• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on March 08, 2020, 05:39 PM
The only time I've ever heard of semolina is semolina porridge. Not sure about anything else regarding it.

Semolina is the coarse, purified wheat middlings of durum wheat mainly used in making upma, pasta, and couscous.
The word semolina can also refer to sweet dessert made from semolina and milk indeed.

What is couscous?
Semolina is a coarse pale-yellow flour milled from hard durum wheat. Couscous is made by mixing semolina with a small amount of water to form small granules. Note that the couscous is a maghrebi dish. For the meat, a real couscous uses beef meat (and not pork meat).
Maybe some users of the forum who know how to make a couscous, and I was thinking of aa1234779, panzer24... can talk about this recipe too.

Semolina

couscous with beef and vegetables mixture

scarface

Tonight, another recipe is available on the forum.

I assume some users, like humbert or shadow.97, already know this recipe.
I'm waiting for your feedback.
Note that this Beaujolais wine called "Moulin à vent" is a real disappointment.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 13, 2020, 10:22 PM
I assume some users, like humbert or shadow.97, already know this recipe.
I'm waiting for your feedback.

I believe that spending hours cooking a meal is not practical. Today you can find all kinds of frozen stuff you can prepare very quickly in the microwave. You can also make a sandwich with pre-cooked meat and cheese, or eat cans of tuna with crackers or anything else. I'm omnivorous. The only things I won't eat are coconuts, pecans, almonds and raisins. I'll also drink any beer or wine as long as it's not bitter.

scarface

Tonight, I am going to present a new recipe.
What you see is a fondue of cheese with coppa, a traditional Italian pork cold cut and some potatoes. I poured the melted cheese directly, as you can see.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on April 24, 2020, 01:13 AM
Tonight, I am going to present a new recipe.
First and foremost, Im going to let humbert and aa1234779 analyze the photo below.

I have no idea what that dish is. I do know it's quite a bit, I couldn't eat it all in one sitting.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present a new dish.

After the answer of shadow.97, you are going to discover the dish and the wine on the photo.
In the plate, this is a slice of pizza cooked in wood-fired oven.

You can also spot a little slice of cheese, called Roucoulon. Roucoulon is a brie-type cheese produced in the Franche-Comté region of France.Made from pasteurized and unpasteurized cow's milk, Roucoulon cheese is a soft ripened, soft-textured cheese that provides a mild earthy flavor with a mushroom overtone.

With this, you have probably noticed the bottle of Saint-Joseph. This is a French wine which comes from the northern Rhône wine region of France. Though the appellation covers the largest amount of land, it is second in actual size under vine to Crozes-Hermitage, an appellation with which it shares much regarding style and prestige.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on May 21, 2020, 09:49 PM
Tonight, I'm going to present a new dish.
First and foremost, I'm going to let the users of the forum analyze the photo below.

Calzone pizza with italian thin baked bottom instead of folded?

scarface

Well, it is not a calzone pizza, it is a mere pizza. But I really like this kind of answer. There is no doubt shadow.97 is one of the most insightful users of the forum. Maybe you could become one of the top moderators you know. And yet I'm a bit jealous because you always have the best hardware.

I have eaten a calzone pizza just once. It was at the restaurant "jet d'eau" in Saint Etienne, with some friends, on 23 November 2018. I didn't know it yet, because my stepmother called me only a few days later, but that day my father went into the hospital in Valence. And less than a month later he died. I must say that I didn't really like that calzone pizza at the jet d'eau. But then, I, Sebastien and Pierre-Adrien, we played a game of bowling, rue Jules Janin, in Saint Etienne, and I won easily.

Note: If you can, test the new repack of Deliver us the moon and tell me if it works for you. I made this repack but I don't play games for the moment.

Note that a new version of windows 10 could be available on the forum soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSW_lKGf9us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6APSewgCBs

scarface

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on May 22, 2020, 11:07 PM
Well, it is not a calzone pizza, it is a mere pizza. But I really like this kind of answer. There is no doubt shadow.97 is one of the most insightful users of the forum. Maybe you could become one of the top moderators you know. And yet I'm a bit jealous because you always have the best hardware.

I have eaten a calzone pizza just once. It was at the restaurant "jet d'eau" in Saint Etienne, with some friends, on 23 November 2018. I didn't know it yet, because my stepmother called me only a few days later, but that day my father went into the hospital in Valence. And less than a month later he died. I must say that I didn't really like that calzone pizza at the jet d'eau. But then, I, Sebastien and Pierre-Adrien, we played a game of bowling, rue Jules Janin, in Saint Etienne, and I won easily.

Note: If you can, test the new repack of Deliver us the moon and tell me if it works for you. I made this repack but I don't play games for the moment.

Note that a new version of windows 10 could be available on the forum soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSW_lKGf9us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6APSewgCBs

Having the best hardware isn't always the best thing. Because it means you spend money when you have no real need. It's like a small addiction, you always find reasons to upgrade. Even if there actually is no reason. I've been resisting the urge of getting a 3900x. Just for the fact that i drop below 100fps in some games.. Ya know, "problems".
And if I get that, i'll end up getting a better cooler, because I'll feel like it gets too loud. And when I'm at it I'll get more fans. It's a bad cycle.

I'm personally jealous over your food.

I ordered a Kebab pizza yesterday and was very disappointed.
It had areas where there were nothing at all, just bare bread. I miss the ones back home, just for the fact that there was plenty of things so that it was falling all over the place just because of the sheer amount of topping.

Here's probably my favorite 'every-day-dish'.
Salmon, rice, bearnaise sauce(although not thick enough) and peas.
The peas are hiding beneath everything.

Regarding games; I don't play all that much anymore. RSI, repetetive stress injury has started creeping up on me in both hands so I usually just end up playing with friends and VR games nowdays, because otherwise I end up with pain if I play too much alone. And most of the time that i spend with friends are through games and that time is very valuable.

Regarding moderatorship; I'd probably do it. But I'll likely not be active enough for it. I come and go a lot. And sadly; I don't do much tech related anymore. I've came to a point where the amount of effort it takes to find things to learn is very hard. And therefor I just end up not trying to learn much more. And it's a slight problem. Especially because I really want to learn things about databases, coding and low-level OS things.