• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on October 09, 2017, 02:06 AM
I'm already preparing a lite edition of windows 10 RS3 that will be released on Tuesday evening. Some new drivers, updates and software will be added, as usual. There will be a new version of windows 7 x64 and office 2007 too.

It's Monday night here, hopefully by tomorrow at this time your W10 RS3 lite will be ready. Incidentally, will your new copy of Windows 7 also be lite? Precisely what I like about it is the fact that much of the bloat is removed. Ideal for testing.

Quote from: scarface on October 09, 2017, 02:06 AM
I have no answer for that, I don't use any activator.
And yet, the activation process has not been modified. At least, It's a classic professional edition (the system was sysprepped though). You have to note that a key is also embedded, if you want to change it, execute cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -upk in order to remove the key. Then execute cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ipk Yourkey to add you own key.

When I installed your W7 lite, it prompts for a key but the space is blank, i.e., there is no key at all. I just pressed "continue". After the installation is finished , when I checked it said "30 Days Left to Activate". If indeed a key is embedded, I didn't see it anywhere. Could you post a working key or some other activation method that works?

BTW, does the fact that I installed it as a virtual machine have something to do with the activation problem?

Vasudev

@scarface Do you have any links for w7 ultimate N or do you have Rebased WIn 7 Ultimate N?

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on October 27, 2017, 06:56 PM
@scarface Do you have any links for w7 ultimate N or do you have Rebased WIn 7 Ultimate N?

Look at the latest messages...
(It's Pro, I don't have win7 ultimate).

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on October 28, 2017, 01:39 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 27, 2017, 06:56 PM

Look at this message:
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg28320#msg28320
Actually, I didn't precise it: it's windows 10 RS3 Enterprise x64 (clicking the link was enough to know it).

Quote@scarface Do you have any links for w7 ultimate N or do you have Rebased WIn 7 Ultimate N?
Check the message posted on October 11th, with the white baboon (It's Pro, I don't have win7 ultimate).
Any links for w7 ultimate N x64?

scarface

Why do you need win7 ultimate? what does it have that is not in Pro? Note that the version I uploaded (hope you found the white baboon), contains wmp, even if it was initially a N version.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on October 28, 2017, 07:10 PM
Why do you need win7 ultimate? what does it have that is not in Pro? Note that the version I uploaded (hope you found the white baboon), contains wmp, even if it was initially a N version.
I didn't even use Ultimate's full features, I never missed anything from Win 7. A friend of mine needed Ultimate N version for his desktop rig after he was disappointed with RS3.

scarface

Tomorrow, Windows 10 RS3 and windows 7 x64 lite will be available on the forum.
I will also hold several conferences, and new photos will be put in the New photos topic.
That's why I'm expecting a large audience on the forum.

Note:
I said I wanted to clean the forum, at least a little bit. And humbert replied:
QuoteI don't see a need to delete any messages. There's nothing bad enough to merit deletion. What Panzer might want to do is to edit his posts in order to reduce the size of the quoted parts so that he's responding to exactly what's being quoted. As Scarface said, pretty much the way I do it.
It's true. But if there are too many messages, well, we need to select and leave the best ones, and remove those who are old and unneeded.

Actually the number of messages on the forum is the problem. If there are one million messages, you may miss most of the good messages because many would burden the forum.

I know what humbert is going to say: it's not true, there are not many messages on the forum.
A bit like aa1234779 who believes we are not that numerous on this poor Earth Planet.
Well, those are false truisms.
And here, I imagine that usman is going to ask me what a truism is.
A truism is a statement that is self-evidently true. A false truism would be a statement taken for a truism that is in fact not one, either because it is true but not self-evidently so or because it is not true at all. In the latter case, it is doubly false: it is not a truism, and it is not true.

Usually, when you use premises, and obtain a conclusion, under the form of a syllogism for example, the argumentation is more sturdy.

If I say:
-There are many users on the forum.
-Few users are posting messages.
-So there are few messages on the forum (and in many messages there is a baboon).
Here it seems that both premises are true, and yet the syllogism fell apart. It's because only one user posting a lot is sufficient to overwhelm the forum with messages. (And there are no links between the premises). So it's wrong.

Some good clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vetWW8Ums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdUjPZuwIm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFtwBgUIqHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtuMO90a3AU

humbert

Quote from: scarface on November 16, 2017, 11:46 PM
Tonight, 2 new version of windows 10 and win 7 are available. They contain the latest hotfixes and many up-to-date drivers.

I downloaded your Windows 10 to take a look at it in VirtualBox. Is this also some sort of lite version? How much bloat were you able to remove?

scarface

Office 2007 is ancient and too much bloated. I prefer Office 2013 or office 2016 versions which are lighter and are x64 bit exe's.
Lighter? Id say office 2013 & 2016 are bloated.
My version 's size is 640 mb vs 1 gb or more for the others. And there is no key to bypass activation. The key included in this version is official and yet it's a kind of "leak", to my knowledge there is no such a key with office2013/2016.

Rindschwein

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, at least as a registered member.
So first and for most, i want to say 'Thank You' for all the infos, tips and other things you provided over the years,
espacially for Maher's XP version i used until 2 Days ago.
After buying new innards for my pc and stumbling upon scarface's 7 version, I have a problem to activate it.
The 7 Loader does not recognize his version, chew-wga in combination with removewat seem to partly work, but i'm still missing the wallpaper.
Has someone an idea from where i can get a working version.
Thank you very much!