• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Tutorial for installing Windows through WinNTsetup (if usb boot fails)

Started by Vasudev, May 08, 2015, 08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

@usman-> You used this method 3 years ago??? I found this method by accident because I was frustrated since usb boot was failing continuously as rufus could not copy some install.wim successfully. I'm glad some people around the world knew this method. For a second there, I thought I was an alien when discovering this method to install windows. Thanks

Shadow.97

I had work practice about half a year ago, they had to re-install windows on a computer that had no CD drive, and failed to boot from USB. This method could be great I assume for those kind of purposes.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 13, 2015, 12:52 AM
I had work practice about half a year ago, they had to re-install windows on a computer that had no CD drive, and failed to boot from USB. This method could be great I assume for those kind of purposes.

Hos is it the computer wouldn't boot from USB? You didn't get a boot menu when you pressed F8 or some other key? You couldn't go into the BIOS and reconfigure boot order?

If you can't boot from USB then how did you manage to install Windows on this PC?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on October 06, 2016, 03:02 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 13, 2015, 12:52 AM

Hos is it the computer wouldn't boot from USB? You didn't get a boot menu when you pressed F8 or some other key? You couldn't go into the BIOS and reconfigure boot order?

If you can't boot from USB then how did you manage to install Windows on this PC?
We managed to create a network and host an installationfile over the internet. If I remember correctly. It was quite a while ago now. Like 2014.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 06, 2016, 04:22 PM
We managed to create a network and host an installationfile over the internet. If I remember correctly. It was quite a while ago now. Like 2014.

So basically what you did was boot from LAN.