• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Today, I'm eating a "petite tourte chèvre courgette". I wanted to reassure humbert since he was afraid I might be eating too much.
http://imgur.com/a/SnAMRKe

humbert

Quote from: scarface on April 16, 2019, 02:41 PM
Today, I'm eating a "petite tourte chèvre courgette". I wanted to reassure humbert since he was afraid I might be eating too
much.

The food you showed in the picture appeared to be quite a lot. Maybe you weren't planning to eat part of it and put the rest in the refrigerator to eat it later. Maybe you had a sexy babe visiting you and you were planning to eat her first, and then share the meal. ;)

Oh, and before I forget, remember that there are calories in and calories out. You might eat a lot (in), but a the same time you might do quite a bit of walking or other physical activity (out). If everything is more or less balanced, you're in business.

scarface

Today, I bought an excellent cheese, called "Saint Felicien". aa1234779 and shadows may have never seen such a cheese.

Saint-Félicien is a cow's milk cheese produced in the Rhône-Alpes region of France. In France, it is designated a dauphinois cheese, referring to the former French province Dauphiné where it originated. It is a close cousin of another dauphinois cheese, Saint-Marcellin, and bears a similar texture and taste, though it can be almost twice as large in diameter.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on April 27, 2019, 02:13 PM
Today, I bought an excellent cheese, called "Saint Felicien". aa1234779 and shadows may have never seen such a cheese.

Saint-Félicien is a cow's milk cheese produced in the Rhône-Alpes region of France. In France, it is designated a dauphinois cheese, referring to the former French province Dauphiné where it originated. It is a close cousin of another dauphinois cheese, Saint-Marcellin, and bears a similar texture and taste, though it can be almost twice as large in diameter.

Sounds interesting, what's the KG price(â,¬) for such?

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 28, 2019, 09:27 AM
Sounds interesting, what's the KG price(â,¬) for such?
Well, I paid 5â,¬ for this one. It amounts to 28â,¬ per kilo. It's quite expensive but it's a good cheese. A piece of Emmental would be cheaper.

Actually in France there are many cheeses from cows, goats and sheep. Note that I've never seen pig cheese.

scarface

Maybe some of you know what type of food it is.

It's not a mcdonald. It's a fruit in the Cucurbitaceae family called melon. It's good for the health and I encourage you to buy melons if you can.

scarface

shadow.97 must be wondering where I bought this wonderful melon. Actually, there is a great farmer's market on Sundays in St Etienne, at place Bellevue. It was pretty cheap: only 1 â,¬ vs 2.5 or 3 â,¬ in a supermarket.

scarface

Today, I bought an outstanding cheese at the local market of Saint Etienne.
Here is a photo:

You must be wondering what kind of cheese it is. Is it a wheel of Picodon? Is it a lump of Emmental? Is it a slice of Saint Nectaire? Is it a slice of Cantal? Is it a hunk of mouldy Roquefort cheese?
For Maher or shadow.97, I guess this is a difficult question. I'm going to give you a clue: This cheese was produced in the Auvergne region of central France. Maybe you can find its name on this map:

scarface

In the previous message, the answer was: a slice of Cantal. I'm sure that humbert and panzer24 already knew it.

Yesterday, I went to a restaurant with some friends. The restaurant is called La raclette and located in Saint Etienne.
The South of Saint Etienne is pretty poor, and that's probably why you can find some excellent - and cheap- restaurants. La Raclette is one of them. For 15â,¬ I had a Savoyarde salad, and a Savoyard rapée (made of dried grison beef meat on a bed of potatoes, with cheese fondue). aa1234779 is now realizing that it's not needed to be in Paris - with people whose ankles are getting thick - to get a very good meal.

The restauant La Raclette.

There are poor people in the streets in here. The man in the crosswalk asked me some money a few minutes ago.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on May 19, 2019, 07:48 PM
In the previous message, the answer was: a slice of Cantal. I'm sure that humbert and panzer24 already knew it.

Yesterday, I went to a restaurant with some friends. The restaurant is called La raclette and located in Saint Etienne.
The South of Saint Etienne is pretty poor, and that's probably why you can find some excellent - and cheap- restaurants. La Raclette is one of them. For  I had a Savoyarde salad, and a Savoyard rapée (made of dried grison beef meat on a bed of potatoes, with cheese fondue). aa1234779 is now realizing that it's not needed to be in Paris - with people whose ankles are getting thick - to get a very good meal.

The restauant La Raclette.

There are poor people in the streets in here. The man in the crosswalk asked me some money a few minutes ago.

The scenery is good with less pollution and lush greenery. The food on the table is very good too. 15 Euros with that sumptuous feast  with friends is a rare sight.