Author Topic: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase  (Read 38732 times)

November 29, 2017, 12:29 AM
Reply #210
  • Global Moderator
I know there is a 10 version on, but i don't like the idea of this perma spying microsoft.
Also, as i said before, until now i was a xp user and i still have my problems with the 10 layout and some other things.
That's why i want to change to 7 first. I also thought of using ubuntu for internet and working, while using 7 solely for gaming.

Telemetry on Windows 10 is easy to disable. Use O&O Shutup or W10 Privacy (I prefer the latter). What problems are you having with the W10 layout? Their start screen is the easiest thing in the world to use, FAR easier and more convenient that Windows 7's hated start menu.
Then try W10 No bloatware edition majorgeeks http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_10_bloatware_free_edition.html
No defender, no telemetry and no UWP apps as well.

November 29, 2017, 07:37 AM
Reply #211
Thanks for the link.
Currently using a 7 version up to date (nov 2017).
Will test different 10 and ubuntu versions in a virtual environment to get used to it.
With layout i didn't exactly meant optical-wise.
If my english would have been better, i could properly describe it.
So just take it that way, that i'm not used to it, yet.

November 29, 2017, 08:12 AM
Reply #212
  • Global Moderator
Thanks for the link.
Currently using a 7 version up to date (nov 2017).
Will test different 10 and ubuntu versions in a virtual environment to get used to it.
With layout i didn't exactly meant optical-wise.
If my english would have been better, i could properly describe it.
So just take it that way, that i'm not used to it, yet.
Layout is confusing. If you used Windows Tablets then W10 is easier or even windows phone would do great in terms of relieving the OS layout learning curve.

Yesterday at 06:26 PM
Reply #213
  • Global Moderator
Tomorrow, new editions of win7 and win10 will be available.