Author Topic: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase  (Read 42496 times)

November 29, 2017, 08:12 AM
Reply #210
  • Global Moderator
Thanks for the link.
Currently using a 7 version up to date (nov 2017).
Will test different 10 and ubuntu versions in a virtual environment to get used to it.
With layout i didn't exactly meant optical-wise.
If my english would have been better, i could properly describe it.
So just take it that way, that i'm not used to it, yet.
Layout is confusing. If you used Windows Tablets then W10 is easier or even windows phone would do great in terms of relieving the OS layout learning curve.

February 03, 2018, 03:36 AM
Reply #211
  • Global Moderator
Please update 7-zip to 18.01 stable version because older beta and stable version had security issues.
Is it Win 7 Pro N edition like last time?
Well, 7zip 18.01 will be available in the next version.
It's the same one as before, win 7 pro N indeed, with the media feature pack installed.

February 12, 2018, 12:05 PM
Reply #212
  • Global Moderator
Tomorrow, a new edition of windows 10 x64 RS3 will be available on the forum. You can test the previous edition and its activator, they are still available on the forum.
For those who don't know, You are not obliged to buy an OS when you are buying a new computer. MSI is selling some of its computers with freedos, a kind of command-line OS. Of course it's pretty unusable, hence the interest in installing these versions of windows. What I don't like in the Microsoft system is simple: When you buy a computer, you are buying a MS license. But it's bundled in it. You don't know its price. It's due to their monopoly of course.
That's why I'm not buying computers with some pre-installed OS of Microsoft. And I don't consider I'm a thief.

I bought my current computer in February 2016. At this time it wasn't a high-end configuration, but it was a good computer with a i7 6700hq. I bought it with Freedos and a 10% reduction. One year later, without reduction and with windows 10, it was still sold for practically the same price...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:23 PM by scarface »

February 13, 2018, 11:34 PM
Reply #213
  • Global Moderator
Tomorrow, a new edition of windows 10 x64 RS3 will be available on the forum. You can test the previous edition and its activator, they are still available on the forum.
For those who don't know, You are not obliged to buy an OS when you are buying a new computer. MSI is selling some of its computers with freedos, a kind of command-line OS. Of course it's pretty unusable, hence the interest in installing these versions of windows. What I don't like in the Microsoft system is simple: When you buy a computer, you are buying a MS license. But it's bundled in it. You don't know its price. It's due to their monopoly of course.
That's why I'm not buying computers with some pre-installed OS of Microsoft. And I don't consider I'm a thief.

I bought my current computer in February 2016. At this time it wasn't a high-end configuration, but it was a good computer with a i7 6700hq. I bought it with Freedos and a 10% reduction. One year later, without reduction and with windows 10, it was still sold for practically the same price...
You can always use RW everything to check if Windows License key is embedded sometimes. http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/will-my-windows-10-licence-expire.813012/#post-10667679

February 18, 2018, 09:44 AM
Reply #214
  • Global Moderator
Today, a new version of Windows 10 Enterprise v1709 x64, and office 2007 are available with the latest updates

Note: I had a problem with sysprep and using dism it seems that the February update was not integrated since it's available in WU once win 10 is installed (so it's updated till January). I didn't integrate newer drivers either, even though I have new intel drivers. Since a Windows RS4 will be available soon, I guess nobody cares, they will be available in this version.

For Vasudev: 7zip 18.01 will be available in the next version too.

Win 10: https://ufile.io/jglf0
(already activated)

office 2007: https://uploadfiles.io/3jewz
(already activated with a key kindly given by microsoft)

Win 7 x64 lite December edition (no change... every update till December, new drivers, Netfx 4.7.1, dx9 and many tweaks.): https://ufile.io/nsy8b

Once installed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qbvG3xM90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJB4pM9Jj0

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 09:57 AM by scarface »

February 18, 2018, 11:30 PM
Reply #215
  • Global Moderator
I am testing Insider release of RS4 and I dare say its good than public release. Its not fast and leaner, but too bloated. Hopefully RTM version will be released soon and let's see if they wrecked it or not?
Thanks for the update, I'm still using older W7 from mid 2016, and I will download this version.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:33 PM by Vasudev »

February 23, 2018, 07:04 PM
Reply #216
  • Global Moderator
I think my version of windows 10 is infected with trojan floxif (the one above but I'm not totally sure, it could be another app already on my computer)
I just installed it and I was surprised to see some common apps were not installing, others were not opening (but they are contamined once they are executed).
It's a dangerous virus that infects a lot of files. this version may have been contamined with ccleaner, since one of the edition was containing the virus. I used it to clean files before finalizing the image.
You can find more information about it on the internet. The latest edition of ccleaner would be safe.

If you are using this version and if it's infected, you can get rid of it with the following application: http://download.geo.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/1519428777.248/vfu4m62o.exe
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:09 PM by scarface »

Yesterday at 01:29 AM
Reply #217
  • Global Moderator
I think my version of windows 10 is infected with trojan floxif (the one above but I'm not totally sure, it could be another app already on my computer)
I just installed it and I was surprised to see some common apps were not installing, others were not opening (but they are contamined once they are executed).
It's a dangerous virus that infects a lot of files. this version may have been contamined with ccleaner, since one of the edition was containing the virus. I used it to clean files before finalizing the image.
You can find more information about it on the internet. The latest edition of ccleaner would be safe.

If you are using this version and if it's infected, you can get rid of it with the following application: http://download.geo.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/1519428777.248/vfu4m62o.exe
I use Dr web Livecd and ESET livecd. If you want to get rid off pesky malwares, use WD offline which is included with W10 creators and above. It scans everything in less than 10 mins and gets rid off the malwares.
I was downloading W7, do you think its infected as well?
Download CCleaner Slim version always. Last time NTLite was packed with virus then WD saved my arse by removing it. It was Win32!@Bl or something. For now, I verify every download against  checksums provided in the website.

Yesterday at 08:59 AM
Reply #218
  • Global Moderator
Well, I in all likelihood, the iso of windows 10 is not infected with trojan floxif. When I installed it, I already had hundreds of infected files on my computer (I have an antivirus but I had disabled it). And I probably got the virus by browsing rotten sites.
 I had not tested this version before, but I must say it works very well now.

Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Reply #219
  • Global Moderator
Well, I in all likelihood, the iso of windows 10 is not infected with trojan floxif. When I installed it, I already had hundreds of infected files on my computer (I have an antivirus but I had disabled it). And I probably got the virus by browsing rotten sites.
 I had not tested this version before, but I must say it works very well now.

Some antivirus program is virtually mandatory in Windows. Naturally I mean something a little better than Windows Defender. I use Malwarebytes and it's not that bad. I'm surprised you're not using one.