Maher's Digital World

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Offline scarface

Re: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Just downloaded your W7 SP1 july and when I ran it in a VM which is used for Office work, it was W10 Pro RS5. Any idea?
Yes.
I put in the description: "New: this version uses an ESD file (a compressed wim image), making it much smaller. Only 2.4 gb vs 4 Gb for the previous edition. Note that the setup begins like a windows 10 installation." Actually it goes back to the normal layout of windows 7 after the 1st reboot.

Note:
When the install is asking if you have a serial number, I advise you to say no.
The setup is working in a vm. I didn't test it with a usb key.

« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Just downloaded your W7 SP1 july and when I ran it in a VM which is used for Office work, it was W10 Pro RS5. Any idea?
Yes.
I put in the description: "New: this version uses an ESD file (a compressed wim image), making it much smaller. Only 2.4 gb vs 4 Gb for the previous edition. Note that the setup begins like a windows 10 installation." Actually it goes back to the normal layout of windows 7 after the 1st reboot.

Note:
When the install is asking if you have a serial number, I advise you to say no.
The setup is working in a vm. I didn't test it with a usb key.
For some reason ESD didn't boot correctly in a VM in Ubuntu. Any ideas?

Offline scarface

« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2019, 11:33 AM »

It booted but it doesn't boot anymore? Or maybe it booted just once? Well, no I have no idea.
Try to be more specific.

Offline scarface

« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2019, 11:39 AM »
To Vasudev: I will try to test it with a usb key by the end of the month anyway (with the next version which will be released next week).

« Reply #264 on: August 05, 2019, 10:52 PM »

It booted but it doesn't boot anymore? Or maybe it booted just once? Well, no I have no idea.
Try to be more specific.

No, I thought I downloaded Win 10 so I had to exit it and use standard older Wim image based W7 March edition.

Offline scarface

« Reply #265 on: August 11, 2019, 05:19 PM »
To Vasudev: I just reinstalled the latest edition of win7 (esd edition) in a virtual machine. It's working. The latest version is still available here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg34441#msg34441

I will update them on Tuesday. I hope I'll be able to release updated versions of win7 and win10 by the end of the week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyUcHWwvgVM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJB4pM9Jj0

« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2019, 05:54 AM »
To Vasudev: I just reinstalled the latest edition of win7 (esd edition) in a virtual machine. It's working. The latest version is still available here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg34441#msg34441

I will update them on Tuesday. I hope I'll be able to release updated versions of win7 and win10 by the end of the week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyUcHWwvgVM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJB4pM9Jj0
I'll let you know in 4-6 hrs.

« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2019, 09:49 AM »
Today, windows 10 x64 pro Lite RS6 with August 2019 updates is available ("19H1" for Vasudev)

As usual, it contains many reg tweaks, netfx 3.5, netfx 4.8, dx9 (and 12) and many programs.
Note: in this edition you'll find many more programs like the latest releases of vlc, firefox, handbrake, cdisplay (custom made edition of SF), Sumatra, Flashplayer...
It's also activated by default.
Nothing was deleted in winsxs and to obtain such a size, install.wim was converted into esd.
As usual, It also contains 7zip 19.00, winrar 3.71, Treesize free, subtitles edit, Visual C++ Redist...and the latest drivers.
list of the embedded drivers here: https://justpaste.it/3ke4l
Note that the intel graphics drivers are not integrated any more.
Nothing was removed (but a script was run to remove the useless appx and provisioned packages. Hopefully they won't come back since the registry was updated too).
Fx sound enhancer v13.025 was added (full version).
Windows defender is disabled by default but can be re-enabled again via gpedit.msc.
Note that the new feature Windows Defender Tamper protection was deactivated too.

Here is the script used to remove provisioned apps (the "Sysprep" switch was used).
Code: [Select]
#This function finds any AppX/AppXProvisioned package and uninstalls it, except for Freshpaint, Windows Calculator, Windows Store, and Windows Photos.
#Also, to note - This does NOT remove essential system services/software/etc such as .NET framework installations, Cortana, Edge, etc.

#This is the switch parameter for running this script as a 'silent' script, for use in MDT images or any type of mass deployment without user interaction.

param (
  [switch]$Debloat, [switch]$SysPrep
)

Function Begin-SysPrep {

param([switch]$SysPrep)
        Write-Verbose -Message ('Starting Sysprep Fixes')

# Disable Windows Store Automatic Updates
       <# Write-Verbose -Message "Adding Registry key to Disable Windows Store Automatic Updates"
        $registryPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore"
        If (!(Test-Path $registryPath)) {
            Mkdir $registryPath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
            New-ItemProperty $registryPath -Name AutoDownload -Value 2
        }
        Else {
            Set-ItemProperty $registryPath -Name AutoDownload -Value 2
        }
        #Stop WindowsStore Installer Service and set to Disabled
        Write-Verbose -Message ('Stopping InstallService')
        Stop-Service InstallService
        #>
 }

#Creates a PSDrive to be able to access the 'HKCR' tree
New-PSDrive -Name HKCR -PSProvider Registry -Root HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
Function Start-Debloat {

param([switch]$Debloat)

#Removes AppxPackages
    #Credit to Reddit user /u/GavinEke for a modified version of my whitelist code
    [regex]$WhitelistedApps = 'Microsoft.ScreenSketch|Microsoft.Paint3D|Microsoft.WindowsCalculator|Microsoft.WindowsStore|Microsoft.Windows.Photos|CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows|`
    Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes|Microsoft.MSPaint|Microsoft.WindowsCamera|.NET|Framework|Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension|Microsoft.ScreenSketch|Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp|`
    Microsoft.VP9VideoExtensions|Microsoft.WebMediaExtensions|Microsoft.WebpImageExtension|Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller'
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where-Object {$_.Name -NotMatch $WhitelistedApps} | Remove-AppxPackage -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    # Run this again to avoid error on 1803 or having to reboot.
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where-Object {$_.Name -NotMatch $WhitelistedApps} | Remove-AppxPackage -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    $AppxRemoval = Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Where-Object {$_.PackageName -NotMatch $WhitelistedApps}
    ForEach ( $App in $AppxRemoval) {

Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName $App.PackageName

}
}

Function Remove-Keys {

Param([switch]$Debloat)   

#These are the registry keys that it will delete.

$Keys = @(

#Remove Background Tasks
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\46928bounde.EclipseManager_2.2.4.51_neutral__a5h4egax66k6y"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.7909.7600.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.PPIProjection_10.0.15063.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.15063.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.16299.15.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"

#Windows File
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.File\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"

#Registry keys to delete if they aren't uninstalled by RemoveAppXPackage/RemoveAppXProvisionedPackage
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\46928bounde.EclipseManager_2.2.4.51_neutral__a5h4egax66k6y"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\Microsoft.PPIProjection_10.0.15063.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.15063.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Launch\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.16299.15.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"

#Scheduled Tasks to delete
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.PreInstalledConfigTask\PackageId\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.7909.7600.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe"

#Windows Protocol Keys
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Protocol\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Protocol\PackageId\Microsoft.PPIProjection_10.0.15063.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Protocol\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.15063.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.Protocol\PackageId\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.16299.15.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy"

#Windows Share Target
        "HKCR:\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.ShareTarget\PackageId\ActiproSoftwareLLC.562882FEEB491_2.6.18.18_neutral__24pqs290vpjk0"
    )

#This writes the output of each key it is removing and also removes the keys listed above.
    ForEach ($Key in $Keys) {
        Write-Output "Removing $Key from registry"
        Remove-Item $Key -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    }
}

Function Protect-Privacy {

Param([switch]$Debloat)   

#Creates a PSDrive to be able to access the 'HKCR' tree
    New-PSDrive -Name HKCR -PSProvider Registry -Root HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

#Disables Windows Feedback Experience
    Write-Output "Disabling Windows Feedback Experience program"
    $Advertising = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo'
    If (Test-Path $Advertising) {
        Set-ItemProperty $Advertising -Name Enabled -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Stops Cortana from being used as part of your Windows Search Function
    Write-Output "Stopping Cortana from being used as part of your Windows Search Function"
    $Search = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search'
    If (Test-Path $Search) {
        Set-ItemProperty $Search -Name AllowCortana -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Stops the Windows Feedback Experience from sending anonymous data
    Write-Output "Stopping the Windows Feedback Experience program"
    $Period1 = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Siuf'
    $Period2 = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules'
    $Period3 = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules\PeriodInNanoSeconds'
    If (!(Test-Path $Period3)) {
        mkdir $Period1 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        mkdir $Period2 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        mkdir $Period3 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        New-ItemProperty $Period3 -Name PeriodInNanoSeconds -Value 0 -Verbose -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    }

Write-Output "Adding Registry key to prevent bloatware apps from returning"
    #Prevents bloatware applications from returning
    $registryPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent"
    If (!(Test-Path $registryPath)) {
        Mkdir $registryPath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        New-ItemProperty $registryPath -Name DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures -Value 1 -Verbose -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    }         

Write-Output "Setting Mixed Reality Portal value to 0 so that you can uninstall it in Settings"
    $Holo = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic'   
    If (Test-Path $Holo) {
        Set-ItemProperty $Holo -Name FirstRunSucceeded -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Disables live tiles
    Write-Output "Disabling live tiles"
    $Live = 'HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications'   
    If (!(Test-Path $Live)) {
        mkdir $Live -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue     
        New-ItemProperty $Live -Name NoTileApplicationNotification -Value 1 -Verbose
    }

#Turns off Data Collection via the AllowTelemtry key by changing it to 0
    Write-Output "Turning off Data Collection"
    $DataCollection = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection'   
    If (Test-Path $DataCollection) {
        Set-ItemProperty $DataCollection -Name AllowTelemetry -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Disables People icon on Taskbar
    Write-Output "Disabling People icon on Taskbar"
    $People = 'HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People'
    If (Test-Path $People) {
        Set-ItemProperty $People -Name PeopleBand -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

#Disables suggestions on start menu
    Write-Output "Disabling suggestions on the Start Menu"
    $Suggestions = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager'   
    If (Test-Path $Suggestions) {
        Set-ItemProperty $Suggestions -Name SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled -Value 0 -Verbose
    }

Write-Output "Removing CloudStore from registry if it exists"
     $CloudStore = 'HKCUSoftware\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore'
     If (Test-Path $CloudStore) {
     Stop-Process Explorer.exe -Force
     Remove-Item $CloudStore
     Start-Process Explorer.exe -Wait
    }

#Loads the registry keys/values below into the NTUSER.DAT file which prevents the apps from redownloading. Credit to a60wattfish
    reg load HKU\Default_User C:\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT
    Set-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKU\Default_User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager -Name SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled -Value 0
    Set-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKU\Default_User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager -Name PreInstalledAppsEnabled -Value 0
    Set-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKU\Default_User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager -Name OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled -Value 0
    reg unload HKU\Default_User

#Disables scheduled tasks that are considered unnecessary
    Write-Output "Disabling scheduled tasks"
    #Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName XblGameSaveTaskLogon | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName XblGameSaveTask | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName Consolidator | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName UsbCeip | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName DmClient | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName DmClientOnScenarioDownload | Disable-ScheduledTask -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
}

#This includes fixes by xsisbest
Function FixWhitelistedApps {

Param([switch]$Debloat)

If(!(Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Microsoft.Paint3D, Microsoft.MSPaint, Microsoft.WindowsCalculator, Microsoft.WindowsStore, Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes, Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder, Microsoft.Windows.Photos)) {

#Credit to abulgatz for the 4 lines of code
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Paint3D | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.MSPaint | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsCalculator | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} }
}

Function CheckDMWService {

Param([switch]$Debloat)

If (Get-Service -Name dmwappushservice | Where-Object {$_.StartType -eq "Disabled"}) {
    Set-Service -Name dmwappushservice -StartupType Automatic}

If(Get-Service -Name dmwappushservice | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"}) {
   Start-Service -Name dmwappushservice}
  }

Function CheckInstallService {
  Param([switch]$Debloat)
          If (Get-Service -Name InstallService | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"}) { 
            Start-Service -Name InstallService
            Set-Service -Name InstallService -StartupType Automatic
            }
        }

Write-Output "Initiating Sysprep"
Begin-SysPrep
Write-Output "Removing bloatware apps."
Start-Debloat
Write-Output "Removing leftover bloatware registry keys."
Remove-Keys
Write-Output "Checking to see if any Whitelisted Apps were removed, and if so re-adding them."
FixWhitelistedApps
Write-Output "Stopping telemetry, disabling unneccessary scheduled tasks, and preventing bloatware from returning."
Protect-Privacy
#Write-Output "Stopping Edge from taking over as the default PDF Viewer."
#Stop-EdgePDF
CheckDMWService
CheckInstallService
Write-Output "Finished all tasks."

Size: 3.09 Gb
Link: https://mega.nz/#!sAcSSCTA!2HO5VQPjMnU-c631NYY6mT60_hS3EBXH5oKFEfmw3eU

Note that a switch-less lite installer for the latest nvidia drivers for win 10 x64 is available here (v431.60)
Only graphics driver and Physx system are installed. Geforce experience is not installed.
It might be possible to run it during the installation (not tested).
Link: https://mega.nz/#!oM82SQRb!rMaV4cigUMC_txdg17qRXLZBEound3sQ5srCVpg-rMU

and here is the link for a switch-less win10 activator (encrypted & automatic).
I encrypted it to store it more easily since some antivirus detect it as a virus. Disable your antivirus before executing the exe (it’s not a virus).
A few seconds later,it’s done.
Link: https://mega.nz/#!lZNnGCjI!z8lO3wDxUH0o0iQDSAr_ztf8ADlYnBc3Syi-kbNskno

Monsieur baboon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24xRFPGMImY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ioxh3OTSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17CwZmI8mUQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAlj3odftHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKowWFBIuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ9s7FBJL14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHDoJi_LpwQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSW_lKGf9us
Hey the new w7 sp1 ESD didn't work. It was getting stuck at loading Windows and never progressed further. So, I used your March edition W7 for my office VM ASAP.

Offline scarface

« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2019, 02:35 PM »
Hey the new w7 sp1 ESD didn't work. It was getting stuck at loading Windows and never progressed further. So, I used your March edition W7 for my office VM ASAP.
Actually, I don't know if I'll release a win7 edition this month. And I don't see the point in using it any more since windows 10 x64 is working (The differences between win 7 and win 10 are slight).
Besides, I have an issue installing kb4512506, the monthly rollup released yesterday. I don't know why it can't be installed.
If Maher was making new win7 isos again, I would gladly stop releasing new versions.
I consider this version as a masterpiece (http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg34549#msg34549), and making a larger iso of an older OS doesn't make sense.

In the meantime, the July edition of Windows 7 is still available. According to my tests it's working with the esd version, and I don't know why it wouldn't work either.
If you can't use the esd version, well, you can still go back to wim with this cmd: dism /export-image /SourceImageFile:install.esd /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:install.wim /Compress:max /CheckIntegrity
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:30 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Apparently, a lot of users stumbled upon the same problem with kb45112506 with windows 7. I had error 80092004 too, trying to install it with the July release.
It seems a solution can be found here. I'll test that later to see if I can install it then.
https://borncity.com/win/2019/08/14/windows-updates-kb4512506-kb4512486-drops-error-0x80092004/