Maher's Digital World

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Offline scarface

Re: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2019, 02:35 PM »
Hey the new w7 sp1 ESD didn't work. It was getting stuck at loading Windows and never progressed further. So, I used your March edition W7 for my office VM ASAP.
Actually, I don't know if I'll release a win7 edition this month. And I don't see the point in using it any more since windows 10 x64 is working (The differences between win 7 and win 10 are slight).
Besides, I have an issue installing kb4512506, the monthly rollup released yesterday. I don't know why it can't be installed.
If Maher was making new win7 isos again, I would gladly stop releasing new versions.
I consider this version as a masterpiece (http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg34549#msg34549), and making a larger iso of an older OS doesn't make sense.

In the meantime, the July edition of Windows 7 is still available. According to my tests it's working with the esd version, and I don't know why it wouldn't work either.
If you can't use the esd version, well, you can still go back to wim with this cmd: dism /export-image /SourceImageFile:install.esd /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:install.wim /Compress:max /CheckIntegrity
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:30 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Apparently, a lot of users stumbled upon the same problem with kb45112506 with windows 7. I had error 80092004 too, trying to install it with the July release.
It seems a solution can be found here. I'll test that later to see if I can install it then.
https://borncity.com/win/2019/08/14/windows-updates-kb4512506-kb4512486-drops-error-0x80092004/

« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2019, 01:58 AM »
Hey the new w7 sp1 ESD didn't work. It was getting stuck at loading Windows and never progressed further. So, I used your March edition W7 for my office VM ASAP.
Actually, I don't know if I'll release a win7 edition this month. And I don't see the point in using it any more since windows 10 x64 is working (The differences between win 7 and win 10 are slight).
Besides, I have an issue installing kb4512506, the monthly rollup released yesterday. I don't know why it can't be installed.
If Maher was making new win7 isos again, I would gladly stop releasing new versions.
I consider this version as a masterpiece (http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg34549#msg34549), and making a larger iso of an older OS doesn't make sense.

In the meantime, the July edition of Windows 7 is still available. According to my tests it's working with the esd version, and I don't know why it wouldn't work either.
If you can't use the esd version, well, you can still go back to wim with this cmd: dism /export-image /SourceImageFile:install.esd /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:install.wim /Compress:max /CheckIntegrity
Geez, why didn't I think of that! I could've converted it to Wim. I feel stupid now!