• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

As intended, the stock markets are still in a bearish trend...

scarface

Well, the investors of the forum like shadow.97, humbert and usmangujjar must be thinking I was right to warn them this morning. The cac 40 is literally collapsing, dropping 100 points. The cac 40 is currently falling nearly 2%.

There are signs of a looming recession, as Germany's economy shrank during the April-to-June period of this year.
A decline in exports dampened growth, according to official data, which comes amid concerns of a global slowdown.
Early signs for the third quarter "look ominous", said Andrew Kenningham, chief Europe economist at Capital Economics. "Manufacturing business surveys for July were all gloomy.
"And while the services sector should continue to hold up better, there are some signs that the slump is spreading to the labour market."

In this context, I'm still bearish on the markets and particularly on car stocks like Renault and Bmw, even if there is now a long lasting correction in this sector.
We'll stay bullish on gold. Currently gold is up 0.89% at 1515$ per once.

scarface

Maybe a target at 5150 for the cac 40, 25000 for the Dow Jones, and 1580$ for gold.

scarface

I still see a lot of bearishness in the markets. This morning, the European markets are red, despite a positive opening. The Cac 40 and the Dax are both declining by 0.10%.
https://www.boursorama.com/bourse/indices/cours/1rPCAC/

scarface

The cac 40 is nosediving. It's now losing roughly 1% amid plunging treasury yields.

scarface

Note that once again, I advise you to take advantage of the technical rebound to sell some stocks. I sold a few societe generale this morning. The futures on the Dow Jones are up 200 points. In my opinion it won't last and the European markets will follow, the upward trend will decrease.
https://www.boursorama.com/bourse/indices/cours/1rPCAC/

In the current context, we'll remain bullish on gold.
Growing global recession fears could push gold prices to $1,600 an ounce or even higher, according to UBS as it updates its gold forecast for the rest of the year.
In a research note released Thursday, Joni Teves, strategist at the Swiss Bank, said that she is increasing her bullish outlook on gold as uncertainty grips financial markets. She said that investors are turning to the yellow metal as the U.S.-China trade war slows economic growth and central banks look to embrace more dovish monetary policies.

scarface

On the current levels, I advise you to turn bearish on the US stock markets, with a first target at 2800 points on the s&p 500, especially since the $ is likely to keep rising versus the Euro.
For the European markets, it seems the rebound is not over, and they are less expensive as you can see on the pictures below (the PE for the US is 25% higher than the average European PE).

In the world, only the Indian and New Zealand markets are more expensive (higher price earning ratio).

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.

In my opinion, the technical rebound will be over pretty soon. On the cac 40, besides the banking sector which has undergone a sharp correction over the last year, the market is still expensive.

The â,¬/$ is at 1.1079 and gold at 1503$ per ounce. Let's stay bearish on the euro and bullish on gold.

scarface

The cac 40 is now tumbling 0.6%.
As you know I'm particularly bearish on the s&p500 since I think it has the biggest downside potential.

scarface

Well, it seems I was right when I was saying that the technical rebound was over on both the cac 40 and the s&p 500 a few hours ago. The s&p 500 ended down 0.79%.
In my opinion, we are going to continue the bearish trend that began early August. The first target on the s&p 500 is at 2865 points. And below this level, supports are much lower.
As far as gold is concerned, I still see a lot of bullishness on the yellow metal. Note that barrick gold soared today (+3.37%). Agnico and Newmont goldcorp were up too.
https://www.investing.com/indices/us-spx-500-futures