Maher's Digital World

What games are you playing?

Re: What games are you playing?
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2020, 06:00 AM »
I was also thinking some, have you people tried different micro management games?
Games like, Factorio, Software INC, Startup company, Cities Skylines, Gnomoria, Dwarf Fortress, Mini Metro, Sims or the likes?

They're probably currently some of the games that I've spent the most time with just for the fact that you always feel that you can do things better or faster, even if you reach end game.

Offline scarface

« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2020, 08:49 AM »
I was also thinking some, have you people tried different micro management games?
Games like, Factorio, Software INC, Startup company, Cities Skylines, Gnomoria, Dwarf Fortress, Mini Metro, Sims or the likes?

They're probably currently some of the games that I've spent the most time with just for the fact that you always feel that you can do things better or faster, even if you reach end game.
Well, I never tested those games.
However, I used to play Sim city 2000...a few decades ago.

aa1234779, humbert, vasudev and shadow.97 are probably wondering what is going to be the next repack.
I'm still waiting for the next game of frictional games. I'm also trying new mods (for Soma and Amnesia TDD) in order to update the existing repack.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:55 AM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2020, 03:20 PM »
This small mod for Amnesia TDD, available in custom stories, could be added in the next repack. If you have interesting suggestions, tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgncHIIC1i4
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:23 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2020, 12:37 PM »
Note that 2 mods for Amnesia TDD “a darn house” and  “Gary - Snowy Secrets (A Christmas Special)” were added to the current repack. Only new setup.exe and setup6.bin are needed for those who already have the repack.
They Can be started in the menu of Amnesia TDD in Custom story.

Gary - Snowy Secrets (A Christmas Special)

A darn house

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:43 AM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2020, 06:36 AM »
Note that a third mod was added for Amnesia TDD, titled key to freedom, in a new setup6.bin file.
The repack is still available here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg34947#msg34947

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:38 AM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2020, 10:51 AM »
Note that I'm probably going to include a few more mods for Amnesia TDD, besides the already included 3 mods above, in the repack available here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg34947#msg34947

I already reduced them in size, and I'm going to test these 3 repacks to see if they are interesting. I'll tell you later if they are added or not.
I was thinking about Amadeus, Emma's Story and Emma's nightmare.

A screenshot of Amadeus which is known for the quality of its maps.

Amadeus tells the story of Cornelius Campbell, a magician trading under the name The Amazing Alduin. Cornelius’ career has come grinding to an halt, and where once he was able to fill the biggest theatres, he now struggles to attract even a meagre audience. This is what tips him over the edge, sending him spiralling down a path of madness as he does whatever it takes to become popular again—even if that involves something unsavoury. Which, this being a mod for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, is a distinct possibility.

Emma is the story of the daughter of esteemed scientist Dr. Robert Coleman. Ever since his discovery of the mythical Orb of Power, he has vanished, leaving you alone in the family estate. With strange things happening, you wonder what has happened to him. The story begins as you wake up in your room to find an ominous note.

Offline scarface

« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Finally, 4 more mods were added to Amnesia TDD:
Abduction, Emma's Story, Emma's nightmare and the machine. Only setup.6.bin was updated.
The repack is still available here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg34947#msg34947

Abduction

Emma's story

The machine
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:38 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2020, 04:59 PM »
Note that I tested several mods for Amnesia TDD. Among the ones already available in the repack, I found that Emma's nightmare is the best. Then we have abduction and key to freedom which are good mods too. Gary snowy secret and this darn house are 2 short mods. And I didn't test the machine yet. Note that I will remove Emma's story since it's buggy.

Offline scarface

« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Note that a new mod for Amnesia TDD could be available in a next repack, titled the clockman. I'm currently testing it to see if it's a useful add-on.

Story:
You, Abraham, and your father Edward were never close. You just recently started living in his estate located in northern europe, against your wishes. You never wanted to re-connect with your father after he left you when you were very young. You moved to his mansion after your house mysteriously caught on fire, leaving none of your belongings intact. Edward was your only option. With each day that you spend in your father's mansion, you realize how secluded he really is. He works in the privacy of his study, only coming out for food. One morning, you wake up with a letter on your desk. It is from the Clockman.

screenshots:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:31 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #329 on: Yesterday at 10:31 AM »
Today 3 new mods for Amnesia TDD were added in the repack available here in a new setup6.bin: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg34947#msg34947
All of them can be played in the custom story menu.
Note that Emma's story was removed. The clockman won't be available since it's buggy.
I didn't not test those repacks so I don't know if they work.

The Attic
Story: Derrek lives with his mother, his father is said to still be serving the country making some sort of medicine that can heal a human being via drinking some sort of substance. Derrek has never been allowed past the second floor, where his bedroom is, his father's workshop takes up everything from the third floor and the Attic. The story begins with Derrek reminiscing about his past, when him and his father used to sit on the deck outside of his bedroom as a young child. Derrek realizes, now that he is almost ready to make a family, and move into his own mansion, he should find out what is going on, and why his dad has been missing for 16 years, and why his mother has never said anything.

The four horsemen
The story: You play as Alastair, a 19th century researcher who has devoted his life to the study of the Four Horsemen.

Study of Insanity
Deep in the European countryside is an old, seemingly unexceptional 18th century house, sitting undisturbed for over a hundred years. A small team of researchers from a University attempted to explore the house and uncover its secrets. Search the estate to discover clues pertaining to their fate and the true nature of the house. Decide for yourself what really happened and if you can escape the madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry1CIjUbv3Y
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:37 AM by scarface »