• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Could some one help me please?

Started by betaclosed, January 19, 2012, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betaclosed

I made a stupid mistake installing Windows 8!
So I torrented Windows XP Proffesional edition,

When I double click it, with Daemon tools,
It shows me,

"Install Windows XP
Learn more about the setup process
Perform additional tasks
Check system compatibility"

But "Install Windows XP" is grayed out,
So I cant install windows xp, and im still stuck in Win8!

I really need to come back, and I lost my Win7 CD's,
So this is really my only solution!

Thanks alot, ~

humbert

Quote from: betaclosed on January 19, 2012, 10:41 PM
I made a stupid mistake installing Windows 8!
But "Install Windows XP" is grayed out,
So I cant install windows xp, and im still stuck in Win8!
I really need to come back, and I lost my Win7 CD's,
So this is really my only solution!
Thanks alot, ~

What are you doing fooling around with Windows 8? It's way too early for that - the alpha (or pre-alpha) versions that are out there are unfinished and therefore very buggy. Relax, the when the real Windows 8 comes out, it'll be on the torrent sites several weeks before the announced date of sale - cracked and all.

As for XP, did you download a solid working version like the one Maher offers for download? I haven't seen it because I use Win 7-64, but I did use XP for years before 7 came out, and I vividly recall that the boot disk gave you the option of formatting your drive and doing a fresh install. This is what you must do to install XP if Win 7 or 8 are present.

As for Windows 7, it's all over the place. Our friend Maher will easily give you a link so you can re-download it, assuming you want to go that route.

Maher

Don't rus Setup from inside Windows 8.
Burn the ISO file you downloaded into a CD and boot from it.
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

ollenberger

Windows 8 is a manufactured necessity. At what point do we just say.. hey windows is good.. has plenty of features and if very usable. It's late and I can't form a great sentence, but you know what I'm getting at. I think windows 8 is fairly premature at this point.
There is no god.

humbert

Quote from: ollenberger on January 27, 2012, 10:48 AM
Windows 8 is a manufactured necessity. At what point do we just say.. hey windows is good.. has plenty of features and if very usable. It's late and I can't form a great sentence, but you know what I'm getting at. I think windows 8 is fairly premature at this point.

I still believe it's a little early to be screwing around with Windows 8. It's still being tested and won't be released until probably October (if not later). Most importantly, unless Win 8 is designed to use the same drivers as Win 7, how do you get hardware support for those items that the OS doesn't include a driver for?

Out of curiosity for those of you who've played around with 8, can you simply install it over 7 or do you have to do a fresh install? I clearly remember Windows 95 could easily be installed over 3.11, but that was NOT the case if you were running XP and wanted to upgrade to 7. If you didn't reformat and start from scratch, it was one headache after another.