• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on January 17, 2020, 01:41 PM
Note that a new link is available in the previous message.
If you are buying a brand new computer, I advise you to buy something with Freedos (a windows 10 home preinstalled license costs roughly ), and you can use Maher's windows 7 or windows 10 (available in the previous message) then.

All PCs in India are bundled with Home license and office 2016/2019 Home license included in MSRP. Only lower end PCs comes with FreeDos. You can buy cheap genuine Win 10 key from reputed ebay seller.

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on January 20, 2020, 05:19 PM
All PCs in India are bundled with Home license and office 2016/2019 Home license included in MSRP. Only lower end PCs comes with FreeDos. You can buy cheap genuine Win 10 key from reputed ebay seller.
Well, some MSI laptops are not shipped with windows. And they are not "lower end". But thy are rare indeed.
Look at this one, shipped with freedos: https://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00279525.html
Actually, if it was less expensive, I would buy it. But after 5 years, my PC is still working perfectly. And compared to this one, besides a better graphic cards and a slightly better processor (I have a i7 6700hq), I have the same configuration. Note that I bought my computer with Freedos, for approximately 1000â,¬.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on January 20, 2020, 06:08 PM
Well, some MSI laptops are not shipped with windows. And they are not "lower end". But thy are rare indeed.
Look at this one, shipped with freedos: https://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00279525.html

As far as I know here in the USA laptops with clean hard drives aren't available for sale. Naturally I mean major businesses who sell them for a living. They'd even be hard to find in a small store because they can buy them only with all the unwanted garbage on it. I keep reading that those people who write the pre-loaded garbage pay suppliers to preload their shitt and this lowers the price of the laptop for the consumer. Naturally the garbage won't run without it. I would actually pay more money for a new laptop with a clean hard drive.

Incidentally, when it comes to Windows remember Micro$haft's goal is not so much to sell copies, it's Windows everywhere! I firmly believe the price suppliers pay Micro$haft isn't that much, and is easily offset by the amount they receive from the garbage software people.

Also, what's the point of having Freedos instead of Windows? What progs can you run with that?

Actually, if it was less expensive, I would buy it. But after 5 years, my PC is still working perfectly. And compared to this one, besides a better graphic cards and a slightly better processor (I have a i7 6700hq),

My PC is also 5 years old. When it comes to upgrades I have a golden rule: If your PC (or phone) still does what you want it to do, it is not obsolete. As if this writing that's my case with both. I upgrade hardware as needed.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on January 21, 2020, 06:18 AM

As far as I know here in the USA laptops with clean hard drives aren't available for sale. Naturally I mean major businesses who sell them for a living. They'd even be hard to find in a small store because they can buy them only with all the unwanted garbage on it. I keep reading that those people who write the pre-loaded garbage pay suppliers to preload their shitt and this lowers the price of the laptop for the consumer. Naturally the garbage won't run without it. I would actually pay more money for a new laptop with a clean hard drive.

Incidentally, when it comes to Windows remember Micro$haft's goal is not so much to sell copies, it's Windows everywhere! I firmly believe the price suppliers pay Micro$haft isn't that much, and is easily offset by the amount they receive from the garbage software people.

Also, what's the point of having Freedos instead of Windows? What progs can you run with that?

Actually, if it was less expensive, I would buy it. But after 5 years, my PC is still working perfectly. And compared to this one, besides a better graphic cards and a slightly better processor (I have a i7 6700hq),

My PC is also 5 years old. When it comes to upgrades I have a golden rule: If your PC (or phone) still does what you want it to do, it is not obsolete. As if this writing that's my case with both. I upgrade hardware as needed.
5 yrs is not ancient nowadays since they rehash same hardware for another 3 years with increased prices just like Intel does. I'm thinking of getting AMD laptop and desktop rig since my PCs are like crap once I disable everything in favor of security against Intel Spectre like architecture bugs. I will HyperThreading and faster processing.

scarface

As far as I know here in the USA laptops with clean hard drives aren't available for sale. Naturally I mean major businesses who sell them for a living.
If there is freedos, there the hard drive is not clean. Freedos is some kind of Ms-Dos. Basically, you can’t run anyhting with it. But you can install Linux, or windows.
You always speak with the wisdom of the lion. I wish I could be with you and some users of the forum in a remote place.

Quote from: Vasudev on January 21, 2020, 07:42 PM
5 yrs is not ancient nowadays since they rehash same hardware for another 3 years with increased prices just like Intel does. I'm thinking of getting AMD laptop and desktop rig since my PCs are like crap once I disable everything in favor of security against Intel Spectre like architecture bugs. I will HyperThreading and faster processing.
I don’t understand why laptops are more expensive than 5 years ago. My current laptop with a i7 9750h (instead of a i7 6700hq), a newer graphics card, and a ssd (I already have one) is now 400â,¬ more expensive. Note that originally, I had only 8Gb Ram, I added a ram bar. As long as my laptop is working, I’m going to wait.

Note that I made a switchless installer for Easeus partition master (+activation). But the installer is not completely silent as it launches a website at the end. Maybe one of you can do something about it. It would be tidious to do a nsi installer. It’s a simple winrar sfx installer.
https://ufile.io/ambusami

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on January 21, 2020, 11:34 PM
As far as I know here in the USA laptops with clean hard drives aren't available for sale. Naturally I mean major businesses who sell them for a living.
If there is freedos, there the hard drive is not clean. Freedos is some kind of Ms-Dos. Basically, you can’t run anyhting with it. But you can install Linux, or windows.
You always speak with the wisdom of the lion. I wish I could be with you and some users of the forum in a remote place.

I don’t understand why laptops are more expensive than 5 years ago. My current laptop with a i7 9750h (instead of a i7 6700hq), a newer graphics card, and a ssd (I already have one) is now  more expensive. Note that originally, I had only 8Gb Ram, I added a ram bar. As long as my laptop is working, I’m going to wait.

Note that I made a switchless installer for Easeus partition master (+activation). But the installer is not completely silent as it launches a website at the end. Maybe one of you can do something about it. It would be tidious to do a nsi installer. It’s a simple winrar sfx installer.
https://ufile.io/ambusami
Didn't know you got 9750h based laptop. 6700hq is becoming dated and feels ancient after applying new BIOS patches.

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on January 22, 2020, 06:59 PM
Didn't know you got 9750h based laptop. 6700hq is becoming dated and feels ancient after applying new BIOS patches.
I didn't. I said a computer with a i7 9750h (instead of a i7 6700hq), and a recent card (GTX 1660 Ti instead of GTX 960) is 400â,¬ more expensive than my computer bought 5 years ago.
In fact, for the same price, I would get a i7 8750h and a nvidia gtx 1060 (a msi shipped with freedos...)

scarface

Note that I'm going to make a Nsis installer for Easeus partition master since I think there is no way to hack the installer to prevent it from displaying a web page at the end of the silent installation. I will try to do it for the version 13.8.
If possible, it will be available in the next version of windows 10 x64.

scarface

If you are looking for good versions of windows 10x64 and 7x64, I think you can already test the ones available in this topic. Note that the next version of windows 10x64 will include a few updates: subtitles edit 3.5.13, the latest flash player, if possible an activated version of easeus partition master 13.8 (it would be a light version without the "useless" winpe creation tool), and maybe xxcopy.

Note that I will try to make an update for the frictionalgames AIO repack that could be below 8 Gb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcJ7zGrClJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqYwneO6GC8

humbert

That you can install Windows from Freedos makes sense, but Linux? I install distros of Linux by booting from a flashdrive. If there is a Dos program that can run a Linux executable installation program, I don't know about it. I'm also assuming installations of Windows or Linux would overwrite Freedos. What is the point of having a separate Dos partition?

Thanks. It would really be nice to meet you guys in person. Sadly at this point this would require teleportation, just like in Star Trek.  :(

I don’t understand why laptops are more expensive than 5 years ago. My current laptop with a i7 9750h (instead of a i7 6700hq), a newer graphics card, and a ssd (I already have one) is now  more expensive. Note that originally, I had only 8Gb Ram, I added a ram bar. As long as my laptop is working, I’m going to wait.

Really? Here in the USA a high end laptop is about $1000. This has been the case for quite a while now.