• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Note that the Dax 30 futures just opened and they are indicating that the opening of the German market could look like a butchery tomorrow. For those who do not know the Dax 30, there is where some firms like BMW, Siemens, Daimler or Bayer are listed. The Dow Jones futures are currently losing 820 points.
I will speak tomorrow at the opening of the markets to tell you what to do and explain the situation.

scarface

Note that the cac 40 is losing 4.32% and the Dax 30 4.95%. On the current level, I am buying some stocks Societe Generale. I am not buying Natixis but I still have a price target at 3 euros. On the dax, lufthansa, Siemens and BMW are amongst the biggest losers. In this context, I am still negative for airline companies.

scarface

Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. economists said the coronavirus will inflict greater economic pain than they previously expected as they warned of a record plunge in the U.S. output in the second quarter and a deeper global recession.

Morgan Stanley’s U.S. economists led by Ellen Zentner told clients in a report on Sunday that they now see American gross domestic product falling 30.1% in April-June. That will drive up unemployment to average 12.8% over the period, they said.
At Goldman Sachs, Jan Hatzius’s team said in a report that they now expect a 24% drop in U.S. output in the next quarter.
The dire forecasts from two of Wall Street’s biggest banks reflects the sudden stop that the U.S. and European economies are witnessing following China’s slump at the start of the year.

Such predictions are raising fears of a depression, but Morgan Stanley economists said in a separate report that a sustained contraction should be avoided given the response of fiscal and monetary policy makers. Both Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs anticipate a recovery beginning in the third quarter, although that is subject to risks.
“Economic activity has come to a near standstill in March,” the Morgan Stanley economists said. “As social distancing measures increase in a greater number of areas and as financial conditions tighten further, the negative effects on near-term GDP growth become that much greater.”
In a Bloomberg interview on Sunday, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard predicted the unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter because of shutdowns to combat the coronavirus, with an unprecedented 50% drop in GDP.

scarface

Note that the Dow Jones is currently losing 820 points. On these levels and if you do not have stocks yet, I think it could be interesting to buy defensive stocks with a medium-term horizon. I was recommending Intel a few days ago at 47$, or mcdonalds. Today, 3M is tumbling 6.3%. With a dividend yield of 4% on these levels, and if the dividend is maintainted, it could be a good purchase.

scarface

Note that there is a rebound in Europe. The cac 40 is up 4.15% and the dax 5.9%. The Wall Street futures are currently up 4.2%.
If you have winning positions, I advise you to sell half of them. Another coup de tabac could take place. I sold 500 societe generale at 14.60â,¬. Fundamentally the stock is pretty cheap, but in this context, it could go back to 13.50â,¬

scarface

Note that the cac 40 is now up 5.85%. The resistance at 4140 was broken. It might indicate that prices could go higher.
in this context, Natixis is soaring. It is up 13%. The next target price is 2.80...

scarface

Note that the Dow Jones is currently up 8.8%...
If you have American stocks, I advise you to reduce your positions. This rebound is a bit artificial and the peak of the pandemic has not been reached yet.

scarface

The market is very bullish as you can see on the picture. In this context, the cac 40 could go to 4600 points tomorrow.

scarface

Actually it wasn't that bullish. The Dow Jones lost 700 points in the last 10 minutes of the session...
But I still think stock markets could go higher on the short term with some targets at 4600 points for the cac 40 and 22500 points for the Dow Jones.
A few months ago Trump was talking about a Dow Jones at 36000 points...This target might be jeopardized on the short term by the scourge.

scarface

Well, there is still a lot of bearishness in the stock markets. The cac 40 is down 2.55%.
The Wall Street futures are at 20850 points, down 1000 points from yesterday's top.