• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

In the deleted posts I stumbled upon a message posted and deleted by aa1234779 today. Maybe he fixed his problem:
"Thank you for the new updated version.
With your release of Windows 10, is it possible to change the system language to Arabic?
I installed it for a friend who doesn't know English and can't change it."

And the answer is I don't know. Maybe you can find a language pack.
I'm not planning to release an Arabic version...Once, I tried to copy Arabic text and it's s a problem (from right to left) because I'm not used to that. By the way, I only know a few Arabic words (shukran, salamalikoum...and ralouf).

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on May 26, 2018, 06:25 PM
In the deleted posts I stumbled upon a message posted and deleted by aa1234779 today. Maybe he fixed his problem:
"Thank you for the new updated version.
With your release of Windows 10, is it possible to change the system language to Arabic?
I installed it for a friend who doesn't know English and can't change it."

And the answer is I don't know. Maybe you can find a language pack.
I'm not planning to release an Arabic version...Once, I tried to copy Arabic text and it's s a problem (from right to left) because I'm not used to that. By the way, I only know a few Arabic words (shukran, salamalikoum...and ralouf).

Thank you for caring. I did install the language pack through (Settings>Time & Language>Region & Language>Preferred Language under that selected Add Language, then choosing the arabic keyboard I added, I double-clicked and there it was, Download Language Pack.

It would have been dumb to leave my message after finding out the way to get the job done, but since you mentioned it, that's how I did it.

BTW, my friend sends his thanks for the Windows image.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

Quote from: aa1234779 on May 27, 2018, 03:50 AM
Thank you for caring. I did install the language pack through (Settings>Time & Language>Region & Language>Preferred Language under that selected Add Language, then choosing the arabic keyboard I added, I double-clicked and there it was, Download Language Pack.

It would have been dumb to leave my message after finding out the way to get the job done, but since you mentioned it, that's how I did it.

BTW, my friend sends his thanks for the Windows image.
So that wasn't too difficult. If your friend doesn't understand English, I guess he's not here on the forum. Now most people can understand basic English, except old people perhaps.
Is it good? I don't know. Who understands classic Arabic in Egypt or elsewhere? And who wants to learn French or Portuguese today?

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on May 27, 2018, 10:29 PM
So that wasn't too difficult. If your friend doesn't understand English, I guess he's not here on the forum. Now most people can understand basic English, except old people perhaps.
Is it good? I don't know. Who understands classic Arabic in Egypt or elsewhere? And who wants to learn French or Portuguese today?
Classical Arabic is still read & understood by many. Unlike other languages that develop into newer forms while the older ones are forgotten, Arabic still exists in it's original form as many living scholars of language & religion memorize the poetry of the Age of Ignorance (Pre-Islam) and the Quran & Hadith which are understood by many if not most Arabic speaking Muslims. There is, however, the modern Arabic dialect spoken in the media which is proper & compatible with Classical Arabic semantically and anyone that perfects it is able to understand the old texts.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

Vasudev

@humbert and @scarface: There is Win 10 PE Hiren's BootCD which is EFI compatible. https://www.hirensbootcd.org/

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on June 22, 2018, 06:33 PM
@humbert and @scarface: There is Win 10 PE Hiren's BootCD which is EFI compatible. https://www.hirensbootcd.org/
Well, In case I need sth with a cmd line, I keep my custom made winpe iso...made in 2013, and recommended by harkaz (I made a custom script to start gimagex, that was once used to capture windows 7, or a cmd line).
btw, I capture the windows 10 wim with this one since dism is also present.
https://ufile.io/dtty6

humbert

I'm so glad you pointed this out. Unfortunately Sergei Strelec is discontinuing his English copy of WinPE with all the trimmings, so an updated copy of HirensCD was very badly needed. The old one used to be awesome in its day, but today it's all but useless.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 06, 2018, 06:48 AM

I'm so glad you pointed this out. Unfortunately Sergei Strelec is discontinuing his English copy of WinPE with all the trimmings, so an updated copy of HirensCD was very badly needed. The old one used to be awesome in its day, but today it's all but useless.
Any alternatives for UEFI and legacy based ISO in a same USB drive like YUMI?
HBCD PE won't boot from RAM while Sergei can boot from RAM using YUMI.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on August 06, 2018, 11:04 AM

I haven't tested YUMI on Strelec. In fact, I got the latest version to boot from USB only after using an old version of Rufus. I'm thinking it's got something to do with the UEFI(GPT) or MBR setting. What difference does it make if you use UEFI (GPT) or MBR? On my system secure boot is disabled and CSM (bootup for "legacy" devices) is enabled. My hard drives are GPT. I have trouble booting any flashdrive if UEFI is selected. Do you know why and/or what setting works best, and why?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 07, 2018, 07:04 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 06, 2018, 11:04 AM

I haven't tested YUMI on Strelec. In fact, I got the latest version to boot from USB only after using an old version of Rufus. I'm thinking it's got something to do with the UEFI(GPT) or MBR setting. What difference does it make if you use UEFI (GPT) or MBR? On my system secure boot is disabled and CSM (bootup for "legacy" devices) is enabled. My hard drives are GPT. I have trouble booting any flashdrive if UEFI is selected. Do you know why and/or what setting works best, and why?
If you don't use EFI, its good. I'm forced to use EFI since my BIOS takes 20-30 sec to startup with legacy and with efi it starts/boots any OS under 10 sec.
If you want uefi boot support, disable csm and change boot mode to UEFI for pure EFI based OS installs from Windows,Linux or OS X.