• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harkaz

Apparently various files are in use by the system.
Changing the attributes of winsxs is something that I haven't tried yet.

Try doing it offline, from the recovery environment instead.

This may have a great performance impact.

Vasudev

To scarface & Harkaz:
Is there any possibilities of updating boot.wim and install.wim with all updates and necessary drivers without humungous ISO size on 7,8/10 using NTLite? WAIK is little over my head, so I use NTLite.

scarface

I don't know. I'm using this method: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=991.msg7730#msg7730
However, I tried it with windows 10 to no avail...after a few reboots in audit mode, it says "administrator account disabled". I won't use it soon anyway.

harkaz

A major update, rebase 1.1.30.0 is now available!

This must-have upgrade of rebase will be rolled out to existing users in a few hours.

What's new in Rebase 1.1:

•   An ESSENTIAL upgrade of the cleanup algorithm. Fixes reliability issues with the old algorithm. Recommend rebuilding your images from scratch with th new rebase version. 
  •   Fixes all previously reported issues, including a glitch with offline servicing of updates: Now all updates are marked as permanent in any rebase usage scenario.
  •   A new feature: the ability to hide all previously installed updates.

Kjhoh

Yeah I will wait for the next release, because the current one I'm using isn't the latest from Maher's, it was one of it I downloaded last year when I wanna test on my old pc but unfortunately it works bad.

Well, thanks for your hard work in advance scarface!

Kjhoh

Thanks for your hard work scarface!
We really appreciate it :)

mdhuser

Quote from: scarface on June 15, 2016, 09:50 PM
Here is the latest version of windows 7 x64 SP1 N lite. The description is above. This one is updated with June hotfixes. The intel Graphics drivers were updated too (to v.15.40.24.4454). Like the previous ones, this version is provided as is, if you want to activate it, you need a valid key.

thanks!
can dazloader activate this one?

Vasudev

Quote from: mdhuser on June 16, 2016, 01:56 PM
Quote from: scarface on June 15, 2016, 09:50 PM
Here is the latest version of windows 7 x64 SP1 N lite. The description is above. This one is updated with June hotfixes. The intel Graphics drivers were updated too (to v.15.40.24.4454). Like the previous ones, this version is provided as is, if you want to activate it, you need a valid key.

thanks!
can dazloader activate this one?
Yes.

mdhuser

great.

this will be good to put on an older 40gb ssd as systemdrive.
i had nomaher's win7 ultimate version running on there perfectly but it was getting too chunky for the 40gb after 2 years of use (leaving only 3gb free made the recent convenience rollup installation fail on it).

thanks again!

Vasudev

Quote from: mdhuser on June 17, 2016, 09:22 PM
great.

this will be good to put on an older 40gb ssd as systemdrive.
i had nomaher's win7 ultimate version running on there perfectly but it was getting too chunky for the 40gb after 2 years of use (leaving only 3gb free made the recent convenience rollup installation fail on it).

thanks again!
Try tweaking page file settings, system restore by setting optimal values to increase SSD space, w10 is also good with minimal system footprint. Also use default disk cleanup to cleanup superseded update and restore some space.