Maher's Digital World

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Re: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Any idea why uploading fails at 99% using megasync app? I uploaded Win 10 v1903 thrice and all failed at 99%

Offline scarface

« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Any idea why uploading fails at 99% using megasync app? I uploaded Win 10 v1903 thrice and all failed at 99%
I don't have such problems. Considering that I uploaded big files on Mega (some repacks), I don't think it's a problem of file size. But try with a very small file to see if you have the same problem.

« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2019, 10:46 AM »
I don't have such problems. Considering that I uploaded big files on Mega (some repacks), I don't think it's a problem of file size. But try with a very small file to see if you have the same problem.
No, I didn't have that. I uploaded the boot.wim file as a test and it worked w/o any issues.

« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2019, 02:05 PM »
Just downloaded your W7 SP1 july and when I ran it in a VM which is used for Office work, it was W10 Pro RS5. Any idea?

Offline scarface

« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Just downloaded your W7 SP1 july and when I ran it in a VM which is used for Office work, it was W10 Pro RS5. Any idea?
Yes.
I put in the description: "New: this version uses an ESD file (a compressed wim image), making it much smaller. Only 2.4 gb vs 4 Gb for the previous edition. Note that the setup begins like a windows 10 installation." Actually it goes back to the normal layout of windows 7 after the 1st reboot.

Note:
When the install is asking if you have a serial number, I advise you to say no.
The setup is working in a vm. I didn't test it with a usb key.

« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Yes.
I put in the description: "New: this version uses an ESD file (a compressed wim image), making it much smaller. Only 2.4 gb vs 4 Gb for the previous edition. Note that the setup begins like a windows 10 installation." Actually it goes back to the normal layout of windows 7 after the 1st reboot.

Note:
When the install is asking if you have a serial number, I advise you to say no.
The setup is working in a vm. I didn't test it with a usb key.
For some reason ESD didn't boot correctly in a VM in Ubuntu. Any ideas?

Offline scarface

« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2019, 11:33 AM »

It booted but it doesn't boot anymore? Or maybe it booted just once? Well, no I have no idea.
Try to be more specific.

Offline scarface

« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2019, 11:39 AM »
To Vasudev: I will try to test it with a usb key by the end of the month anyway (with the next version which will be released next week).

« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2019, 10:52 PM »

It booted but it doesn't boot anymore? Or maybe it booted just once? Well, no I have no idea.
Try to be more specific.

No, I thought I downloaded Win 10 so I had to exit it and use standard older Wim image based W7 March edition.