Maher's Digital World

Financial news and stock markets.

Offline scarface

Re: Financial news and stock markets.
« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Note that I recommend buying the biotech Pharnext, listed as Alpha on the French market.

Offline scarface

« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2019, 09:51 AM »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 09:54 AM by scarface »

Offline humbert

« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2019, 09:42 PM »
Here is a little photo of me and my father taken in June 2018 in the park of Saint Cloud. My father bet on gold in 2016 and this year he had a performance of 80% with 2 swing trades, which is a bit exceptional. He looks old on this photo and yet he was only 70. He died of lung cancer last December.

I know the feeling. My mother passed away Sept 2019 (10 days ago from today's date). She was 91. I take comfort in the fact that she lived a full life. My father died of pancreatic cancer back in 1998.

Offline scarface

« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2019, 05:16 PM »
Tonight, I went to a restaurant with some friends. I couldn't be on the forum to post messages about a new movie or hold a conference.
Tomorrow, some new versions of windows 7 and windows 10 will be available. If you have special wishes, it's high time you made your requests.
I hope some of you downloaded the new version of We. The revolution. For now, I'm not planning to do new repacks.

Note that the s&p 500 ended lower tonight. In the current context, I think the stock markets could go down again.

We have seen that humbert lost a relative. Well, We are now in the same boat and must keep a firm hold of the oars and row together if we are to gain speed and be able to reach our destination. I and humbert are in the same situation now.  But it would not be true to say that there is nobody around us. The users of the forum are there. I know Maher, Vasudev and aa1234779 are reading the messages.
Maybe one day we will be together somewhere.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:18 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2019, 06:48 AM »
Today, I'm going to give you an overview of the stock markets.

The European financial markets are plunging today amid trade uncertainty and slower global growth. The cac 40 is losing 1.07%.

In this context, many banks are cutting jobs.
Lately, Global banking giant HSBC plans to axe up to 10,000 jobs in a cost-cutting drive as it grapples with falling interest rates, Brexit and the U.S.-China trade war, reports said on Monday, joining a list of big banks that have announced sweeping job cuts in recent months.

Reached by Fortune, the UK-based, Asia-focused bank declined comment on the reported cuts. The Financial Times first reported HSBC would slash about 4% of its global workforce of around 235,000.

The layoffs, which could be announced with third-quarter results on Oct. 28, are part of broader restructuring efforts being worked on by Noel Quinn, who took over as interim CEO in August when predecessor John Flint departed after just 18 months in the job.

It is part of a new wave of deep job cuts hitting the banking industry, which has also been affected by weak investment bank revenues, low economic growth in Europe and negative interest rates across much of the Eurozone. Add it up, and the banks are finding it increasingly hard to make a decent lending margin.

Deutsche Bank unveiled plans in July to cut 18,000 staff as part of a deep restructuring while France’s third biggest bank Societe Generale has announced 1,600 job losses. Germany’s Commerzbank also plans to shed thousands of jobs.

Offline scarface

« Reply #255 on: October 08, 2019, 03:34 PM »
Tonight, I'm going to give you a quick insight into the American stock markets.

The US Stock Market fell sharply tonight amid growing pessimism on U.S.-China trade talks.
The stock market was off to a rough start on Tuesday, and although it rebounded slightly in the afternoon, rising uncertainty over trade talks with China—set to start Thursday—took a huge toll and prompted a further sell-off.
With fading optimism around U.S.-China trade negotiations, the S&P 500 dropped 1.56%, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.19%.
The CBOE Volatility Index spiked 9.5% following Tuesday’s reports that both sides were ramping up trade tensions.

Offline scarface

« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2019, 12:43 PM »
Tonight, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.

U.S. stocks rose in early afternoon trading on Thursday on hopes that top-level U.S.-China trade talks would yield at least a partial deal, while a rise in Apple’s shares lifted the technology sector.

Wall Street’s main indexes moved higher after President Donald Trump tweeted he would meet Chinese Vice Premier Liu He on Friday for further trade talks.

I've been right to sell some dsp5 on the short term. I already sold my position on Societe Generale too. I don't think the markets are going to be up for a long time.
This little rally seems to be fragile in the US and the Cac40/dax futures are already down 0.4%.
I still advise you to buy some Pharnext stocks (code Alpha), the context was pretty bad for the biotech equity sector lately and Pharnext's stock price declined by 40% over the last month.

Offline scarface

« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Today, I'm going to give you a quick insight into the stock markets.

Global stocks followed Wall Street higher Friday on optimism about U.S.-Chinese talks on ending a tariff war, while oil prices spiked 2% after a rocket attack on an Iranian tanker.

Market benchmarks in Frankfurt, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo advanced, while London declined.
Sentiments were buoyed by the start of trade talks Thursday and President Donald Trump’s plan to meet Beijing’s envoy. Economists say a final settlement to the sprawling dispute is unlikely this year, but some traders are hoping for a cease-fire on further tariff hikes or other issues.
Markets have soared and fallen during 12 previous rounds of talks that produced no progress toward ending the costly fight over Beijing’s trade surplus and technology ambitions.
“It looks like investors are positioning themselves for a potentially favorable outcome,” said Fawad Razaqzada of Forex.com in a report. “Are investors setting themselves up for disappointment?”

In the current context, I sold my last positions (Renault). I think it's better to be cautious. Once again, American stocks are highly priced.
Here is an interesting chart.

and I advise the most intrepid users of the forum to buy inverse ETF on the s&p 500, like the PROSHARES TRUST SHORT (SH). Using the S&P 500 as its benchmark, SH aims to match the performance of that index if it begins to plummet, by investing in derivatives, that may include futures contracts, swaps, and stock options. The fund focuses on the behavior of large-cap stocks but also watches real estate investment trusts (REITS). Bear in mind that an investment in this fund will lose money if stock prices ascend.
You can also try the PROSHARES TRUST ULTRASHRT S&P 500 (SDS). SDS is an aggressive fund that strives to achieve two times the inverse of the S&P 500. Its large-cap focus, coupled with its strategy of doubling the inverse of the index makes SDS a higher-risk ETF than the aforementioned SH fund.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:25 AM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2019, 07:19 PM »
A few months ago, I wrote a message about the IPO of Uber. And I warned you about the price of the stock.
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3226.msg34225#msg34225
At this time, it was valued at 82 billion $, or 45$ per stock. I was saying that the stock was grossly overvalued and added a few articles. I'm sure Maher and Usman are still laughing about it. And in the next message, I was wondering if uber was not going to be a new snapchat, and lose 50% in the 6 following months.
So 5 months later, where is uber?
The stocks lost "only" 30% over the last 5 months, and the stock price is actually at 31$. There was probably a gross overvaluation of Uber indeed. Now the stock price still needs to lose roughly 20% to reach the first target (23$). And even at this price Uber would be probably way too expensive.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:23 PM by scarface »