Author Topic: Financial news and stock markets.  (Read 42180 times)

December 05, 2018, 06:17 AM
Reply #240
Well,
The main reason is:
It seems like a good way to save money until I can afford what I want in Sweden.
"Passive income"(not really.)
And of course, I just want to do it.
As humbert said, real estate trends can vary depending on the local situations.
And real estate is globally expensive, unless you have a lot of money, that's not something I would try. And since you are still at school, I doubt you are as rich as Bin Salman.
If you want to go abroad, and if you get to know the local real estate, why not.
As for Sweden, real estate is very expensive. Maybe you should get yourself a flat first.
But even there, chances are you won't earn money if real estate prices go down.
https://medium.com/scandieland/goldman-sachs-says-swedish-property-market-heading-for-worst-crash-since-1990s-banking-crisis-b16a215413ea

Note that In many countries, it's financially more interesting to rent than to buy.
For example, in India it takes nearly 45 years for rental income to cover real estate prices !
https://www.proptiger.com/guide/post/india-asias-most-expensive-real-estate-market
I'm just waiting on the housing market bubble to burst again.
I dont have the funds currently, and not I'm not planning on doing this for some time. I'm going to do my homework, but slowly.

December 05, 2018, 06:18 PM
Reply #241
  • Global Moderator
I'm just waiting on the housing market bubble to burst again.
I dont have the funds currently, and not I'm not planning on doing this for some time. I'm going to do my homework, but slowly.
This is a wise move.
We don't know if the housing market will burst after all. Maybe it won't.
But before thinking about buying flats to rent them, It's wiser to find accomodation for yourself. If you are buying sth you can't rent, if you are not paid, if you flat is trashed by the tenants, you also have to properly account for these risks. And in this case, you can lose money.
Also, you have to note that if the flat is not expensive and if you can obtain a good rental yield, Something is amiss (in French I would say "il y a anguille sous roche"). And the risk lies in not being able to rent your apartment. That's what I was saying in this message (I was speaking about you, but don't be afraid I wouldn't leave you in my trunk): http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg29572#msg29572

January 22, 2019, 05:59 PM
Reply #242
  • Global Moderator
Note that I updated the topic, since some images had been deleted with the closing of hostingpics.net. I had been right concerning bitcoin and snap, when I advised against buying that.
On boursorama, I held a conference early January 2018, saying that the Bitcoin would go below 3000$ by the end of 2018. And it did.
Now I think that the world economy is facing serious threats. And I think that the s&p 500 is still very high. In this context, maybe gold mining stocks could be a good bet.