Author Topic: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase  (Read 34813 times)

April 07, 2017, 07:49 PM
Reply #110
  • Global Moderator
Okay I converted my non genuine windows (2 of them ) to genuine during win 10 upgrade process. BTW, all licenses are stored on Onedrive, so no issues even if I change my hardware.

By this do you mean that free upgrade from a previous version? I was under the impression that offer expired. Incidentally, if your hardware change entails a new motherboard, the old activation won't work. I know this from experience.

How come *Torrentz.eu* is running, when they took down the site few months back?

You keep forgetting that, due to the vastness of the internet, the permanent death of a site is virtually impossible.

April 08, 2017, 07:13 AM
Reply #111
  • Global Moderator

By this do you mean that free upgrade from a previous version? I was under the impression that offer expired. Incidentally, if your hardware change entails a new motherboard, the old activation won't work. I know this from experience.

So the activation won't work even after syncing to Onedrive? M$ stated that Threshold 2 will solve activation issues after M/B change.
How come *Torrentz.eu* is running, when they took down the site few months back?

You keep forgetting that, due to the vastness of the internet, the permanent death of a site is virtually impossible.
You're a pro in torrents I just started and have a lot to learn. Thanks, so that news was just a act to show they stopped supporting torrents.

April 08, 2017, 08:03 PM
Reply #112
  • Global Moderator
So the activation won't work even after syncing to Onedrive? M$ stated that Threshold 2 will solve activation issues after M/B change.

Threshold2 is an upcoming Windows update with more "features". I saw nothing concerning changing out MB's. I do know for a fact that since MS first established this free upgrade-activation system, it made it very clear the activation was valid only for that computer and was not transferrible. They will tolerate a minor upgrade (e.g., more RAM, larger HD) but not something major like swapping out the Mobo. That requires a new license and new activation because it's basically a new computer. When I replaced my board after the old one died, I used the same HD with activation and simply updated the drivers. After a few minutes I got the hated "activation required" watermark.

Syncing to Onedrive is like syncing to any other local drive or cloud-based site. It's a simple matter of copying files and nothing more.

You're a pro in torrents I just started and have a lot to learn. Thanks, so that news was just a act to show they stopped supporting torrents.

They'll never stop torrents. Keep in mind torrents are highly decentralized. Torrent sites do not host files. Those that have only magnet links don't even host the .torrent file your client needs for the download. Your data comes in pieces from other users such as yourself. It is very easy to move sites from place to place or hide them behind VPN's to mask their physical location. Taking a torrent site down is a little like killiing flies -- be assured there will be more somewhere.

April 09, 2017, 01:29 AM
Reply #113
  • Global Moderator

Threshold2 is an upcoming Windows update with more "features". I saw nothing concerning changing out MB's. I do know for a fact that since MS first established this free upgrade-activation system, it made it very clear the activation was valid only for that computer and was not transferrible. They will tolerate a minor upgrade (e.g., more RAM, larger HD) but not something major like swapping out the Mobo. That requires a new license and new activation because it's basically a new computer. When I replaced my board after the old one died, I used the same HD with activation and simply updated the drivers. After a few minutes I got the hated "activation required" watermark.

Syncing to Onedrive is like syncing to any other local drive or cloud-based site. It's a simple matter of copying files and nothing more.
@humbert: You're confused with Creators update aka Redstone 2. Threshold 2 was released in Nov 2016.

April 12, 2017, 06:42 AM
Reply #114
  • Global Moderator
Today, I read that microsoft ended support for windows Vista. That's why it can be necessary for you to upgrade to windows 7. The latest edition of windows 7 lite has been delayed because once again there is an error with windows update because of my previous aggressive cleaning of the winsxs folder. That's why I will start from scratch and this time I will only use the tool of harkaz (which is very good). What's more, I will release another edition of netfx 4.6.2 lite, with the latest updates.
Besides, I hope some of you watched delusions of grandeur.

April 12, 2017, 10:43 PM
Reply #115
  • Global Moderator
Speaking of Windows, have any of you guys tried the Creator's Update? Since upgrades sooner or later become inevitable, I decided to download and install the update. After once again disabling many new "features" eliminating all their tracking and telemetry with O&O ShutUp, I finally got it to run OK. It's got some new stuff for games including a "Game Mode" that directs all resources to the game. The paint app now supports 3D as well as some other stuff.

I say go for it. Download it, clean it up and check it out.

April 12, 2017, 11:34 PM
Reply #116
  • Global Moderator
Speaking of Windows, have any of you guys tried the Creator's Update? Since upgrades sooner or later become inevitable, I decided to download and install the update. After once again disabling many new "features" eliminating all their tracking and telemetry with O&O ShutUp, I finally got it to run OK. It's got some new stuff for games including a "Game Mode" that directs all resources to the game. The paint app now supports 3D as well as some other stuff.

I say go for it. Download it, clean it up and check it out.
Did you perform in place upgrade or clean install?

April 13, 2017, 09:08 PM
Reply #117
  • Global Moderator

This is an upgrade - no clean install. Eventually they'll make it available on Windows Update, people like you and me can grab it right now. Go here and download the upgrade tool - it'll do everything. After installing it and cleaning it up (disable "features" and telemetry with O&O Shutup) it works great. Check it out. Oh, and never forget you can only delay installing upgrading, not skip it completely. Ask anybody trying to run XP on a relatively modern PC.  :)

April 14, 2017, 10:18 AM
Reply #118
  • Global Moderator

This is an upgrade - no clean install. Eventually they'll make it available on Windows Update, people like you and me can grab it right now. Go here and download the upgrade tool - it'll do everything. After installing it and cleaning it up (disable "features" and telemetry with O&O Shutup) it works great. Check it out. Oh, and never forget you can only delay installing upgrading, not skip it completely. Ask anybody trying to run XP on a relatively modern PC.  :)
Yep I will upgrade within a week or two.

July 13, 2017, 12:10 PM
Reply #119
  • Global Moderator
The latest windows 7 x64 lite SP1 is available here: https://ufile.io/4z5uv
I remind you that it contains wmp11, ie11, dx9 & 11, netfx 4.7 lite, every update, and many updated drivers (see below)
Code: [Select]
Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\realtek_card_reader_10.0.14393.31228\DrvBin64 /Recurse

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\broadcom_bluetooth_6.5.1.6930\Win64 /Recurse

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\HPaccelerometer\InstallFiles\Win7\accelerometer.inf

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\Hp-Wifi-Broadcom6.223.215.3-unsigned\HP_DriverOnly\bcmwl6.inf /ForceUnsigned

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\Realtek_Web_Camera_6.3.9600.11097\DrvBin64 /Recurse

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\realtekethernet10-100-1000PCIE_Win7_7104\Install_Win7_7104_02202017\WIN7\64\rt64win7.inf

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\PCI-bus-AMD-14.201.1006.1001\amdkmpfd.inf

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\Elan-smbus-driver-15.2.10.1\ETDSMBus.inf

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\intel_chipset_10.1.1.38 /Recurse

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\intel_rst_15.2.5.1035\Drivers\x64 /Recurse

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\IntelGraphicsDriver21.20.16.4678\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\Wireless_19.70.0_PROSet64_Win7\Drivers /Recurse

Dism /Image:G:\test\ /Add-Driver /Driver:G:\drivers\LAN_KillerSuite9.0.0.39\E2200-E2201-E2205-E2400-E2500 /Recurse

And here is the latest edition of office 2007 - Switchless installer
https://ufile.io/mc6tr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFwjoETyYok