbance than a necessity.

PANZER24

About scarface's car, it makes my remeber of my dad's one: Turbo is dead, wheels are old, injectors are  dead, everything is dead, he had to pay 3.000TD(1300 euro) to fix it and he did!!!!and the problem is when I insist to tell him to add another RAM to the pentuim computer he shouts at me stating that he doesnt have money. one 1gb ram costs 45TD(18euro) I wanted him to take a one :'( :'( :'(
3.000TD-45TD=2.955TD!!!(this made me crazy!!) in short words if they tell him to sell himself for the car he do but when they tell him to buy a 1gb ram he says that it is expensive!!!!

humbert

I know all about people like your father. It boils down to the fact that we all have our likes and dislikes, plus the fact that everyone enjoys their money differently. Let me give you a more extreme example. I had an uncle who did nothing more than put his money in the bank, save it all and not spend a penny. I couldn't understand this until someone explained to me that's how he enjoys his money. Spending money on [for example] an expensive car would make him go crazy, he could never enjoy the car.