• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP SP3 ~ Maher

Started by mayura4ever, April 26, 2011, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Maher on November 11, 2011, 09:21 PM
I pay semi-annual using a credit card. And I pay far less than the 13 dollars your wife pay :)

Believe it or not, I knew that even before you posted this. In fact, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find places that'll host your site for free. Before I start shopping around, I do have a question because this is a topic I'm not too familiar with. If we moved to another site to save a few cents, does the domain name go with us or does Yahoo (our present host) keep that? What about the e-mail addresses? We absolutely need to keep them.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on November 14, 2011, 05:17 AM
Quote from: Maher on November 11, 2011, 09:21 PM
I pay semi-annual using a credit card. And I pay far less than the 13 dollars your wife pay :)

Believe it or not, I knew that even before you posted this. In fact, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find places that'll host your site for free. Before I start shopping around, I do have a question because this is a topic I'm not too familiar with. If we moved to another site to save a few cents, does the domain name go with us or does Yahoo (our present host) keep that? What about the e-mail addresses? We absolutely need to keep them.
In websites there are 2 things you need to understand.
Domain registrar: The company that registers the domain name for you.
Hosting provider: The company that holds your files on the internet.

When they are the same company you don't need to do anything to get up and running.
If they are different, you need to point your domain name to the hosting.
I can do hosting for you if you want. PM me about it and i will give you full details ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

Quote from: Maher on November 14, 2011, 02:10 PM
In websites there are 2 things you need to understand.
Domain registrar: The company that registers the domain name for you.
Hosting provider: The company that holds your files on the internet.

When they are the same company you don't need to do anything to get up and running.
If they are different, you need to point your domain name to the hosting.
I can do hosting for you if you want. PM me about it and i will give you full details ;)

I'm familiar with the hosting provider. It's the domain registrar that I don't fully understand. This is a company that registers the domain name for you? Who exactly do they register it with? Also, you said if both companies were different you needed to point the domain name with the host company? Excuse my ignorance but how exactly is this done?

I am certainly interested in having you do the hosting for me if it'll save me a few cents. I'll PM you about this.

ollenberger

Well Maher if you do need a little bit of cash for website etc. I'm sure we can figure something out for anonymous donation.
There is no god.