• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Bulk Crap Uninstaller(BCU)

Started by Vasudev, October 01, 2015, 10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Hi everyone, this is a new uninstaller tool similar to Revo but its free. Here's the description from main site:
Bulk Crap Uninstaller is a free (as in speech) program uninstaller. It excels at removing large amounts of applications with minimal user input. It can clean up leftovers, detect orphaned applications, run uninstallers according to premade lists, and much more!

Even though BCU was made with IT pros in mind, by default it is so straight-forward that anyone can use it effortlessly!

Main site:http://klocmansoftware.weebly.com/download.html

humbert

Knowing you, I know you tested it thoroughly or you wouldn't recommend it. This thing really gets rid of everything including registry entries and files in the C:\Users directory? Would you say it's better than IObit Uninstaller or Your! Uninstaller, assuming you've tested them too?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 06, 2015, 04:37 AM
Knowing you, I know you tested it thoroughly or you wouldn't recommend it. This thing really gets rid of everything including registry entries and files in the C:\Users directory? Would you say it's better than IObit Uninstaller or Your! Uninstaller, assuming you've tested them too?
I've tested it as you said, it was able to remove VS 2013 w/o breaking other apps. Since, the author employs rating for registry items which are safe to delete and items/registry items are important are hidden completely. It has lot of features such as, simulating uninstallation of any program, silent uninstall of msi packages, startup programs viewer and much more!
Its definitely better than IObit.

humbert

For some reason it didn't work for me. When I closed the wizard it crashed. After a few attempts it misidentified and uninstalled the wrong program. Strange, eh? :(

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 09, 2015, 03:54 AM
For some reason it didn't work for me. When I closed the wizard it crashed. After a few attempts it misidentified and uninstalled the wrong program. Strange, eh? :(
Ah!! I think BCU is not aware of W10 fully.  Hey, I installed win8.1 pro onto my sister's lappie and guess what??, there's error 1719: Windows Installer cannot be accessed, I've tried numerous methods to fix it and all went in vain. I thought it was problem with Win 8.1 ISO but my friend's lappie also encountered the same issue, Now I cant install any .MSI files.

humbert

Nothing bothers me more than these developers who are stuck in the past and are still writing programs optimized for [for example] XP.

While we're on the topic of old software, Hirens boot CD is another classic example. This thing very badly needs upgrading. On my i7-4790k based computer with Windows 10 it's virtually useless. I strongly recommend the latest version of PMagic boot disk (29/9/2015). It has everything you'd ever want in a boot rescue disk. Unlike Hirens, it's Linux based. To to torrentz.eu and search, you'll find it.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 11, 2015, 03:13 AM
Nothing bothers me more than these developers who are stuck in the past and are still writing programs optimized for [for example] XP.

While we're on the topic of old software, Hirens boot CD is another classic example. This thing very badly needs upgrading. On my i7-4790k based computer with Windows 10 it's virtually useless. I strongly recommend the latest version of PMagic boot disk (29/9/2015). It has everything you'd ever want in a boot rescue disk. Unlike Hirens, it's Linux based. To to torrentz.eu and search, you'll find it.
Humbert, the issue was regarding windows installer files and not HBCD, since I've overcome the inability of booting Wim images greater than 4Gigs was solved thanks to NTLite and image splitting tools. BTW, did you tick "Disable protection" on BC uninstaller?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 11, 2015, 06:18 PM
Humbert, the issue was regarding windows installer files and not HBCD, since I've overcome the inability of booting Wim images greater than 4Gigs was solved thanks to NTLite and image splitting tools. BTW, did you tick "Disable protection" on BC uninstaller?

I didn't get as far as adjusting settings in Bull Crap, it kept crashing on me.

HBCD is great if you've got an old system and are still on Windows 7 or earlier. It badly needs to be updated. XP needs to be replaced with at least Windows 7. Similarly, almost all Windows programs and especially drivers badly need updating also. I don't know about the other stuff on HBCD because I've never used them, nor do I know anyone who does.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 13, 2015, 04:23 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 11, 2015, 06:18 PM

I didn't get as far as adjusting settings in Bull Crap, it kept crashing on me.

HBCD is great if you've got an old system and are still on Windows 7 or earlier. It badly needs to be updated. XP needs to be replaced with at least Windows 7. Similarly, almost all Windows programs and especially drivers badly need updating also. I don't know about the other stuff on HBCD because I've never used them, nor do I know anyone who does.
Did it crash with something like this "Instruction referenced at 0x00----" which is likely a problem with windows installer components.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 13, 2015, 05:31 PM
Did it crash with something like this "Instruction referenced at 0x00----" which is likely a problem with windows installer components.

I don't remember. But even when it did work in misidentified a program I wanted to get rid of. Best not to even bother with it until they fix it.

When it comes to uninstallers, my 1st choice is Your! Uninstaller and my 2nd is Iobit. I gave up on those that log installations such a Total Uninstaller.

Note: Whenever you download anything from Iobit, be careful - it's infested with PUP's.