• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

The rebound did not last...

In the meantime, gold is soaring. +2.4% today. I'm wondering if 1542â,¬ is not even too low a target. At this pace, it's 1800$ per ounce by the end of the month.
https://goldprice.org/live-gold-price.html

scarface

Apparently there has been a reversal trend. The Dow Jones ended flat. The cac 40 will be up 0.8% tomorrow.

Note that I've seen a young hoodlum, in a lousy car, listening to bad music. I made a grimace, like mr baboon, to show him I was not into that. He understood that he was obviously no match.

scarface

Today, eramet and societe generale are soaring.
Those who followed my advice are earning money.
I bought more share of societe generale yesterday at 22â,¬. It will be hard to break the thresold of 23â,¬ though. I put a sell order at 22.9â,¬. top of the day: 22.84â,¬...

scarface

Despite an opening in negative territory this morning in Europe, I think the technical rebound is likely to continue today. I have a target at 5400 for the cac and 26500 for the Dow Jones before a probable trend reversal. If the Cac 40 goes back to 5400, maybe you can try to buy the short tracker BX4. And if you are a really aggressive trader (you want to bet on the fall of the S&P 500 and a rise in the $/â,¬ pair, you can try the DSP5 (you have to include the currency risk in your strategy).
Note that I sold Eramet above 41â,¬. In the current context, I will only come back if there is another decline in the stock price. As for Socgen, I'm reducing the position at 23â,¬.
Note that I'm staying bullish on gold.

scarface

Visibly, there is no "technical rebound", I was wrong.

The cac 40 is sinking.

scarface

This morning I'm going to give you a quick insight into the financial markets.

The cac 40 was up 1% a hour ago, it's now red. The markets are very nervous. In the current context, I think the markets are bearish. Let's stay bullish on gold...
https://www.boursorama.com/bourse/indices/cours/1rPCAC/

scarface

The Dow Jones is currently dropping 470 points. The next session will be interesting for the Asian and European markets.

They already closed in negative territory and the futures are indicating further losses for tomorrow.
Gold is up 1.04% at 1513$. In this context we stay bullish on gold stocks too.

scarface

This morning, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.

U.S. stocks fell Monday after escalating protests in Hong Kong weighed on already-dampened investor sentiment.
Losses accelerated into the final hour of trading as U.S. Treasury yields tumbled. Monday marked the ninth consecutive trading session of an at least 1% intraday move in the S&P 500.

This morning, the futures are still ugly, as the picture shows. In this context, gold is up 1.23% at 1523$.
And yet, I recommend the stock Societe generale at 21.8â,¬ with a target at 23.5â,¬. With a PE of 6, it's one of the cheapest bank stock in the European markets.

scarface

The stock markets are crumbling.
-0.62% for the cac40 right now.
Practically everything is red in the estx 50.
https://fr.investing.com/indices/eu-stoxx50-components

In the meantime, gold and silver are going up.

Well, some of us are on vacation, and maybe it's high time we drank a little Pastis-tomato.

scarface

Those who bought some Societe generale at 21.8â,¬ this morning got a good deal. It's actually at 22.38â,¬. I sold a few minutes ago at 22.49â,¬ the stocks I bought yesterday. The stock hit 21.43â,¬ this morning, this is a 5% rebound !
There is currently a technical rebound on the European markets. But for me the trend is still bearish. There is a correction on gold stocks. It might be a good opportunity to buy some Agnico Eagles mines or Newmont Goldcorp stocks.